Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Developing Bot:

Discussion on Developing Bot: within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/01/2015, 20:23   #16

elite*gold: 0
Best language is this one, in which you can do the most. Different languages have different purposes, so comparing C/C++ with C#/VB.NET is just stupid.

@OP.
You have started with the simplest thing, which can be good sometimes to just get things going, but probably not in this case. I'd try to overcome the hardest thing first. This way you won't waste your time.

btw. I don't like VB.NET much (not at all to be specific). I just hate its syntax and lack of features that C# has. And VB.NET is not easier than C#. Dunno why people keep saying this.

btw2. You probably use webView control to login. That's not good really. Cosider working on HTTP requests instead, just "proper way to do this".
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/01/2015, 21:41   #17

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,276
You guys all missed the most important part

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkemia View Post
in visual studio
Nothing can go wrong, whatever language he uses, VS will make it faster, more efficient, more beautiful, more everything.

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 21:48   #18

Received Thanks: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diаmonds View Post

Nothing can go wrong, whatever language he uses, VS will make it faster, more efficient, more beautiful, more everything.

hahahaha
VS is only an IDE.
Old 12/01/2015, 21:56   #19

It will not be a pixel bot, and hey if you want to help just message me also should i use notepadd ++? If not then use Visual studio's C# or visual studio's C++? Which program? I mean i am really not that far into the bot but if you guys think that it would be better to start from scratch to make it faster i am all for it. I am also considering making it free if i get help from some of you guys.
Old 12/01/2015, 22:10   #20

elite*gold: 428
Received Thanks: 2,037
Quote:
It will not be a pixel bot, and hey if you want to help just message me also should i use notepadd ++? If not then use Visual studio's C# or visual studio's C++? Which program? I mean i am really not that far into the bot but if you guys think that it would be better to start from scratch to make it faster i am all for it. I am also considering making it free if i get help from some of you guys.
You are starting from 0 and you want to make a non-pixelbot bot for darkorbit. So I think that you have 2 possibilities:
1) packetbot
2) flahs injection based bot (like golem)
This mean that you should learn an entire language +
1) how packets work in darkorbit
2) ActionScript and learn how to make a flash injection/reading

I don't want to discourage you.. but thats the reality. I think that this will take you some months. But anyway good luck with your project.

I personally use notepad++ for web programming only. For C# I suggest you VisualStudio. About C++ I don't really like the VisualStudio version.. I suggest you to use something like Code::Blocks or DevC++
Old 12/01/2015, 22:18   #21

Quote:

Most stupid thing I've heard today so far. Good job. Keep it up sir.
IDEs are made to make your workflow better, faster and efficient. Actually you missed the point of IDEs.

Take your ironic shit for yourself. You ain't helping him, if you don't have anything to say, just keep your mouth shut.

Quote:
You won't do anything without basic knowledge. First you have to understand difference between IDE and text editor. Then you need to undestrand diference between C#, VB.NET, C++ and Visual C++. Then you should learn basics on coding in language of your choice. Choice based on your preferences. Just try each of them and decide (you can go for others too - just try as much as you can). When you get idea what are you doing and if you are happy with your results and still want to learn - go for more advanced stuff.

Really, you have to belive me - writing non-pixel-bot (packet bot) for DarkOrbit isn't good choice. You need to know whatever language pretty well (I don't mean knowing all specifics, features and best practices - you just have to know how to make stuff done in it). But it's not enough (it was enough few years ago) - you still have to know how to analyse code (not yours and not raw code). TCP specifics are needed to, as well as brain to come up with non-obvious solutions to problems (be a hacker).

You started this project from wrong side. Don't overthink how awesome this will be, how you will make money from it and start bragging around telling others you are making a bot and this will be out soon. Very likely it won't be out ever. You might fail and very likely you will.

Don't start so hard (and asking such lame questions while "working" on such complicated project won't help at all). Start from the beginning.

Good luck sir.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 22:41   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by First75 View Post
hahahaha
VS is only an IDE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cf5e View Post
IDEs are made to make your workflow better, faster and efficient. Actually you missed the point of IDEs.

Take your ironic **** for yourself. You ain't helping him, if you don't have anything to say, just keep your mouth shut.

For real?
LMAO.
Really.
You guys gotta be kidding me.

I know what a ******* IDE is. But you don't know what a joke is.
You called my post stupid? Good. Because it was meant to be stupid.
The whole conversation about which language is the best isn't worth anything, that debate is as old as computers, and it never ended with everyone agreeing that a specific language is better than the others.
I tried to make fun of this stupid situation you got involved into...
Google "how to understand jokes" and learn, please.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 23:09   #23

Diamonds is right. I want to suck his **** <3

Also HTML is the best, clearly.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 23:18   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla365 View Post
Diamonds is right. I want to suck his **** <3

Also HTML is the best, clearly.
YUSSSS HTML 4 LIFE
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 23:28   #25

Quote:

Take your ironic shit for yourself. You ain't helping him, if you don't have anything to say, just keep your mouth shut.

You won't do anything without basic knowledge. First you have to understand difference between IDE and text editor. Then you need to undestrand diference between C#, VB.NET, C++ and Visual C++. Then you should learn basics on coding in language of your choice. Choice based on your preferences. Just try each of them and decide (you can go for others too - just try as much as you can). When you get idea what are you doing and if you are happy with your results and still want to learn - go for more advanced stuff.

Really, you have to belive me - writing non-pixel-bot (packet bot) for DarkOrbit isn't good choice. You need to know whatever language pretty well (I don't mean knowing all specifics, features and best practices - you just have to know how to make stuff done in it). But it's not enough (it was enough few years ago) - you still have to know how to analyse code (not yours and not raw code). TCP specifics are needed to, as well as brain to come up with non-obvious solutions to problems (be a hacker).

You started this project from wrong side. Don't overthink how awesome this will be, how you will make money from it and start bragging around telling others you are making a bot and this will be out soon. Very likely it won't be out ever. You might fail and very likely you will.

Don't start so hard (and asking such lame questions while "working" on such complicated project won't help at all). Start from the beginning.

Good luck sir.
Somebodies salty, hey i never said i was going to release the bot soon infact i just wanted to know if any one wanted to help on it and i still haven't quite decided if i want users to pay for it, i am leaning towards making it free. Anyway i have been coding for around 4 years now and i have had my fair share of languages i can say i am at least decent at: C#, java, and php, i may have only developed 3 websites, and 2 games but it still am by no means a beginner i have just never developed a bot. But since you are such a party pooper i am going to lighten the mood and announce that i will be updating this thread with some footage on Christmas when i get to it.

Stay silly mate
Old 12/01/2015, 23:31   #26

Quote:
For real?
LMAO.
Really.
You guys gotta be kidding me.

I know what a ******* IDE is. But you don't know what a joke is.
You called my post stupid? Good. Because it was meant to be stupid.
The whole conversation about which language is the best isn't worth anything, that debate is as old as computers, and it never ended with everyone agreeing that a specific language is better than the others.
I tried to make fun of this stupid situation you got involved into...
Google "how to understand jokes" and learn, please.
I got "the joke" and your irony. But IDE is really what I said and what you said (while being ironic).

You were ironic about thing that is truth. Irony doesn't work this way.
If it will make you feel better yes I'm stupid and you are great guy.

HOLY MOLY GUYS, this thread is more retarded than I am. I just can't handle it anymore bye.
Old 12/01/2015, 23:41   #27

Quote:
I got "the joke" and your irony. But IDE is really what I said and what you said (while being ironic).
I know what an IDE is. And if you got my irony, why would you say that my post was stupid? Because you are?
Good job, keep it up sir.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 23:49   #28

Guis, how do I use <b> with html?
I've been trying to figure this out, and studying it for about 2 months, but i can't figure it out.
Please help me, if I don't finish my website soon enough, my mom will beat me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 23:49   #29

elite*gold: 1001
Received Thanks: 5,863
Quote:
Well i am new to programming and the language is easy and it was recommended to me from someone who already made a good working bot. They said i should use that or C#.
Quote:
Somebodies salty, hey i never said i was going to release the bot soon infact i just wanted to know if any one wanted to help on it and i still haven't quite decided if i want users to pay for it, i am leaning towards making it free. Anyway i have been coding for around 4 years now and i have had my fair share of languages i can say i am at least decent at: C#, java, and php, i may have only developed 3 websites, and 2 games but it still am by no means a beginner i have just never developed a bot. But since you are such a party pooper i am going to lighten the mood and announce that i will be updating this thread with some footage on Christmas when i get to it.

Stay silly mate
Seems legit.

First you start programming and now you are programming for 4 years.

Good Job.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2015, 00:07   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla365 View Post
Guis, how do I use <b> with html?
I've been trying to figure this out, and studying it for about 2 months, but i can't figure it out.
Please help me, if I don't finish my website soon enough, my mom will beat me.
Just use an IDE. It'll solve all your problems
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread