Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 18:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is it legal to ask for the police before unlocking your account?

Discussion on Is it legal to ask for the police before unlocking your account? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
Is it legal to ask for the police before unlocking your account?

So, I'm back...
I wanted to try out and get my hacked account back... It was good, I don't even know if I still have all the items right now, but I guess I will find out once I got my account back.
Anyways, so I took my time and read the Darkorbit Terms of Service, and I couldn't find anything in there about 'hacking' of your account neither did I find anything about the police in there.
So now my question is, is it actually legal to ask you to proof that you are the original owner of the account by going to the police, explain them why you came there for about 2 hours, let the police laugh on you and then get that one paper you went for?
I've asked it to Sephirofl, which has an unban service based on the law. Even he didn't know if it is actually legal.

So back to my account, I've send them a new email to the support, containing my username before my account was hacked, my user ID and even the email of the hacker. I'm pretty sure I will just get the answer, to prove that you are the legitimate owner of this account, please go to the police...

Why is it so difficult to get your DarkOrbit account back? Take a look at League of Legends, there it is easy to prove that you are the legitimate owner, they ask you several questions like, at which internet company were you when you registered your account, or what were the 5 last skins you bought etc...
But on DarkOrbit, it has to be like this, so please, start the discussion, is this legit yes or no?
Old 05/25/2014, 11:56   #2

elite*gold: 0
You should call the police BEFORE you do anything. Actually, since many people sell accouts, you never know if a guy stole from you or bought from you.
Old 05/25/2014, 11:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madatek View Post
You should call the police BEFORE you do anything. Actually, since many people sell accouts, you never know if a guy stole from you or bought from you.
I've got a reply from their support, saying they can't find anything about the account, I'm 100% sure the user ID is right, also they told me I should just admit it that it's lost... How is this possible?
Yea ok call the police, in my country, they don't take this kind of internet crime serious... They start laughing at you and tell you it's your own fault...
Old 05/25/2014, 12:06   #4

...BP stopped to care about accounts rescue, they just justify themselves by saying:
User is the only responsible to its account security

And then... byebye
I would try to call the police, anyway.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2014, 12:09   #5

Quote:
...BP stopped to care about accounts rescue, they just justify themselves by saying:
User is the only responsible to its account security

And then... byebye
I would try to call the police, anyway.
Would it make sense to call the police after receiving this email?:
"It's possible that you have spent money and time in this account, but an account that has been inactive too long is getting removed. The account is lost."
Would it make sense to keep discussing about this with them?
Old 05/25/2014, 12:12   #6

Bigpoint changed their system of recovering hacked or stolen accounts. They say go to police but when they started working on your complaint it could easily be 1or 2 years later..
So I advice you , let the hacked account rest and buy or make a new one
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2014, 12:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-A-Noob View Post
Bigpoint changed their system of recovering hacked or stolen accounts. They say go to police but when they started working on your complaint it could easily be 1or 2 years later..
So I advice you , let the hacked account rest and buy or make a new one
Well, I did buy a paysafecard yesterday containing €50 to buy an account, got home and balance was 0.00, hacked -.- idk how, but it is possible, instantly sent an email to their support but didn't got an answer yet
Old 05/25/2014, 12:30   #8

I would reinstall windows, if i were u
Old 05/25/2014, 12:36   #9

Quote:
I would reinstall windows, if i were u
lol it was a clean windows since 2 days... Didn't type the psc code anywhere either except to check my balance...

EDIT: I read the ToS once more and couldn't find anything about darkorbit being able to delete inactive accounts...
Old 05/25/2014, 12:53   #10

Received Thanks: 1,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joever11 View Post
lol it was a clean windows since 2 days... Didn't type the psc code anywhere either except to check my balance...

EDIT: I read the ToS once more and couldn't find anything about darkorbit being able to delete inactive accounts...
But they never say that the account is yours, if I understood right a post on this forum, they own all the accounts, and if they want to delete it, they can because they are the owners... They only "share" the accs with the players...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/25/2014, 13:41   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joever11 View Post
Well, I did buy a paysafecard yesterday containing €50 to buy an account, got home and balance was 0.00, hacked -.- idk how, but it is possible, instantly sent an email to their support but didn't got an answer yet
If your paysafecard was 'hacked' just simply write a mail to paysafecard support? Anyway , you can see for which company or products the paysafecard are used for when you check the balance.
Old 05/25/2014, 14:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not-A-Noob View Post
If your paysafecard was 'hacked' just simply write a mail to paysafecard support? Anyway , you can see for which company or products the paysafecard are used for when you check the balance.
Yep, the balance is 0, lost €50 to "Global Collect BV". Did send an email yesterday containging serial, date & time of purchase, pin & picture of me holding psc while writing the email... Untill now, no reaction :s. At this moment I don't even know if I'll ever get a reaction on this. I guess I'll have to wait untill monday at least.
Old 05/25/2014, 17:53   #13

I would go to the shop where you have bought the psc The problem will be that they will say you have reedemed it You said the Police will laugh by problems like that in your country 1 Statemant --> That´s the law that´s her job to help you 2 question --> Where do you live?
Old 05/25/2014, 21:46   #14

Received Thanks: 1,276
When My account was hacked, ~1 month ago, they told me that they only can give drones back. So on this account, I have nothing except drones now. You should try to get the drones back to sell it for a better price and buy another account...
What I mean is that you won't get back your acc form bigpoint