Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 18:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Screw DarkOrbit, why not make our own game?

Discussion on Screw DarkOrbit, why not make our own game? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Screw DarkOrbit, why not make our own game?

I am surely up for it; although I do not know any coding language other than some html, I am willing to learn :P. I have become very frustrated with all these large gaming companies wanting all the money in the world... who is with me :P?

You should take a look at this, . This game took like a year and a half of my life before I decided to quit, plus around $80. You may look at this game and think, wow that is stupid... Well, looks may decieve you because, that game got pretty addicting. They had weekly updates, and they did not even do much of the work themselves. Players imputed their sword, head, body, and hat designs into the game so that the game could sell them. Not to mention the players that added them got no money at all. (I forgot to mention, this game is on computer too.)

My plan is to get a group of people to make a game, I do not care what genre. As long as it is fun, addicting, gets us lots of money, and it should be a multiplayer game...

Interested?, Contact:
Michael Adair () on skype .
I may not be on at every moment of the day, so hold your horses :P.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/15/2013, 17:09   #2

Sure me, but If I am the host and I get the money.
Old 09/15/2013, 17:16   #3

If U're motivated, you've months and months of work, good luck
Old 09/15/2013, 17:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawliet™ View Post
Sure me, but If I am the host and I get the money.
:P Well, at first we will have to see what resources/people we have and will go from there. We will not have just one person host... add Michael Adair on skype

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdessAngel View Post
If U're motivated, you've months and months of work, good luck
You want in? Also, what skills ya got?
Old 09/15/2013, 17:36   #5

good ideea! but what about private servers? jD's seems to be good. some good people could help him and release a better darkrobit version than the original
Old 09/15/2013, 17:45   #6

Oh yeah we could make a better game than Darkorbit, cause Darkorbit didn't take years to make and code even with a big team and they didn't invest a ton of money into the game
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/15/2013, 17:45   #7

I don't want to work on it, not enough time for a simple do remix so not enought time for a whole game
Old 09/15/2013, 17:53   #8

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,723
A game it's a game need time and a big team....and yes paid team.
Old 09/15/2013, 18:00   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [becky] View Post
good ideea! but what about private servers? jD's seems to be good. some good people could help him and release a better darkrobit version than the original
Becky, I realize that all my ideas are good teehee... yet, that was not really what I was thinking of doing. If we do that there is no way to make money, darkorbit is a dead game. The only people that play it now are people that have played it 1/2 their life or noobs that are starting to realize that this game is really a big scam.

So, what I was thinking of was making a whole NEW game. We would start out small, then continue getting bigger and bigger. Anything can happen ... if you are interested in helping add Michael Adair on skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossarmydude View Post
Oh yeah we could make a better game than Darkorbit, cause Darkorbit didn't take years to make and code even with a big team and they didn't invest a ton of money into the game
I realize that...

Quote:
A game it's a game need time and a big team....and yes paid team.
Well, if we manage to get a good group together... maybe full of people that will help a couple hours every week. (Without pay that is) Then after we have an idea put up, some nice graphics, a base and everything we could go to kickstarter.com or something and get going...
Old 09/15/2013, 18:07   #10

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,723
Build a team that want to do that and talk after..
It's hard what you say and i'm telling this from my experience as an dev on some projects.
You must have at last the way to comunicate in real time with your team as well as other teams are makeing meetings.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/15/2013, 18:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd26 View Post
Build a team that want to do that and talk after..
It's hard what you say and i'm telling this from my experience as an dev on some projects.
You must have at last the way to comunicate in real time with your team as well as other teams are makeing meetings.
Eventually we will have multiple teams, depending on a persons skill + time in which contact will be easy to make. The leaders of each team will meet up later with ideas and other stuff...
+Thanks for the help
Old 09/15/2013, 18:19   #12

Good luck with doing a game lol !
Old 09/15/2013, 18:48   #13

elite*gold: 1001
Received Thanks: 5,918
You want to create a game but you can't code?

Seems for me like I want to eat a Cheeseburger but I haven't money.
Old 09/15/2013, 19:12   #14

I will also be learning, I never said I was going to be leader... I am just here to start a movement... Like your mouth, you eat and start the digestive process... but, it is the **** that gets all the awards for the outcome. (...metaphor ******)
Old 09/15/2013, 19:16   #15

elite*gold: 1001
Received Thanks: 5,918
Without right concept, own foreknowledge et cetera you can forget it.

You have nothing on which it could be based, no server, no business idea et cetera.