Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 12:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[5165] NPC promo centre equiptment quests

Discussion on [5165] NPC promo centre equiptment quests within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[5165] NPC promo centre equiptment quests

Hello everyone! i'd first like to start off by saying:

This is for the source 5165!!!

righteo... today i am only releasing the promo centre script for equiptment quest.

Note:
This is just the start, i will release more later on,
This is only the select quest part,
No actual quests are linked to it just yet.

ok, open up the newestCoServer project using C# open up the npcdialog.cs file.

now add this code under the word promote, or if you know how to add, add it where you like.

Code:
#region Quests
                                    if (Control == 150)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Everyone wants to be a hero. So do I. But rome wasn't built in a day. If you are Dreaming of being a big celebrity, I can help you get prepared."));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Defense of Twin City", 151));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("The Helmet", 152));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("The Connector", 153));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Gold Spun Armor", 154));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Anzure Pill", 155));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Artisan's feather", 156));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Mystic Ring", 157));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Next", 158));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSetFace(N.Avatar));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCFinish());
                                    }
                                    if (Control == 158)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Everyone wants to be a hero. So do I. But rome wasn't built in a day. If you are Dreaming of being a big celebrity, I can help you get prepared."));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Frantic Monkeys", 159));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Soul of General", 160));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("The Mad Man", 161));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("The Ghost City", 162));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Tomboy's Marriage", 163));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Desert Blood", 164));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Back", 150));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Next", 165));
                                    }
                                    if (Control == 165)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Hero's Wings", 166));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Family Feud", 167));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Desert Treasure", 168));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Desert Expedition", 169));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("The Power Book", 170));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Back", 158));
                                    }
                                    #endregion
add this to every promo npc if you like.

i will release some quests when i make them and will update the above code to suit the different classes later... this is just a template

don't forget to press thanks if you like (don't know how many people will use this)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/27/2010, 11:04   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Moved.
Old 01/27/2010, 19:51   #3

Before you release the npc, I thought I'd give you some advice;

Code:
 if (Control > 151 && Control < 171)
 {
    // QuestID = Control;
 }
Please do not use hashtables, a dictionary is way faster.
Old 01/27/2010, 19:57   #4

Good job Immune!
This helped me alot!
Old 01/27/2010, 20:18   #5

Goodjob..
Old 01/27/2010, 20:29   #6

good job!
Old 01/27/2010, 23:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
Before you release the npc, I thought I'd give you some advice;

Code:
 if (Control > 151 && Control < 171)
 {
    // QuestID = Control;
 }
Please do not use hashtables, a dictionary is way faster.

lol, to be honest, i don't even know how that works O_0
but thanks.
Old 01/27/2010, 23:50   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukejonesy View Post
lol, to be honest, i don't even know how that works O_0
but thanks.
use it instead of the other else if statements dealing with your control statements.

When you add the new parts to the script to actually give this some functionality (maybe it's my own bitchyness but why are you 'releasing' this if it doesn't even do anything yet?) use a range instead of doing a separate else if statement for each control statement.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/28/2010, 19:29   #9

you should release the whole quest in one post so you won't make so many posts cuz there are more much more coming and no1 will remember about it
but it's a good start
Old 01/29/2010, 14:01   #10

Or he can just edit this post and add to it, in which case people will see it Most should theoretically remember what they added and what they did not :P
Old 01/29/2010, 15:22   #11

elite*gold: 111
Stop bumping this thread. The guy is not going to add anything else, as I am fairly sure that he is not able to do so.