Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Noobish: Ice taoist

Discussion on [Release]Noobish: Ice taoist within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release]Noobish: Ice taoist

This is for LOTF. Its VERY simple.
First its Client.cs
AFTER
Code:
 else if (MyChar.Job == 101)
                                {
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("The magical arts of the taoist are powerful indeed. Have you come to sip from the cup of knowledge?"));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Learn taoist skills.", 1));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Get promoted.", 7));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSetFace(30));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCFinish());
                                }
Add

Code:
else if (MyChar.Job == 195)
                                {
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("The magical arts of the Ice Taoist are powerful indeed. Have you come to sip from the cup of knowledge?"));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Learn Ice skills.", 99));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Goodbye.", 255));
                                }
Then search for

Code:
if (Control == 6)
                                {
                                    if (MyChar.Level >= 15)
                                    {
                                        MyChar.Job = 101;
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.Vital(MyChar.UID, 7, MyChar.Job));
                                        MyChar.AddItem("421028-0-0-0-0-0", 0, (uint)General.Rand.Next(36457836));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have been Promoted.", 2005));
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("You are not high enough level to get promoted!"));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("I see.", 255));
                                    }
                                }
After that add
Actually I believe you need to Replace this next one. But this is an Old edit so Sorry if you do.

Code:
if (Control == 7)
                                {
                                    if (MyChar.Level >= 40)
                                    {
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("Do you want to become a Water Tao, a Fire Tao, or an Ice Tao?"));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Water Tao", 50));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Fire Tao", 51));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Ice Tao", 98));
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("You are not high enough level to get promoted!"));
                                    }
                                }
Then After

Code:
if (Control == 51)
                                {
                                    MyChar.Job = 142;
                                    MyChar.AddItem("721020-0-0-0-0-0", 0, (uint)General.Rand.Next(36457836));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have been Promoted a Fire Tao!", 2005));
                                }
add

Code:
if (Control == 98)
                                {
                                    MyChar.Job = 195;
                                    MyChar.AddItem("721020-0-0-0-0-0", 0, (uint)General.Rand.Next(36457836));
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have been Promoted to an Ice Tao!", 2005));
                                }
then look for

Code:
if (Control == 41)
                                {
                                    if (MyChar.Level < 3)
                                    {
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("You are not high enough level."));
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        MyChar.LearnSkill(1010, 0);
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have learned an XP Skill.", 2005));
                                    }
                                }
And under that add

Code:
if (Control == 99)
                                {
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCSay("Ice Taoists have 3 skills. What skill would you like?"));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Icicle", 97));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Ice Circle", 96));
                                        SendPacket(General.MyPackets.NPCLink("Avalanche", 95));
                                }
                                if (Control == 97)
                                {
                                    MyChar.LearnSkill(5130, 1);
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have learned Icicle.", 2005));
                                }
                                if (Control == 96)
                                {
                                    MyChar.LearnSkill(5131, 1);
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have learned Ice Circle.", 2005));
                                }
                                if (Control == 95)
                                {
                                    MyChar.LearnSkill(5132, 1);
                                    SendPacket(General.MyPackets.SendMsg(MessageId, "SYSTEM", MyChar.Name, "You have learned Avalanche.", 2005));
                                }
This handles the Promo NPC

Ill post the Rebirth tommrow 4:27 AM time for school.
ALSO stats you can do yourself. and Edit the profession Names in the client Make 195 Ice Taoist

Thanks
Incariuz For the Skills found

And heroixi For ALOT of help with adding this
Old 04/16/2009, 11:07   #2

Wasn't this already released?
Old 04/16/2009, 12:01   #3

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I'm actually pretty intrested to code a completely new stats that are able to be just as another class. If I have time, this is what I would do, in this order too:
1. Add in the professionalnames.ini
2. Add it in the character creation, since it's too hard to add a new box for a new class, I would probably do a new taoist, and when you first login you can choose by the Normal Taoist or 'Name' Taoist, or if I handle the account/character creation by my website it would be really easy.
3. Create equipment for this new class
4. Create stats for this new class
5. Create skills/spells for this new class
6. Add some extra's to this new class so it will be unique
7. Add it in rebirth code, promotion and all that
8. Release the new class.
Old 04/16/2009, 12:23   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I'm actually pretty intrested to code a completely new stats that are able to be just as another class. If I have time, this is what I would do, in this order too:
2. Add it in the character creation, since it's too hard to add a new box for a new class, I would probably do a new taoist, and when you first login you can choose by the Normal Taoist or 'Name' Taoist, or if I handle the account/character creation by my website it would be really easy.
Well what i recommend if your going to make a new taoist would be no creating any new npc's or box on creation because what you can do is add to what choices you have at level 40 for taos to be either fire, water, or your name of taos.
Old 04/17/2009, 22:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Good Lucky, o.o'
Old 04/17/2009, 22:30   #6

elite*gold: 20
I would recommend something other than 'ice' taoist. Look at what we have now: Water, Fire.

Why not go along the lines of the other 3 elements?

Classical element - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04/18/2009, 00:33   #7

Earth Tao? =o'
Old 04/18/2009, 01:04   #8

thats exactly what i am working on XD. We're bringing in the three "buried" taos (minus the fourth just plain taoist). Im also bringing in 3 new classes. i'll keep ya posted.