Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Country Location Packet [5650]

Discussion on Country Location Packet [5650] within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 09/06/2012, 04:03   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by diedwarrior View Post
Yeah no worries mate, and about the leecher part, not really sure if he's a leecher or not, looking at his threads, he once ran a latest patch server and he updated Hybrid's source to latest patch back then.
I don't know him, but I'm just guessing.
Maybe Who knows But Lets Admit it .. Upgraded Sources need Lots Of Work
Old 09/06/2012, 04:06   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman123 View Post
Maybe Who knows But Lets Admit it .. Upgraded Sources need Lots Of Work
Yeah, takes much time to fully upgrade a source, and at the racist part, I don't think separating players based on their flag is racist, In my point of view I'd like to see Egyptians fight together, Chinese people fighting together(dunno if they'd be able to recognize each other), and so on but meh that's my point of view.
Old 09/06/2012, 04:16   #18

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Finally. Egyptians can ban themselves at the push of a button.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2012, 10:09   #19

Quote:
Edit: He edited comment, so yeah, "Well in this case u Need to know what these codes Are (which means u need to know their values)" Therefor, +1 for the OP for saving us time .
And lol, on the racist part, blame tq, just keeps adding **** over ****.
Its funny that it lets people choose the flags, most of people are wearing the US Flag in realco.
TQ = Toilet Quality.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/06/2012, 12:18   #20

Quote:
Yeah no worries mate, and about the leecher part, not really sure if he's a leecher or not, looking at his threads, he once ran a latest patch server and he updated Hybrid's source to latest patch back then.
I don't know him, but I'm just guessing.
Lol you think I'm a leecher.. I have been coding CO since 2005 under the username Ranny. I was a dedicated coder of epvp and packet busters. I have worked with the best and still have them on my msn .
Until lately I have been playing games rather then coding and until recently found the urge to want to play around with conquer again haha

I like a lot of the good coders of the past and still present came from Diamond xD
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/06/2012, 13:26   #21

To answer one of \'shadowman\'s question, you can use some tools that tell you what IP is related to what country and even you can pin point the city of someone that connects to your client.

MaxMind's tools are very useful in this matter and they give a free solution (obviously, personal use not commercial). All you have to do is input the IP and it will return a structure 'Location' which will contain the country, district and the city. Afterwards it's just a matter of 'switch' (you might want to use a dictionary or something).

Actually the license it is released with allows you to use it commercially.

Database:
I recommend you use GeoLite City (you need the binary form for the C# implementation)
API and implementation:
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/06/2012, 13:42   #22

You can also just connect to an IPtracer and get the information from there?
Old 09/06/2012, 16:36   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
To answer one of \'shadowman\'s question, you can use some tools that tell you what IP is related to what country and even you can pin point the city of someone that connects to your client.

MaxMind's tools are very useful in this matter and they give a free solution (obviously, personal use not commercial). All you have to do is input the IP and it will return a structure 'Location' which will contain the country, district and the city. Afterwards it's just a matter of 'switch' (you might want to use a dictionary or something).

Actually the license it is released with allows you to use it commercially.

Database:
I recommend you use GeoLite City (you need the binary form for the C# implementation)
API and implementation:
Awesome i wanted to know how to do this long time ago but then didnt give Attention ... Anyways Thx ... And i wish u help me on the My last Thread on Pserver Discussion
Old 09/06/2012, 17:43   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by I don't have a username View Post
You can also just connect to an IPtracer and get the information from there?
Are you serious? You would gain absolutely nothing by connecting to an online service compared to using something on your own host. You would actually lose a lot of time even more than 1 second considering the latency and the service's queue.

I understand that you like the 'cloud' but we don't make a server for one player only. If you were to do an application that does a certain function you may use an online service but considering the forum we are writing on, using online services is the worst idea you could think of (obviously if there is no offline alternative it's understandable). Seriously, let's see pros and cons for offline and online services.

Offline services (MaxMind's LiteGeoCity db):
Pro:
-gives results in a matter of milliseconds
-offline, you can run it on any pc and get the information for a given IP address
Con:
-could be out-dated (MaxMind updates the database every Tuesday of every month)

Online serives (eg. ip-tracker.com)
Pro:
-up to date at all times
Con:
-to get a result you will wait atleast one second because of latency and serivce's handle queue

Please fill the list more if you think there's more to it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2012, 17:59   #25

Oh wait I misunderstood. Didn't read all your post rofl. Thought you had to check up on the IP's manually through it, but nvm LOL
Old 09/07/2012, 01:19   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
Lol you think I'm a leecher.. I have been coding CO since 2005 under the username Ranny. I was a dedicated coder of epvp and packet busters. I have worked with the best and still have them on my msn .
Until lately I have been playing games rather then coding and until recently found the urge to want to play around with conquer again haha

I like a lot of the good coders of the past and still present came from Diamond xD
You mad bro ? I'm saying YOU'RE NOT A LEECHER, gosh.
Old 09/08/2012, 07:38   #27

so its work to 5611 update to 5623+ ??? just a asking
Old 09/08/2012, 11:44   #28

Works on 5639-5650...