Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] 5290+ source

Discussion on [Project] 5290+ source within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: What would you like to see happen
Release Upgraded Immune's Source 30 23.26%
Release Custom 5291 source 70 54.26%
Release Immune's and work on custom for hellmouthCo 7 5.43%
Don't release either, just work on hellmouthco 12 9.30%
Don't bother, conquer sucks. 10 7.75%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[Project] 5290+ source

Ok so as promised... project tracking thread for my source. In the last couple days of messing around with the concept for this project it's gone through a ton of changes so lemme lay out what's happening here.

Custom Source:
I am still planning to do a custom source... but doubt I'll be releasing that (if it ever gets done).

Patch:
As of right now I got lazy and decided to use an existing source to test things so that I knew what I was doing (that way I have a reference and can confirm that my packets are all working etc before putting them in my own source... think of it like a test bed for features before I code them properly for use in my own source.

Right now I'm using Immune's 5180 source which I've successfully upgraded for BASIC 5291 functionality (current tq patch). All I've really done is basic logging in, haven't updated/added much past that seeing as I'm lazy and I don't plan to actually USE his source... just test w/ it.

Project Concept:

Here's where I'm still at a loss... I'll add a poll to get your opinions but I have a few ideas for this.

A: Release basic upgraded immune's source to current tq patch to boost pserver development and give people a reference.

B: Create custom source based off current tq patch to revive HellmouthCo (I miss that project <3) and or release custom source (doubtful)

C: Don't release the 5291 upgrade and simply work on hellmouth w/ a custom source.

Ok so yah... the project doesn't have much done on it yet but I said in the other thread that once I got it logging into the desired patch properly that I'd make a thread to track the project.

TL;DR VERSION:

I upgraded immune's basic source to 5291. Should I release it to boost pserver development into new patches?

Should I add some more functionality to immune's source before releasing (Monsters, attacking... basic stuff like that?)

Should I revive HellmouthCo using a custom source running the newest tq patch (with custom features obviously)

<edit>

Random screeny of being able to login. Not that it looks any different afaik from some earlier patches but w/e!

Thanks
8 Users
Old 08/05/2010, 20:34   #2

elite*gold: 28
Make a custom.
Old 08/05/2010, 20:52   #3

elite*gold: 0
I want 5291 Source if you will release?
Old 08/05/2010, 21:05   #4

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
I want 5291 Source if you will release?
Made my day kiddo, Anyway make a custom and a svn that is password (security issues if the password gets leeched.)And only give auth to people who you trust, or just pass it via a attachment to certian people in a PM/MSN what im saying is make a custom and give it to people who you trust not people who wont make any good use of it.
Old 08/05/2010, 21:17   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminationn View Post
Made my day kiddo, Anyway make a custom and a svn that is password (security issues if the password gets leeched.)And only give auth to people who you trust, or just pass it via a attachment to certian people in a PM/MSN what im saying is make a custom and give it to people who you trust not people who wont make any good use of it.
Yah for the custom though (again this is a big if) would most likely be used for my own server... I mean yes I could release the base version of it and then build on that myself... just seems like knowing me I'd be far more likely to get sucked into my own lil project rather than releasing.... then eventually once I got bored of it I'd release rofl! I mean hey, my old super ****** Hellmouth source is released, why not this one down the line?

Just something tells me that even if I revamped immune's somewhat, provided a setup guide so ppl could actually use it and it worked for current tq patch, no one would use it simply because they need to code more features themselves... and no ******* way I'm gonna code a full source and release it (even if I could/had the time)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/05/2010, 21:17   #6

Don't bother, conquer sucks.
Old 08/05/2010, 21:18   #7

how bout doin both immune and a costum hehe would b so crazy well goodluck
Old 08/05/2010, 21:26   #8

elite*gold: 20
I could hook you up with some hosting, server and svn.
Old 08/05/2010, 21:37   #9

that will be cool if you get it on elitepvpers i have been looking for a good source and i trust your coding skills that the source will not be bugy like the buged sources that is out there waiting for you
Old 08/05/2010, 22:32   #10

elite*gold: 20
Don't release either!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/05/2010, 23:30   #11

lol I think was a awesome source 5290+ :| been cool but:| nobody not try to code 5290 cause all noobs/egy like newestco source:| which is pathetic (my opinion ) ! and cause nobody will give any codes..good luck chris
Old 08/06/2010, 00:52   #12

Do not release any source.

Theres enough public information for those who want to learn, releasing this will make leechers the winners.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/06/2010, 00:57   #13

100% agree with Basser !!
Old 08/06/2010, 01:08   #14

u dont like immunes. but u still want to upgrade it.
is using binary database, wich was first fail.
Old 08/06/2010, 01:19   #15

Why don't release? If he got the 5290 source working he will get also the newer version of TQ when they will add a new one and with new ***** into. I'm not spending much time replying just reading what you people tell but, in the end, why to be selfish? He can upgrade his source to the last one like he did with this one...For me it's useless because I'll not use it for the simply fact I don't have knowledge about C# and I'll not start learning this language and spend alot of my time for a private server that can be shutted down in every moment because of copyrights. If you are good programmers code your own client or change it until it's not copyrighted anymore. Nobody does that, and I refer now to people who knows programming because designing, we call can do by simply opening Adobe Photoshop and changing some colors. Make a custom client because we all know that some people here can really program a really good source.