Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

When does a server fail?

Discussion on When does a server fail? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
When does a server fail?

This is not supposed to be some discuss. Just a fact and clean up to everybody that thinks their server is good, but fail.
First i want to talk about donation.
Donation is always failing as long it give overpower like alot more levels, then non donaters. Or new items for only donaters, wich is extremely stronger. What fun is there in that a donater can fuck a nondonater in 1hit, but nondonater can't even hit on the donater? Nothing. Well Donations should be fairly spread, so they might get the better things etc., but should fairly also be possible for non donaters. All should have a chance to get on top. Next thing is the nobility where they donate 999999999. Thats just sucky, cuz what about new players? They got no chance or what? When is on 500000000000?. Thats just redicioulous. It should be hard to gain nobility. Not just those who can click 999999999 and OK most times.
Now we are around donations and nobility, lets go to something other, called respect and staff.
A Server should not choose staff after first day. Just because some random unknown peoples say "Hey can i be gm, if not i leave" or "Hey can i be gm or pm. I am really helpful". No ur not helpful, you just ask here, cuz no other places want u.
If you really were helpful you wouldn't ask for gm or pm.
So many servers have bad staff because they do that, they should wait 1month to see whos doing a good job in helping, without asking for it.
Then sign them up.
Remember you dont have to hurry up, you got the whole life.
Next thing is features and there is really alot wich makes the server fail.
What is the point of a million reborns? when there is no difference on them?
If you really should add mroe reborns, they should be fairly different and have different quests etc.
Level 255 gear? HAHAHA, serious thats just wierd. Why should peoples have this gear, why not just original gear, instead making the server unbalanced. Cuz the level gear higher then 130, isn't at normal stats anyway.
Remember the gear gets a choosed % everytime change level.
Oh now I know why? Cuz you only have pserver to get money from donators.
True, you can get money, but they should go all straight to server, to make bigger host etc.
Hamachi servers with donation should never exist.
Now what about the site?
I got one question.
Do you see any mmorpg sites with no gameguide or forum?
I haven't seen. All sites should have a forum and a game guide with all informations about server features.
It dosn't matter how much you write, but that you actually wrote some.
That does just show you care about your members.
Thats all i want for now.
Feel free to come with ur comment about this and what you think makes the server fail or what they could do better.
Thanks.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/12/2010, 19:18   #2

u r right i can mention about some bots like autodonator buahah i played on the server where most ppl use this bot so new players have no chances to get king or even duke coz longest players while using this kind of bot making the donations everyday bigger is there any sense to play? For me Donation is very useles or if owner edit it to create only princes or kings coz the effect is nice and everybody will get same potency
Old 06/12/2010, 20:05   #3

ya
king, prince, etc. should be deserved
not just gain by hax
Old 06/12/2010, 20:05   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Summer View Post
This is not supposed to be some discuss. Just a fact and clean up to everybody that thinks their server is good, but fail.
First i want to talk about donation.
Donation is always failing as long it give overpower like alot more levels, then non donaters. Or new items for only donaters, wich is extremely stronger. What fun is there in that a donater can fuck a nondonater in 1hit, but nondonater can't even hit on the donater? Nothing. Well Donations should be fairly spread, so they might get the better things etc., but should fairly also be possible for non donaters. All should have a chance to get on top. If you have a problem with this type of game play, don't play on the servers that offer an unfair balance then

Next thing is the nobility where they donate 999999999. Thats just sucky, cuz what about new players? They got no chance or what? When is on 500000000000?. Thats just redicioulous. It should be hard to gain nobility. Not just those who can click 999999999 and OK most times. Again, choose another server maybe?
Now we are around donations and nobility, lets go to something other, called respect and staff.
A Server should not choose staff after first day. Just because some random unknown peoples say "Hey can i be gm, if not i leave" or "Hey can i be gm or pm. I am really helpful". No ur not helpful, you just ask here, cuz no other places want u. Everyone has to start from somewhere, as you keep mentioning the "new players" don't get a chance with Nobility/Donations above...So why not try and become a staff member of a server?
If you really were helpful you wouldn't ask for gm or pm.
So many servers have bad staff because they do that, they should wait 1month to see whos doing a good job in helping, without asking for it.
Then sign them up. Servers usually don't last a month.
Remember you dont have to hurry up, you got the whole life. Because everyone wants to play a 2D game from 2003 their whole life.
Next thing is features and there is really alot wich makes the server fail.
What is the point of a million reborns? when there is no difference on them?
If you really should add mroe reborns, they should be fairly different and have different quests etc. Because the market caters to what the players want...duuuurrrr
Level 255 gear? HAHAHA, serious thats just wierd. Why should peoples have this gear, why not just original gear, instead making the server unbalanced. Cuz the level gear higher then 130, isn't at normal stats anyway. Because people want a challenge and change compared to the same thing every day
Remember the gear gets a choosed % everytime change level.
Oh now I know why? Cuz you only have pserver to get money from donators.
True, you can get money, but they should go all straight to server, to make bigger host etc. The whole point of making a revenue stream is not to cut even with the project but rather make a profit off of it (making more than the costs).
Hamachi servers with donation should never exist. As much as using Hamachi shows signs of weakness, it allows a greater number of people to use and experiment with servers/sources.
Now what about the site?
I got one question.
Do you see any mmorpg sites with no gameguide or forum?
I haven't seen. All sites should have a forum and a game guide with all informations about server features.
Haven't you noticed? A Private Serer is a server that is private of the official MMORPG game...so if you want a game guide, go the official site.
It dosn't matter how much you write, but that you actually wrote some.
That does just show you care about your members. Having a game guide doesn't prove shit. You could type up a guide just to attract more people to profit off of them, not care about them.
Thats all i want for now.
Feel free to come with ur comment about this and what you think makes the server fail or what they could do better.
Thanks.
How about, you stop bitching about others success, you become competent yourself, stop using such a shitty source (the LOTF 5165) and make a server you think is better than all the rest, and then let the players decide if what you think is true.

And to answer your topic question, a server fails when the person running it is incompetent.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2010, 20:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
How about, you stop ******** about others success, you become competent yourself, stop using such a ****** source (the LOTF 5165) and make a server you think is better than all the rest, and then let the players decide if what you think is true.

And to answer your topic question, a server fails when the person running it is incompetent.
many difference view on this ;D
but good answers, most off them actually gave me something to think about
Old 06/12/2010, 20:18   #6

Giving awesome gifts for donating is bullshit.
The whole point of a private server is to get away from giving money to people(TQ) money for ****.
If you see a **** server with a **** website giving amazing prizes if you give them money, leave.
The server will be done in a week or 2 anyway. It's not worth it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2010, 20:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
Giving awesome gifts for donating is bullshit.
The whole point of a private server is to get away from giving money to people(TQ) money for ****.
If you see a **** server with a **** website giving amazing prizes if you give them money, leave.
The server will be done in a week or 2 anyway. It's not worth it.
Binary?
Old 06/12/2010, 21:00   #8

all that you said its true .Summer,thanks,some poeple really need to undestand that points...
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2010, 22:45   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
This should be all common sense... no.. LESS than that :S

Being said, there are two ways a server 'fails'

1: when the owner loses track of their purpose (they fail themselves)
2: when the server loses track of their target audiece (they fail the players)

It's simply the ways in which these failures occur that changes.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/12/2010, 22:48   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
This should be all common sense... no.. LESS than that :S

Being said, there are two ways a server 'fails'

1: when the owner loses track of their purpose (they fail themselves)
2: when the server loses track of their target audiece (they fail the players)

It's simply the ways in which these failures occur that changes.
The almighty have spoken
Old 06/13/2010, 02:20   #11

.Summer you could always do nobility different way like...
Have it to where you can only donate certain points HellPoints just cause your server is named hellco lol
That's just one way =P

@Edit

Make them only so you can when the points. Like tournaments
Old 06/13/2010, 02:26   #12

@Flawless
My nobility is already that way :P

This thread refer to 99% of binary servers

#edit
now we talk about fail, then this is biggest fail.
Serious, ip ban a whole country WTF!!!
Old 06/13/2010, 08:06   #13

A server fails when bad GMs take action and ignorant players join. And .Summer, IP banning a whole country isn't a fail, especially Egypt.
Old 06/13/2010, 11:09   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by copz1337 View Post
A server fails when bad GMs take action and ignorant players join. And .Summer, IP banning a whole country isn't a fail, especially Egypt.
Yeah dude, banning a whole country is greaat.
Old 06/13/2010, 11:40   #15

I agree with you summer, servers with higher level gears, donater weapons and stuff are just bad. thats why LastCo sucks so bad and thats not including there GMs, which in my case are a total fail, I dont like them one bit...
Closed Thread