Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

5200 Source

Discussion on 5200 Source within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/21/2010, 03:06   #16

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstersAbroad View Post
.Arco

Pretty much every packet changed.
Packets rarely are fully changed. Yes, many will have offsets changed around and many will have new information added (such as character spawning packets taking into account the whole second name system or w/e it was). There will be NEW packets for the new features but in general the main packets won't change... minor modifications at most.

Eg: Look at the jump/walk packets between 5017, 5095 and 5165... They barely change at all. The only difference I remember off the top of my head between the 5095 and 5165 jump packet was the offsets changing from 12/14 to 8/10 I think it was for the x/y coords.

Ooh and I think the packet subtype might have changed slightly...

That is completely offtopic though. It's up to immune if he decides to release the source or not. Personally I'd love a new source to mess around with and code some new features for but that's only due to my complete hatred for lotf. The more alternatives people have to it the better. I'm confident Immune can make quite a decent base source and if it's on a newer patch it will definitely draw a shitload of people away from 5165 and I can start releasing stuff again. Personally I have no desire to go anywhere near 5165 lotf. I'll do some with immune's but it's still not catching on much cause everyone has their buggy lotf servers and are somewhat content for now.

</fairly pointless rant>
Old 05/21/2010, 11:12   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Packets rarely are fully changed. Yes, many will have offsets changed around and many will have new information added (such as character spawning packets taking into account the whole second name system or w/e it was). There will be NEW packets for the new features but in general the main packets won't change... minor modifications at most.

Eg: Look at the jump/walk packets between 5017, 5095 and 5165... They barely change at all. The only difference I remember off the top of my head between the 5095 and 5165 jump packet was the offsets changing from 12/14 to 8/10 I think it was for the x/y coords.

Ooh and I think the packet subtype might have changed slightly...

That is completely offtopic though. It's up to immune if he decides to release the source or not. Personally I'd love a new source to mess around with and code some new features for but that's only due to my complete hatred for lotf. The more alternatives people have to it the better. I'm confident Immune can make quite a decent base source and if it's on a newer patch it will definitely draw a shitload of people away from 5165 and I can start releasing stuff again. Personally I have no desire to go anywhere near 5165 lotf. I'll do some with immune's but it's still not catching on much cause everyone has their buggy lotf servers and are somewhat content for now.

</fairly pointless rant>
The second name will be removed if change some few patches up again. Because they have removed it again.
Wich i think was a good thing because the names were so ugly
hahahaha
well the packets have changed in many ways as the features has to work, the boss mob check with hp, announcement, arena (Wich is from beofre, but anyway). The new shoppingmall shop etc.
Old 05/21/2010, 20:02   #18

elite*gold: 0
so some one gives way to get all packets