Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Programming a private server?

Discussion on Programming a private server? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Programming a private server?

Hi i was just wondering how do i make my own private server in C#? I mean like... i know that you need to learn how to program and stuff. But my problem is I can't apply my programming knowledge to conquer if that make sense. Say i'm coding all this stuff in C#, then compile it and all. It would come out as one of those cmd DOS file thingy right? So if someone could kindly point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.
Old 04/01/2010, 12:42   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Moved.
Old 04/01/2010, 13:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmum69 View Post
Hi i was just wondering how do i make my own private server in C#? I mean like... i know that you need to learn how to program and stuff. But my problem is I can't apply my programming knowledge to conquer if that make sense. Say i'm coding all this stuff in C#, then compile it and all. It would come out as one of those cmd DOS file thingy right? So if someone could kindly point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.
Just read a guide or two on epvpers. There is alot on here to help people make private servers. And yes in C# after you have compiled it, it comes out as a "cmd DOS file thingy"
Old 04/01/2010, 13:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc2580 View Post
And yes in C# after you have compiled it, it comes out as a "cmd DOS file thingy"
xD sorry i didn't know what it was called.
Old 04/01/2010, 13:41   #5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmum69 View Post
xD sorry i didn't know what it was called.
Its called a Console
Old 04/01/2010, 13:42   #6

Read this, it should help u alot:
Quote:
Old 04/01/2010, 13:44   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
You dont atually have to use a console you can do a server using windows forms, although i wouldnt recommend it.
Old 04/01/2010, 15:21   #8

I wondered this aswell, i dont know how to apply what i learnt to write my own source, What questions me most is where to actually start making a server, Where would i start?
Old 04/01/2010, 17:15   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Scott, unless you have a high level of coding knowledge and know how conquer servers work quite well I would not recommend doing your own source.

You will need a VERY good knowledge of sockets, threading, resource management, encryption, packets and packet processing, few other things in addition to all the 'easy' code such as coding skills, npcs and database functions + a billion smaller things.

I'd strongly recommend using an existing source and building off of it until you're much further along. Hybrids would be a good base cause it has just about nothing coded in it and has no serious problems with it that I'm aware of.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/01/2010, 18:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Scott, unless you have a high level of coding knowledge and know how conquer servers work quite well I would not recommend doing your own source.

You will need a VERY good knowledge of sockets, threading, resource management, encryption, packets and packet processing, few other things in addition to all the 'easy' code such as coding skills, npcs and database functions + a billion smaller things.

I'd strongly recommend using an existing source and building off of it until you're much further along. Hybrids would be a good base cause it has just about nothing coded in it and has no serious problems with it that I'm aware of.
I always like ur posts, cuz they are fileld with alot informations and everytime i read it i get some new knowledge, thanks
They should assign you up for mod.