Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question]C# Knowlege

Discussion on [Question]C# Knowlege within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Question]C# Knowlege

So im wanting to make a custom source as Korvacs said it better or what ever i forgot ^^
But what knowledge is needed to make a custom source
Ill be waiting for replys on this peps
Old 01/23/2010, 19:53   #2

As a guardian set an example and search. -.-

The basics are required as well such as using arrays, dictionaries, hashtables. Statements such as for, if, else, else if, while, do, finally, continue, break ect.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2010, 19:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion~ View Post

As a guardian set an example and search. -.-

The basics are required as well such as using arrays, dictionaries, hashtables. Statements such as for, if, else, else if, while, do, finally, continue, break ect.
Ohh geez gimme a break lol i didnt know that thread was related to what i wanted to know <.<
+I meant like bools encryptions stuff like that is that it?
Quote:
such as using arrays, dictionaries, hashtables. Statements such as for, if, else, else if, while, do, finally, continue, break ect.
Ohh thats all?
Old 01/23/2010, 19:58   #4

Well if you need help let me know.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2010, 20:00   #5

Quote:
Well if you need help let me know.
Yeah i do need help <.< how do i get started with a project..?
Old 01/23/2010, 20:40   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Easiest way would be find a source to examine (I'd suggest hybrid's super basic 5017 source so you don't have a bunch of poorly coded features dragging you down)

Examine how the login/auth server is coded, see how it interacts with the game server, look at how packets are handled in the source and then start writing your own.

Basically you will first just wanna get a working auth/login server, then get it connecting to the game server (Should be fairly easy to get to a point where you can at least log a character in), then work your way up from there adding other required packets, structures and systems as you add new features such as movement, jumping, monsters, attacking, npcs, etcetc.

It's not a simple project but if you are serious, there are lots of guides around here (like the one posted earlier) of things you should teach yourself before you get started. It's always good to see how other people have done sources and then NOT COPY them, but use them as guidelines of how it COULD be done.

The whole point of making your own source is 1) Learning 2) knowing your source inside and out, making it easier to add/remove/fix things over time 3) not end up with a bunch of poorly coded or incomplete features that plague many public sources.

Being your first source, it probably won't be better than some of the public sources BUT, having written it all yourself you will be able to fix it up over time as you learn more and make it better.

Good luck
P4N
Old 01/23/2010, 21:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Easiest way would be find a source to examine (I'd suggest hybrid's super basic 5017 source so you don't have a bunch of poorly coded features dragging you down)

Examine how the login/auth server is coded, see how it interacts with the game server, look at how packets are handled in the source and then start writing your own.

Basically you will first just wanna get a working auth/login server, then get it connecting to the game server (Should be fairly easy to get to a point where you can at least log a character in), then work your way up from there adding other required packets, structures and systems as you add new features such as movement, jumping, monsters, attacking, npcs, etcetc.

It's not a simple project but if you are serious, there are lots of guides around here (like the one posted earlier) of things you should teach yourself before you get started. It's always good to see how other people have done sources and then NOT COPY them, but use them as guidelines of how it COULD be done.

The whole point of making your own source is 1) Learning 2) knowing your source inside and out, making it easier to add/remove/fix things over time 3) not end up with a bunch of poorly coded or incomplete features that plague many public sources.

Being your first source, it probably won't be better than some of the public sources BUT, having written it all yourself you will be able to fix it up over time as you learn more and make it better.

Good luck
P4N
Ohh well Sion just taught me allot of stuff o.o and ill check infamousnoone source :P
Old 01/23/2010, 21:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

Good luck
P4N
What's with this examine this and examine that! NO! Wrong way to go. We all code differently, am I wrong? Trying to do things the way others have done it confuses us and at the end of the day we've learnt nothing but to program like someone else, especially someone new to programing like him.
Old 01/23/2010, 21:51   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
What's with this examine this and examine that! NO! Wrong way to go. We all code differently, am I wrong? Trying to do things the way others have done it confuses us and at the end of the day we've learnt nothing but to program like someone else, especially someone new to programing like him.
Ooh don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting for a second that he emulate someone elses source (that would just be silly) but for me anways, I find looking at different sources gives me ideas on how things CAN be done, not how they MUST be done. That lets me in the end create something that may take concepts from them but in the end is still my own work and style (not that I'm to a level where I have very much style but you get the point)
Old 01/23/2010, 22:03   #10

elite*gold: 20
If you are not that familiar with c# programing yet, I sugget you google up some simple projects that uses the .net socket class(does not have to be co related). Then, you can try to analyze and learn what happens between a client and a server. Once you get that concept in your head then you will be able to understand better what you are doing when you start a server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2010, 22:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare2 View Post
If you are not that familiar with c# programing yet, I sugget you google up some simple projects that uses the .net socket class(does not have to be co related). Then, you can try to analyze and learn what happens between a client and a server. Once you get that concept in your head then you will be able to understand better what you are doing when you start a server.
I do google
Sion allso gave me a e book to read XD
Old 01/25/2010, 04:44   #12

Sockets (asynchronous or synchronous), understanding of how pointers work, understanding of how the database you are using works(databases are not only bound to MySQL or flatfiles as this is what i've noticed around here) and basic assembly knowledge, you might want to take a look into C/C++ as it will be great help for you as you go on..
Don't expect quick results, don't apply what you are learning to the server project without understanding it, you will get frustrated eventually and quit. Learn, apply and do some hypothesis about how things actually work..
Old 01/25/2010, 16:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullable View Post
Sockets (asynchronous or synchronous), understanding of how pointers work, understanding of how the database you are using works(databases are not only bound to MySQL or flatfiles as this is what i've noticed around here) and basic assembly knowledge, you might want to take a look into C/C++ as it will be great help for you as you go on..
Don't expect quick results, don't apply what you are learning to the server project without understanding it, you will get frustrated eventually and quit. Learn, apply and do some hypothesis about how things actually work..
Ohh thanks for the advice :P