Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Wich hosting provider should i choose?

Discussion on Wich hosting provider should i choose? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 01/16/2010, 03:57   #16

elite*gold: 0
Well, if it's binaries then I'd say your going to need a windows vps but for c#, linux runs fine.
For windows vps, I like the following

dehost.org
Decent but can be better.

I've used both and before and they were both reliable.

Haven't tried x10 or know anyone who did, but the offers are quite good.

I've tried 3 vps from vpsland and one thing I noticed it I never had problems with the Ultimate and Enterprise pack, I never had issues but with Value, the vps itself sucked, even after I had them re-install everything.
Old 01/16/2010, 04:29   #17

funny thing is that the best host is ur own pc IF u have a good one. old aco for example
Old 01/16/2010, 04:40   #18

elite*gold: 20
Um no..., Dedicated servers are 24/7 online with 99.99% up-time. Their up/down speed is better than most domestic ISP. If you host it on your computer, anything you do on the hosting computer or any other computer connected to the same network can effect the server.
Old 01/16/2010, 05:14   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by copz1337 View Post
why would you get a uk host. most players are from north america. sigh
wrong, europe. most bad server players are from US

Quote:
Originally Posted by copz1337 View Post
funny thing is that the best host is ur own pc IF u have a good one. old aco for example
wrong, acidco didn't use their "own" they used one of hybrids online friends who was in canada. ( host not in us )

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare2 View Post
Um no..., Dedicated servers are 24/7 online with 99.99% up-time. Their up/down speed is better than most domestic ISP. If you host it on your computer, anything you do on the hosting computer or any other computer connected to the same network can effect the server.
not always right, you may have a server computer..those high powered computers... that use so much..like skynight used to have.
Old 01/16/2010, 06:32   #20

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
wrong, acidco didn't use their "own" they used one of hybrids online friends who was in canada. ( host not in us ) Wrong. Taylor (Nefarious) lived in Boston, Massachusetts...which, I believe, is considered inside the US (unless Massachusetts seceded from the union in 2008/2009?).

not always right, you may have a server computer..those high powered computers... that use so much..like skynight used to have. Yes, you're right about the dedicated box, but, as spare2 said, the Internet connection is shared locally (on the LAN) AND for most people who use cable, the Node/CMTS's download/upload channels are also shared among 250-1000 other users per channel (cramming 250-1000 users on a ~38Mbps downlink and ~15Mbps uplink can suck at peak times (4pm - 11pm)
>.>

edit: To contribute, SolarVPS.com; Softlayer.com x.X
Old 01/16/2010, 08:29   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
>.>

edit: To contribute, SolarVPS.com; Softlayer.com x.X
hybrid long while ago told me in canada, idk what it is in now.