Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST] CoEmu IP Setup

Discussion on [REQUEST] CoEmu IP Setup within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[REQUEST] CoEmu IP Setup

So here's my main problem right now. Been working on a source for a while and have a few hands that wanna' help me out. I figure they can run around my server noting things that need fixing or whatever. But for reason beyond me they can't connect to my server. Right now I'm using a Hamachi system. I changed the IP address in my GameServer and LoginServer MasterSocket.cs to my Hamachi Address. And the "Red" IP's in PacketProcessor.cs in LoginServer to my Hamachi IP. I can still connect with my server.dat IP 127.0.0.1. But no one else can connect with there server.dat IP at my hamachi IP, and we're all logged on the Hamachi network and my source is running. Their side says "Cannot Connect to Server". while on my GameServer.exe cprompt it says they were trying to log in, but the connection timed out. I've done a ton of different things including the lame "search" button. Any and all help muchly appreciated.
Old 01/14/2010, 05:09   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Sounds like maybe the login server isn't forwarding the request to the game server properly? I've never been that handy with handling connections (as I generally just use what's in the source and pray it works lol)

Sounds like if the login server is recognizing the ip they are connecting with then the ip's should be forwarded properly there. I'd just check through the game server to ensure that the ip is correct on that side also.

Note: In login server, the name of the server is important! One should be for 127.0.0.1 and the other server should be the online one. Make sure the server.dat your friends are using is the correct server name and ip address. Just something to check though.
Old 01/14/2010, 05:13   #3

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Sounds like maybe the login server isn't forwarding the request to the game server properly? I've never been that handy with handling connections (as I generally just use what's in the source and pray it works lol)

Sounds like if the login server is recognizing the ip they are connecting with then the ip's should be forwarded properly there. I'd just check through the game server to ensure that the ip is correct on that side also.

Note: In login server, the name of the server is important! One should be for 127.0.0.1 and the other server should be the online one. Make sure the server.dat your friends are using is the correct server name and ip address. Just something to check though.
He is saying he has no problem connecting to the server himself. It's just the other people on the Hamachi network that cannot connect to the server. If he can successfully login to server, it has nothing to do with the source.

I am not familiar with Hamachi, but I am betting it's not allowing connections through it, or they have the wrong IP/Server name
Old 01/14/2010, 05:28   #4

Yah I know he can login, I was just stating that both ips should be used where it deals with server name and external ip should be used for all other ips (not website_ip! That should not be either 127.0.0.1 OR online ip. Connections coming from that ip will be ignored by the login server)
Old 01/14/2010, 05:46   #5

And both of you bring up good points. But to my knowledge if their on my same Hamachi network which I use to host my server, I should have no problems in terms of Port Forwarding. And if it were in my source, there would have to be a mix-up of IP's somehow...would the server name in the server.dat have anything to do with it?
Old 01/14/2010, 06:05   #6

Ooh I never mentioned port forwarding lol.

yes, server names and ip in the source should be the problem.

*opens coemu for the first time in a while*

Login Server

Connections>AuthSocket.cs
ServerIp = hamachi ip
nano_ip = 127.0.0.1

Connections>MasterSocket.cs
Server_Ip = hamachi ip
Website_ip = something random such as 123.123.12.1

PacketProcessor.cs

there will be 4 if(ServerName == 's

2 will be for .nano (local, 127.0.0.1) and 2 for external (hamachi ip)

make sure they match up and the server name matches what is being used in server.dat

example

Scroll down some more and there should be a second, near identical section of code. Edit it in the same way.

Game server

Connections>MasterSocket.cs

Server_Ip = hamachi ip
Site_Ip = something random (123.123.12.1 for eg)

Debug both and run again. Should work now.

Hope that helps
P4N
Old 01/14/2010, 06:35   #7

So definitely made some progress
Still connection fail.

Changed my server names in source to CoEmu, and made that the server name in the server.dat. (for Compatability)

Then made the IPs as you suggested. I missed the AuthSocket.cs IP which I was hoping would've been it.

And tried once more to connect away from HOST computer. And failed again.

Then tried to connect on Host computer, now this is failing. So problem unfortunately not fixed, and another created. This is really a kick in the face... It was definitely progress when the other computer was stuck at logging in. so the problem must lie within the login server...somewhere

So I swapped the nano ip and server ip in authsocket.cs and was able to log back in on HOST computer...oddly enough randomly the guards are now deciding to kill me wherever I go lol. But on other computer it says he authenticated from loginserver then times out...i guess more playing around is needed.
Old 01/14/2010, 06:54   #8

You could try removing the timeout completely (as hamachi tends to create lots of lag)

I don't remember exactly where the timeout is controlled but it should be under the login server, something to do with timeout. Search around and see if you can find it. Change it to a higher number and see if that solves the problem.
Old 01/14/2010, 07:18   #9

While lookin' for TimeOut, this was all I was capable of finding, but found nothing specifically related to a value for time that this timeout waits for. I might just have to call it a night for today. BTW I greatly appreciate your help, yet once again, P4N.

* To change this template use Tools | Options | Coding | Edit Standard Headers.
*/
using System;
using System.Timers;

namespace CoEmu_v2_GameServer.Connections
{
/// <summary>
/// Description of ConnectionRequest.
/// </summary>
public class ConnectionRequest
{
public ulong Key;
public string Account;
protected Timer Timeout;

public ConnectionRequest(uint ExpireTime, ulong _Key, string User)
{
Key = _Key;
Account = User;
if(!Nano.AuthenticatedLogins.ContainsKey(Key))
{
Nano.AuthenticatedLogins.Add(Key, this);
}
Console.WriteLine("["+Key+"] "+Account+" authenticated from LoginServer.");
Timeout = new Timer();
Timeout.Interval = ExpireTime;
Timeout.Elapsed += delegate { Expire(true); };
Timeout.Start();
}
public void Expire(bool TimedOut)
{
Timeout.Stop();
Timeout.Dispose();
if(TimedOut)
Console.WriteLine(Account + "'s connection timed out.");
if(Nano.AuthenticatedLogins.ContainsKey(Key))
{
Nano.AuthenticatedLogins.Remove(Key);
}
}
}
}
Old 01/15/2010, 00:59   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
You might want to try my guide:

The problem that i noticed with the Coemu socketserver is that it never checks to see if the ServerIP (which you define as your hamachi ip) is atually the ipaddress being used, all it does it use the first one in the list of available ip addresses (some of which are invalid eg. 0.0.0.0 in some cases).

The problem with this should be apparent, if the first ipaddress in the list isnt your hamachi ip then you wont be able to connect via hamachi, but you might be able to connect locally. The guide i have linked will allow you to connect via any ip.
Old 01/15/2010, 04:16   #11

Thx Korvacs for that helpful information.

But I found something else that was quite interesting. via Hamachi i was unable to ping other the other computer from Host, but the other computer was able to ping Host computer. Makes no sense...