Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Searching for a good base.

Discussion on Searching for a good base. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 03/14/2017, 05:49   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by smicklehorn View Post
I'm all hyped up for, Conquer: New Dawn! When's that being released? What have you been up to, Fang? Still trying to act hard on a gaming forum? Oh the good ol' days.
Ok.

Also, fun read:
Quote:
In fact, it's stated in the rules. As soon as we detect that you use an account that you did not register or that you use more than one account without notifying an admin, we BAN you immediately and all accounts involved. [...] We have our ways (yes, multiple ways) to detect such frauds, so please don't try to challenge us.

Regards,
John Dread
Old 03/14/2017, 06:00   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Ok.

Also, fun read:
Hey, wise guy, did you not read where I said that account isn't me?

I definitely had a blast reading that, but sorry, no challenge here!
Old 03/14/2017, 17:53   #18

elite*gold: 50
Regardless all comments that have been made, your main request was "a good/stable c# base to learn"
There isnt a stable public source which you can use to learn properly from since your experienced is zero regarding c#.

It sounds dumb advice but i recommend you to checkout the LOTF sources & tutorials.

The base is **** do not use any lotf related source for any future server project BUT since you are interested in learning more about c# and conquer development... There are a ton of sources, code releases & tutorials out there regarding LOTF its my recommendation if you want to LEARN more about conquer development in general.

Get a lotf source, start adding code releases and try to add them succesfully, just from that you'll be learning already, experiment with what you already know, take on c# training video systems and start making your own unique quests for example.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2017, 18:31   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money | Specials View Post
Regardless all comments that have been made, your main request was "a good/stable c# base to learn"
There isnt a stable public source which you can use to learn properly from since your experienced is zero regarding c#.

It sounds dumb advice but i recommend you to checkout the LOTF sources & tutorials.

The base is **** do not use any lotf related source for any future server project BUT since you are interested in learning more about c# and conquer development... There are a ton of sources, code releases & tutorials out there regarding LOTF its my recommendation if you want to LEARN more about conquer development in general.

Get a lotf source, start adding code releases and try to add them succesfully, just from that you'll be learning already, experiment with what you already know, take on c# training video systems and start making your own unique quests for example.
I completely disagree with you. LOTF abuses the Conquer protocol in so many ways.

Look my comment, first page.

That's a stable base source that isn't full of garbage and actually will learn you something.

In case you just wanna check it out, you could also just visit the Github.

Old 03/14/2017, 18:38   #20

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
I completely disagree with you. LOTF abuses the Conquer protocol in so many ways.

Look my comment, first page.

That's a stable base source that isn't full of garbage and actually will learn you something.
This guy is completely unexperienced in conquer development & c# development in general.
Just let him experiment on a crappy source, he aint gonna start a server with it or anything like that..

You can't teach him advanced things while he doesnt even know how to edit a source properly nor add c# code plugins succesfully, this dude doesnt even know about packets, structures, protocols etc... LOTF + Code Plugins as the best way to go for him in my opinion if he wants to learn more about coding & conquer development in general.
But as i stated above several times LOTF is **** for MANY reasons, i'm not recommending him to start a server with a lotf based source i only recommended him to experiment with lotf since there are lots of tutorials & code releases out there regarding this source, more then any source for some reason.
But how can you disagree on the fact that he'll be LEARNING from experimenting with public sources all based on 1 that support a ton of tutorials & code plugins... he just wants to learn he aint opening a project m8
Old 03/14/2017, 19:06   #21

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
LOTF sources do abuse protocols and are generally very poor examples. We've come a very long way since then as a community, and we have much better examples to learn from. I link to my wiki because it accurately documents these protocols and packet structures. It would be a mistake to learn about Conquer Online through such an old source.
Old 03/14/2017, 19:38   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money | Specials View Post
This guy is completely unexperienced in conquer development & c# development in general.
Just let him experiment on a crappy source, he aint gonna start a server with it or anything like that..

You can't teach him advanced things while he doesnt even know how to edit a source properly nor add c# code plugins succesfully, this dude doesnt even know about packets, structures, protocols etc... LOTF + Code Plugins as the best way to go for him in my opinion if he wants to learn more about coding & conquer development in general.
But as i stated above several times LOTF is **** for MANY reasons, i'm not recommending him to start a server with a lotf based source i only recommended him to experiment with lotf since there are lots of tutorials & code releases out there regarding this source, more then any source for some reason.
But how can you disagree on the fact that he'll be LEARNING from experimenting with public sources all based on 1 that support a ton of tutorials & code plugins... he just wants to learn he aint opening a project m8
The point is, if he's going to learn then he needs to learn right. The reason most of the sources releases are **** is because people use LOTF, NewestCoServer as references points and they think because it works and is popular, it must be acceptable.

That's not the case. It's far better to struggle on something that will teach improve your skill rather than breeze by on something that puts you at the bottom tier.