Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Project Legends Return (OLD SCHOOL)

Discussion on Project Legends Return (OLD SCHOOL) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Project Legends Return (OLD SCHOOL)

Hi guys!

I was thinking some time ago about the real 1.0 CO, old school and created a brand new source using all the experience i've got in some years as programmer...

It uses a high performance socket system to hold the connections, i've tested it for some days with a few friends and it works gracefully...

The server still have a few minnor bugs nad i was wondering about players... Will it be played?

Since i don't play conquer for a long time and stopped all my works with it, i don't know anymore if there is any interest in it... and i'd like some advices...

Also the server is using the full cq_action systems with all original npcs and quests....

here is a pic:

Old 02/20/2017, 03:57   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
From what I recall, the Conquer 1.0 client has some bad compatibility issues with modern computers and graphics cards. I mean, the client is over a decade old at this point. Unless you can find a way to run the client reliably, your players might have a hard time playing. I'm not saying don't, I'm saying go find whatever solution you feel is best.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2017, 09:32   #3

Pure 1.0 classic has a certain appeal to me, I would try it.
Old 02/21/2017, 09:26   #4

Also, feel free to PM me anytime about things like this. I'm always up for discussion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/22/2017, 01:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Also, feel free to PM me anytime about things like this. I'm always up for discussion.
Well, since it's been a long time, i didn't knew if you're open as you've always been hehe... Now i know i can talk to you again ;P

Btw... I'm using the old 4267 client with some modifications in the .exe to prevent some bots... I know the client is old and it's not hard to create something to bypass some protections... but the server do have some protections like gw wall jump and other things....

I guess i'll open it in some days to the community and maybe i'll update it to something between 4351 and 5017... i'd like something without potency.... the game become more funny this way... i think at last....
Old 02/22/2017, 01:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tails View Post
Well, since it's been a long time, i didn't knew if you're open as you've always been hehe... Now i know i can talk to you again ;P

Btw... I'm using the old 4267 client with some modifications in the .exe to prevent some bots... I know the client is old and it's not hard to create something to bypass some protections... but the server do have some protections like gw wall jump and other things....

I guess i'll open it in some days to the community and maybe i'll update it to something between 4351 and 5017... i'd like something without potency.... the game become more funny this way... i think at last....
Client side hack prevention isn't going to protect you. They're easy to circumnavigate without server side communication or negotiation. Besides that though, If you can find a patch that works for most people... then go for it. I just don't recommend 4267 unless you have means of fixing compatibility with modern OSes. 5017 is a nice version.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/22/2017, 14:11   #7

and don't forget to release the source Just kidding. I'm glad that you are back, to work on conquer project. I'll wait for your server to play with Cheers
Old 02/22/2017, 17:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
and don't forget to release the source Just kidding. I'm glad that you are back, to work on conquer project. I'll wait for your server to play with Cheers
^ Ignore this. He wants any source code he can get his greedy little hands on.
Keep your source private and make something out of it. I know I don't have the interest in starting a server. The more people interested who have the capability to do so, the better.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/22/2017, 23:35   #9

Quote:
^ Ignore this. He wants any source code he can get his greedy little hands on.
Keep your source private and make something out of it. I know I don't have the interest in starting a server. The more people interested who have the capability to do so, the better.
I don't have a problem with it... Release my source would be a good idea if people would really learn something from it... But i'll not release it since nothing good will come out of it... someone may really study and try to learn... But ppl like him would never study, they just want to copy and paste things....

I guess i'll go to 5017 in some time....
Old 02/23/2017, 02:52   #10

Quote:
I don't have a problem with it... Release my source would be a good idea if people would really learn something from it... But i'll not release it since nothing good will come out of it... someone may really study and try to learn... But ppl like him would never study, they just want to copy and paste things....

I guess i'll go to 5017 in some time....
Be careful with what you release then. I think you'll be safe from people like Soul though, as long as your source isn't "complete". There are multiple ways of releasing software and asking the community for feedback, so hopefully you'll explore your options and make use of the community (or whatever we have left). I'd prefer to see a server though.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/23/2017, 21:37   #11

Quote:
Be careful with what you release then. I think you'll be safe from people like Soul though, as long as your source isn't "complete". There are multiple ways of releasing software and asking the community for feedback, so hopefully you'll explore your options and make use of the community (or whatever we have left). I'd prefer to see a server though.
You'll see one soon... and i won't release it... like you said... but i'll for sure use the community to develop a good server
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2017, 03:38   #12

Quote:
You'll see one soon... and i won't release it... like you said... but i'll for sure use the community to develop a good server
Good luck!