Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

P4Ns Dev Log

Discussion on P4Ns Dev Log within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 12/21/2015, 15:57   #16

elite*gold: 130
I had the exact opposite of your method hehe. Instead of all skills you cannot have, I had all the skills it can have :P
Old 12/21/2015, 16:07   #17

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
I had the exact opposite of your method hehe. Instead of all skills you cannot have, I had all the skills it can have :P

Yah either works. This was easier though cause I just took a list of skills per class and then made a list of ones that are kept when you reborn to other classes and then just xor them out basically and make any manual tweaks from there.
Old 12/26/2015, 05:28   #18

So hopefully former owners of AcidCo wont be too upset but we're working on a similar event to something they used to have. Custom transform looking good. Map is coming along although dont really have a proper map tool so it's kinda rough and slow work at the moment. Low priority but something I'd really like to add for the server.

Today marks the start of developing Origin's first expansion! It seems a bit silly cause the server isn't even had a proper beta yet but given the limited number of people willing and capable of making custom art for conquer I'm starting now so it can get worked on over the next 6 months and tested fully before being introduced.

The idea is that similar to what TQ does with their epic weapons, we'll be targeting under powered classes or under appreciated weapon types in the game to give them some love.

A good example would be hooks. They look cool.. have a lot of variety in models but are completely useless. One of our expansions would focus on making hooks useful by giving them 1-2 new skills, a series of new dragon souls specifically for them, some new events where the new skills are used, some new quests and some new bosses.

Obviously all the content wouldn't be perfectly themed around something as dull as 'hooks' but we want to keep the game fresh and interesting without turning it into a TQ money sink so using the art assets already there and combining with content all the players can enjoy is what we're working on.

Will prob start previewing a few of the weapons in the coming months and if you know anyone who has ANY interest in doing custom weapons/garments send them my way I'm always desperately looking to hire.

Final thing to try to cobble together over next few days will be some sort of event for New Years... I'm a bit burned out in the ideas department so hopefully we'll get something in place. Would be a shame not to do SOMETHING (even if it's just like a weekend increase to drops or something)
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2015, 19:23   #19

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
Well u didnt make that mod yourself u stole the acidco c3 files... wich by are mine

i have not directly given you permission to use them.If this is some sort of cryptic stab in the back. i would like u to stop. its Christmas.
Old 12/26/2015, 21:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
Well u didnt make that mod yourself u stole the acidco c3 files... wich by are mine

i have not directly given you permission to use them.If this is some sort of cryptic stab in the back. i would like u to stop. its Christmas.

#1: We do not have ANY files from your server, your client or any work you've released publicly. All I've shown is a custom c3 model I paid our artist to create which I then linked up to existing client animations and assets... It's not anything unique to you/your server and was completely created by us.

#2: The map I'm developing is something I'm creating my self using my own tools and not in any way referencing art assets you or your team has created/released.

#3: I specifically mentioned your team as a shoutout as you were the first server I'm aware of to use that concept for an event and to welcome your feedback if you felt us creating a similar event was somehow 'unfair' (obviously our event will work different from yours and be using our own assets created by our team)

<edit>

In the interest of open communication, here's the custom c3 for that ball. It's not anything special and it's not like it wont be in an upcoming patch if someone wanted to grab it anyways

And here it is in my model viewer to show any differences between it and your own one you made.

Wow... definitely need to have him re-do it with lower poly count lol!
Old 12/28/2015, 22:18   #21

i have that exact c3 file in my acidco client.... specifically for the football tournament... The football map, i dont mind if you use. it was released. The Football c3 file we had, wich is identical to "yours". Was not given permission..
Old 12/28/2015, 22:28   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
i have that exact c3 file in my acidco client.... specifically for the football tournament... The football map, i dont mind if you use. it was released. The Football c3 file we had, wich is identical to "yours". Was not given permission..
If that's the case and this is a file is from your client then I have some serious talking to do to my artist as he claims he made it himself and has made plenty of other custom meshes for us in the past.

He's supposed to be making me a low poly version and these files aren't in any of our patches, was just in my dev client while I toyed around with new content for future patches so no worries in regards to leaching. Nothing's been released or spread. I'll see what he ends up sending me.
Old 12/28/2015, 22:39   #23

yeah, i spoke with my artist who did the acidco one he said he had never released or gave anything.I am maybe wrong when i said you took ours, it was hard to go by the picture, yours appears super high poly than the one he did. So my appologies there. I guess the same ball texture was used (i know all ***** look alike lol)
Old 12/29/2015, 20:06   #24

Today's job is boring but I'm sure many players will like it.

Working on converting all of TQs new garments and effects to use as future donation rewards or for very special tournaments/events. We dont want the game spammed with laggy effects so these WONT just be in mall but still some cool looking stuff!

Edited out the hideous glows to make them less hard on the eye.

Low poly soccer ball is finished and I have the map accessibility settings all working. Now to finish up the rest of the map textures, make a minimap for it and get the event logic in place.

<edit>

I didn't want to keep placing tiles manually so I made a SUPER basic tool to let me visualize the map and edit tiles quickly. Results are actually really easy to use.

It loads a single ani file and sources all the textures you've added to it and then puzzle file to display how they are arranged. You then mouse over any tile you want to edit and use f1/f2 to modify what texture it's using. F12 then saves the new .pul file so you can throw it in your client and verify it's working as it should.

I'd offer to release it but I strongly doubt anyone would make any use of it.

Next step will be making a few more textures for the goals and then I'm 'done' and ready to start writing the event.

<edit2>

Considering this 'done'. May make some tweaks to the map to make it a bit prettier and I'd like the ball to not float so high above the ground but at this point I'm happy with it for a basic event. Next up to work on the event logic and final testing.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/30/2015, 06:07   #25

cool stuff dude
Old 01/02/2016, 06:13   #26

Got it!

So I was able to find a transformation that jumps quite slow and link the ball up to those animation files... that then caused the mesh to display in the wrong position so I dove into the great wonderful world of 3d modeling and... *gasp* MOVED a ball!

The ball now displays properly and jumps at a reasonable speed. My next mini job is going to be creating team themed versions of the ball so it will be much easier to see which team has the ball at any given time. I'm still debating if I want to color code the ball (ugly and wont look like a soccer ball but easy to see) or spam the teams logo across it (sorta cool but wont help as much)

Because of this stupidly basic achievement I'm now familiar with the tools/plugins needed to create models for conquer so I can train our artists on the basics of how to export their art and add them to the co client. Useful to have for the future

We've also started on our next set of garments and weapons to use in our valentines day quest. Sure it's a month a way but we have to create the garments, test them, create effects, test those and then still create a quest to use for them... can take a while as I'm dependent on our artists for each of the main steps.

Garment #1 is looking quite good already!

I was able to find some nice client resources in TQs newer versions so we are going to be creating some custom versions of our weapons with these looks to help our players get into the spirit of the season. Definitely going to do more though!

Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/02/2016, 14:40   #27

elite*gold: 67
^ Sailor Moon mode activated!
Old 01/02/2016, 19:52   #28

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xio. View Post
^ Sailor Moon mode activated!
An adult man really shouldn't make those types of comments.
Old 01/02/2016, 21:29   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Brb hiding my sailor moon costume!

Still need some more ideas for male garments
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/03/2016, 17:27   #30

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Like George Carlin once said: Some men are old men in their 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Brb hiding my sailor moon costume!

Still need some more ideas for male garments
Are those TQ's or did you create them? I'm not up to date on vanilla conquer