Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reply on .Mio for closing the thread.

Discussion on Reply on .Mio for closing the thread. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/24/2009, 18:19   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne. View Post
If she doesn't know how to Moderate she shouldn't be a Moderator in the first place.

She do know how to moderate, she just don't fit in this section as she in some cases see questions regarding the game or programming as spam - and close them.
Old 11/24/2009, 19:16   #17

In my opinion, all it takes is 1 very active mod per section, checking a few posts, closing and cleaning up threads is not that much of a hard work that requires more than 1 mod to do.
Old 11/24/2009, 19:36   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ׍ĥę×Ôŋë× View Post
Well it is kinda of anoyying she sometimes closes threads for no reason o.o
yeah i agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Well it used to have 5, .Mio doesnt really know very much about the game it seems and often makes mistakes, Tane isnt the most active Mod in the world, Kin doesnt appear to do anything, however they might just be acting with making it known to other people.

The conquer section hasnt become less active recently. So we should get the number of Moderators back upto 5 shouldnt we?
took the words out of my mouth.

*oh yeah, and for anyone important who has a say: please consider making a SUBSECTION for pserver advertising, it gets really annoying having 10 server advertisements per page.
Old 11/24/2009, 20:32   #19

My opinion would be to have a moderator thats active and actually knows what there doing. I wouldn't know much about .Mio since i have only just come back to epvp but by the looks of it she isn't clued up on Conquer in general.

It would be good to have the moderator applications reviewed aswell. I applied a few month back and i ain't had a pm telling me there answer. I would rather have been told no than nothing lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2009, 20:43   #20

elite*gold: 20
Agreed.

Mio should be removed and Korvacs added && Emme remodded too.

EDIT: I guess Mio became a Mod coz she´s German.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/24/2009, 21:08   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Agreed.

Totally agree %100.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:09   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Agreed.

You code too much!:P
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2009, 21:30   #23

Received Thanks: 2,882
Although .Mio. know programming it is not a requirement to be a moderator. Helping people with such things is the job of the community, not the moderators. There job is simply to retain order and peace on the forums.

While I may not "like" (but nor do I particularly dislike) the way she moderates, she gets the job done fairly well. She seems like she's the typical player of conquer; and I wouldn't go as so far as to say "she doesn't know anything about the game" -- this is just a blatant assumption you're all making.

Korvacs should get moderator, Sparkie (unknownone) should get moderator, .Mio. should stay, Kinshi should be removed (due to inactivity -- Aion; or moved to the Aion section).

PS: This thread is in the wrong section, this section isn't to file complaints.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2009, 21:31   #24

honestly, .Mio doesn't seem to understand much about the game in general. she's more opposed to closing threads on flame/spam (or what she believes IS flame/spam). she gave me a warning not two days ago, for responding on a question, that i had no idea on what/where a certain item sob type was. i don't have any sympathy for her, (other than being active), and think she should be demodded. +korv or smythe, or someone of better intelligence all around. remodd emme too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2009, 21:33   #25

Received Thanks: 2,518
To be honest Inf, she thought that memory addresses for a client were something to do with server source, something like that sort of shows a lack of knowledge imo.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:36   #26

Proof that .Mio is a horrible Moderator. Read through all of it.(she got owned)

Old 11/24/2009, 21:38   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne. View Post
Proof that .Mio is a horrible Moderator. Read through all of it.(she got owned)

onlyme64, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:38   #28

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot0type View Post
honestly, .Mio doesn't seem to understand much about the game in general. she's more opposed to closing threads on flame/spam (or what she believes IS flame/spam). she gave me a warning not two days ago, for responding on a question, that i had no idea on what/where a certain item sob type was. i don't have any sympathy for her, (other than being active), and think she should be demodded. +korv or smythe, or someone of better intelligence all around. remodd emme too.
Choosing to close a thread it done using guidelines in a non-objective matter. There is no definitive way in some circumstances to tell if the thread should be closed or not. Here's a scenario;

I called someone "mentally retarded and incapable" (which they are, if you want the thread I'll link you to it, but anyways)
Quote:
You have received an infraction at elitepvpers
You have called him mentally retarted and that is Inappropriate Language if you disagree you can write a complaint in the complaint section :
I then replied,

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone
Would calling some an utter and blatant ignoramus be in breach of this Inappropriateness Language act?
Which I eventually received the reply,
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mio
nvm I've understood it now.
And yes it would be.
But I guess that for it would have been just a warning.
So now I've proposed an appeal of how I should point out someone has a low-level of intelligence in a fairly civilized matter; but still remaining effective. In my opinion, my second reply meets those requirements; but in E*PVP's it doesn't. Therefore, I am now inquiring as to what they would prefer I say, because I refuse to be censored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
To be honest Inf, she thought that memory addresses for a client were something to do with server source, something like that sort of shows a lack of knowledge imo.
A moderator doesn't need to know what a memory address or programming related things are. All they would need to do is stay-clear of the programming section and let another moderator take care of it.
Old 11/24/2009, 21:39   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme64 View Post
onlyme64, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Don't know. Just try this link then, I made the only thread.

Old 11/24/2009, 21:43   #30

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
A moderator doesn't need to know what a memory address or programming related things are. All they would need to do is stay-clear of the programming section and let another moderator take care of it.
Do they need to know the rules one server-advertising then? Or do they need to know that we have a graphic editing section, or that threads about hacks belong in the hacking section.

In my oppinion, a moderator who wants to moderate the entire conquer section needs to have experience with the entire conquer section. Otherwise they shouldnt be applying for the entire conquer section, right?
Closed Thread