Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VPS Question..

Discussion on VPS Question.. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VPS Question..

So im starting to open a conquer online server soon.. and im alittle bit confused with this vps thingy i just wanna make sure if what would be the best option for me?

Which one should i choose?

> with a 4 HT cores..
Code:
Four full, dedicated HT CPU cores (Nehalem or better)
4096 MB of RAM
400 GB of RAID-protected storage
8000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth transfer
or

WVPS 4 plan..
Code:
Disk Storage 150 
Physical Memory 8
Bandwidth (Monthly Data Transfer) 2000 GB
4 core processor..
Old 07/01/2014, 05:27   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
None. Host it at your house for free. The likelihood that you'll get more than a few players is close to none (assuming you're using a public source or a source that other people are using). Don't waste your money on a VPS.
Old 07/01/2014, 05:28   #3

elite*gold: 20
I've used them both. NFO is superior in every way.

- 2 day free trial
- Instant setup
- Free OS re-installs
- Hardware firewall ( even for there VPS line up )
- Very quick ticket responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
None. Host it at your house for free. The likelihood that you'll get more than a few players is close to none (assuming you're using a public source or a source that other people are using). Don't waste your money on a VPS.
With the way people DDos each other anymore that's bad advice. Unless he's just hosting for a few friends, then by all means.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2014, 05:37   #4

Kinda OP server... but then again... probably Messi source or some bullshit. I'd go with a dualcore 2GB one cause a conquer server should never be that demanding imo... heck even C7 with all the custom **** going on runs fine on a laptop with a dualcore from the year... stone.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2014, 05:40   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
Kinda OP server... but then again... probably Messi source or some bullshit. I'd go with a dualcore 2GB one cause a conquer server should never be that demanding imo... heck even C7 with all the custom **** going on runs fine on a laptop with a dualcore from the year... stone.
Exactly. The two or three core packages should be fine and save you money. Besides with NFO you can always instantly upgrade as well. Lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2014, 11:54   #6

elite*gold: 130
I would personally go with .
Here are the prices for a VPS with Linux and/or ones with a custom ISO:

Prices per month:

Prices per hour:

To get a vps, it literally takes minutes and you can get rid of the vps any time you want. Let's say you want a vps just for a few days, you can simply for the amount of hours you have the VPS active.

If you are going to use this company, please be so kind to use my referrer link.
(I will private message you the link if you decide to use it.)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2014, 13:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
I would personally go with .
Here are the prices for a VPS with Linux and/or ones with a custom ISO:

Prices per month:

Prices per hour:

To get a vps, it literally takes minutes and you can get rid of the vps any time you want. Let's say you want a vps just for a few days, you can simply for the amount of hours you have the VPS active.

If you are going to use this company, please be so kind to use my referrer link.
(I will private message you the link if you decide to use it.)
for what it's worth, the windows vps aren't starting from 5, it's a little more expensive, but i love the concept, wish they could accept Neteller or payza >.<
Old 07/01/2014, 15:37   #8

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKillasdwqe View Post
for what it's worth, the windows vps aren't starting from 5, it's a little more expensive, but i love the concept, wish they could accept Neteller or payza >.<
They might not be starting at 5 but you could upload a custom ISO which contains an installation of windows, so you do start with 5

And if your net isn't fast enough with uploading, you can basically get a VPS for 2 hours to download a windows iso and use the vps to upload

BTW you need VirtIO drivers in order to install Windows. For a complete guide :
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2014, 16:24   #9

Thank you guys for the informations and for criticizing my work with out even knowing what i can do.. its not even on the latest patch..

Ive been working on this public source for almost 2 years already and most of the stuff is recoded..
Old 07/02/2014, 00:42   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathom View Post
Thank you guys for the informations and for criticizing my work with out even knowing what i can do.. its not even on the latest patch..

Ive been working on this public source for almost 2 years already and most of the stuff is recoded..
You got the wrong idea. I was simply pointing out that you are probably going to waste a lot of money. Sure I dont know what source you use, nor do I have any clue about your skill but you got the RTFM emoticon in your sig which is like the egyptian trademark or something - not being racist here just hurts the credibility and looks really stupid. Sorry but your skill is questionable if you cant even open up the taskmanager and check the ram usage or your server and the other required services as for example mysql.. seriously thats simple addition.
Old 07/02/2014, 06:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
You got the wrong idea. I was simply pointing out that you are probably going to waste a lot of money. Sure I dont know what source you use, nor do I have any clue about your skill but you got the RTFM emoticon in your sig which is like the egyptian trademark or something - not being racist here just hurts the credibility and looks really stupid. Sorry but your skill is questionable if you cant even open up the taskmanager and check the ram usage or your server and the other required services as for example mysql.. seriously thats simple addition.
You know i was only asking for an opinion and i thought its gonna be the best place to ask, that nobody criticize you... and yup your bein racist.. what is this emoticon has to do with my race? Trademark my ***.. only ignorant people talk like that..

#request close..
Too many cool kids ,acting like they are better than everybody..
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/02/2014, 07:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathom View Post
You know i was only asking for an opinion and i thought its gonna be the best place to ask, that nobody criticize you... and yup your bein racist.. what is this emoticon has to do with my race? Trademark my ***.. only ignorant people talk like that..

#request close..
Too many cool kids ,acting like they are better than everybody..
you just answered on the same level...
btw, theyre right, i am noob, dont know much about async or the server programming, but i am learning packet by packet, and every new thing i learn, if i find out that ive made something wrong, i just replace the code by a better or faster one, always watching for the reply time, ram usage and etc...
I assume i am not the best person to give tips, but... even me as a noob could figure out whats the best VPS for my server...
Theyre not right too... But i should agree xD you look egy with that signature
Want to see your server up, so we can test and you can prove that theyre wrong...

What version is it btw?