Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[BETA] Private Server

Discussion on [BETA] Private Server within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[BETA] Private Server

Hello,

I know there is already a thread regarding this but I already posted there and I can't possibly wait for days until someone shows up (my time is limited because the host is paid for just one month, that's all I could have done for now). I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rule but I think I can avoid being warned for posting in the "wrong" section by creating a thread about the private server I run and giving people info about it.

I am trying to emulate an older version of Conquer Online, long before anything that unbalanced the game-play has been added. Currently, all the basic features are done, mobs are implemented, all the major NPCs have been added but before the server goes in the alpha stage, I decided I must run a beta one, for a couple of days (maybe a week or so) and then fix what ever shows up to be incorrectly done.

Currently, there are some major (I think I can call them major) features that have been stripped away such as, Nobility Ranking, Mentor & Apprentice, Trade Partner, Item Lock and even the Shopping Mall. The server still uses CPs as one of its currencies along with another two which I have not decided how to use yet (Gold and one custom point system).

After the character creation, your hero is automatically leveled to 130 and is given free 350, un-allotted Attribute Points. Basic class-based skills and spells are also learned as soon as you leave the Birth Village (additional skills and spells can be learned by purchasing spellbooks from Pedlar in Twin City). The skills and spells DO NOT require to be mastered (leveled up) because they are already mastered (Fixed) once you learn them.

There is no Training Ground (I found out that the TG may cause LAG) and decided to create a custom weapon prof learn system which is automatically mastering every single weapon prof (Level 20).

Also, there is no Reborn system, you choose for e.g Trojan, you play with Trojan, you cannot create combos that may unbalance the game-play. Again, the Taoist class has been merged into one single class obviously called Taoist (previous you had the option to choose for Water-type or Fire-type).

There's much to tell, this was a relatively short description and last but not least, I'm searching for beta-testers. We can get in touch by Skype, Facebook or any other IM or social network you are using. After the server goes alpha, everyone that helped trough this beta stage, will be offered a gift as my gratitude towards them. Please, if you're tired about seeing private servers that are ran only by greedy owners, also, some of them incompetent (to be honest) and under-aged spoiled kids, contact me via PM or reply here. However, I'll send my Skype ID and everything else via PM. I appreciate very much if you read and reached this point of this thread, thank you!
Old 05/28/2013, 20:19   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
This is definitely wrong section. Reported so a mod can move it.

If you're looking for testers you should use the volunteers/looking for volunteer sticky post
If you're looking to advertise (beta or not) you should use the advertisement section.
Old 06/08/2013, 14:56   #3

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036

#closed
Closed Thread