Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]

Discussion on [Help] within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [Help]

Everyone has these really colorful consoles, and I think I know how to do it, never tried as yet

Maybe with a Foreground code.

Just wanted to read up on it first, can someone post a guide please?
Old 04/13/2009, 20:04   #2

nope. Its all in the editor within the form creator. Make sure you click View>tools or maybe toolbox, i forget. Then have the images you want to load created and saved as .jpg, or .bmp or .gif (the only ones i tried so far.). Gif should carry in any transparency you need, but im not sure, and you can always use the transparency key of any given object in the form editor... like a chroma key. Like you could set a color you do not use to be transparent any time the builder sees it. and when compiled it will follow that rule ( didnt test that, i just designed without object overlapping for now). you can create a picture box and import your pics into that. You can create a button and texture it with an image as well, if you dont like the button designs they have available. backup your .cs file and then just experiment, if by some chance you get too crazy, you can restore the .cs files, or just delete the form pieces, tho i cant say that it would be a good thing to do. I've worked with a few editors that when you add something, even if you delete it, it still fills the slot it had, it is just marked as not used anymore, so you could bloat things possibly. Not sure if Microsoft's Visual C# is similar but, anyway. hope that helps. if you gotz more questions shoot. pce.
Old 04/13/2009, 20:33   #3

Is there a guide lol?
Old 04/13/2009, 20:56   #4

Could you please be more specific about "console"?
Old 04/13/2009, 20:59   #5

Lmao something Easy as hell grrr you dont even need a guide
Old 04/13/2009, 21:04   #6

not that i know of. But i looked at the few that had been posted, and a few from the sources i had which used em. Once i saw someone used the Text Art at the top of their form i knew, something could be done with it. So i screwed with the text, which works well. But if you want really cool graphics you'll need to get the image from the net, or create it. Create it, or save the image where you can find it easily and add it thru the picture box function. Or add a button and choose to texture the button with an image, browse and select the image you want. If i wasn't so swamped atm i could thro something together. Maybe in the next few days.
Old 04/13/2009, 21:06   #7

If you mean the C# colored console, you need a console application project then:

Add this somewhere
Code:
            //...
            Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Yellow;
            Console.WriteLine("Hello world!");

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Gray; // Default color
            //...
Console.ForegroundColor is the actual text color of the console.
---
You can also use an API:

However, I doubt that is what you were talking about...
Old 04/13/2009, 21:56   #8

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Please, use the search button in the future.

Press thanks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/13/2009, 22:02   #9

Zatoichi -.-

See I was correct all along.

Thanks for trying anyway.