Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hosting Database Error's

Discussion on Hosting Database Error's within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hosting Database Error's

Hey guys,

I got the following errors when trying to put this in a empty database of my website. The database is from the 5528 co version.

SQL-query:

DELIMITER ; ;

CREATEDEFINER=`root`@`localhost`PROCEDURE`DeleteUs erFriend` (IN ownerId INT unsigned,IN friendId INT unsigned ) BEGIN DELETEFROM friend WHERE userid = ownerId AND friend = friendId;

END ; ;

MySQL retourneerde:
#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

A while ago there wasn't any issue with the database when I tried to put this queries into the database of my website's host.

Can someone help me?
Old 09/27/2012, 00:38   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
This is an issue with the credentials you are using to log into your database to execute the query, just log in with the right credentials (user) and execute the query, you will see that it won't give you this error anymore
Old 09/27/2012, 09:48   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
This is an issue with the credentials you are using to log into your database to execute the query, just log in with the right credentials (user) and execute the query, you will see that it won't give you this error anymore
I first tried to login with the sub account sitename_admin but that gave the same error. Then I tried with the main credentials which where the same as I login into cpanel for mysql, that gave the exact same errors.

There are only 2 users, the one of the main which I login with into cpanel and the other is the sub account. Both didn't worked.

#edit 1:

This is what I get:

#edit 2:

Hmm, I tried giving the user all the privileges, but the syntax is wrong. I looked what the sql version was and then searched for all the syntaxes for the grant option. I tried that but that didn't worked because it had the same syntax.

I used the CMD of Navicat for Mysql.
Old 09/27/2012, 15:48   #4

Did you configured your source via ConfigurationCreator.exe ??
Old 09/27/2012, 16:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial Eugen View Post
Did you configured your source via ConfigurationCreator.exe ??
I did that and then configured the database host/Data source by myself.

I also looked the .sql file up for this: CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `GetUserPackage`(IN playerId INT unsigned)
Then I changed the definer to what my sites host credentials were.
Old 09/28/2012, 01:20   #6

It is very simple to run Albetros idk why are you struggling !
Old 09/28/2012, 09:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial Eugen View Post
It is very simple to run Albetros idk why are you struggling !
I can run albetros throught the database of my computer, but I want it to run on the website's database so people can register and stuff like that. That's why I bought a website.

Before the vacation period started it worked fine on the database of my website. But since a month or so I can't run the sql file on the database of my website.

That's why I am struggling.
Old 09/29/2012, 15:47   #8

I fixed the problem by buying a VPS server.

Thanks for all the help and time.
Old 09/29/2012, 18:56   #9

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
The issue wasn't solved by buying a vps. The issue was resolved by re-installing/configuring mysql.

root user has full permission and assuming the mysql instal is setup properly (innodb enabled and correct version) then the backup will execute properly and the procedures will be able to run.

You were running either the backup or the procedure itself from a less privileged account than a root account would offer (why not just use root for the source itself? if someone can get in to modify your source or the source itself has sql injection issues then a limited account isn't going to accomplish much)
Old 09/29/2012, 20:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
The issue wasn't solved by buying a vps. The issue was resolved by re-installing/configuring mysql.

root user has full permission and assuming the mysql instal is setup properly (innodb enabled and correct version) then the backup will execute properly and the procedures will be able to run.

You were running either the backup or the procedure itself from a less privileged account than a root account would offer (why not just use root for the source itself? if someone can get in to modify your source or the source itself has sql injection issues then a limited account isn't going to accomplish much)
When I asked my host about the privileges they told me that they never supported SUPER privileges. Not even on the main user itself. I never had that privilege.

By buying a VPS server I then could install the database. I had tried everything on my cpanel but nothing worked. I had to buy a VPS for all the privileges or they just kinda scammed me. But never the less it finally works now except for that I now can't quite get the source working with the VPS database. I use the right credentials in the configs and some things the source can connect with but with GetGWWinner and further he can't get from the database.

Old 09/29/2012, 21:34   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Wait... what on earth were you using before?

Homehost = you run the database and can therefor you can do anything you **** well please
VPS = you have root access and can do whatever you **** well please (except it's hosted elsewhere as a virtualized machine)
Dedicated server = you have root access and can do whatever you **** well please (except it's hosted elsewhere as a non-shared, physical machine)

Were you trying to run a private server on a web host or something?... cause that's not gonna work lol!
Old 09/29/2012, 22:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Wait... what on earth were you using before?

Homehost = you run the database and can therefor you can do anything you **** well please
VPS = you have root access and can do whatever you **** well please (except it's hosted elsewhere as a virtualized machine)
Dedicated server = you have root access and can do whatever you **** well please (except it's hosted elsewhere as a non-shared, physical machine)

Were you trying to run a private server on a web host or something?... cause that's not gonna work lol!
I run the server on my own PC but I am planning to make a server myself so it can run 24/7 without my own pc is 24/7 running. The database will be on the webhost itself.

I used the webhost for the database and website. It worked perfectly before the summer period started. Sinds a week or 2 I tried it again, but I couldn't get the database working because of the SUPER privilege. After 5 days of trying I asked the hosting service for a solution. They said I should by a VPS so I could do anything I wanted.