Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[question] Map Class

Discussion on [question] Map Class within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[question] Map Class

Introduction :
i know there is many people are tired of me and my smart questions ... anyway ... what i coded in souce is
sockets , Character,authupacket , game cryptography(copy&paste) , account database table , character info [1006] , Packet[10010] case 74(only) ,chat [1004] ,packet[1052]
i set the Character.mapID as 1002 there is no map class yet .
when i tested it login at TC , but nothing else yet . when i tried with two characters they dont see each other .. i copy the spwnpacket to test with it But deleted it again when it fails . and i know i will need it later for sure .
i may copy & adjust it again to test what you going to suggest ( if needed)
the questions .. :
Do i need Map Class ? and if yes ....
what do i need to think of while coding the MapClass and how to connect it to that world
i just want a very simple class ... ( there is nothing except character coded yet )
Old 07/10/2012, 09:55   #2

elite*gold: 28
I would strongly advice you against creating a source if you cannot figure out this basic question, You need a system to send the characters spawn packet to each other.

In most sources, Screen.cs.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2012, 10:22   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
You can easily figure that out just by searching for references in the source and reading the code. I'd have to say, your question better than most of the questions here... but it's still a pretty **** stupid question (no offense). If you understand the concept behind a process but don't know how to implement it successfully, that would make a smart question. If you can't understand the concepts behind simple processes but think you can write a source with not even a clue about how anything works, go ahead- knock yourself out. That sounds really stupid of you ask me, though. Not that it's anything new for this community.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2012, 11:31   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
You can easily figure that out just by searching for references in the source and reading the code. I'd have to say, your question better than most of the questions here... but it's still a pretty damn stupid question (no offense). If you understand the concept behind a process but don't know how to implement it successfully, that would make a smart question. If you can't understand the concepts behind simple processes but think you can write a source with not even a clue about how anything works, go ahead- knock yourself out. That sounds really stupid of you ask me, though. Not that it's anything new for this community.
well , there is no body ever explaind hows anything works . so i have no other option except , Knock my self out ... and all the threads was made to explain how to make a server was in fact explaining how to make a socket !! nothing after .

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
I would strongly advice you against creating a source if you cannot figure out this basic question, You need a system to send the characters spawn packet to each other.

In most sources, Screen.cs.
i did delete the screen.cs in another source b4 and send the spawnpacket via command and it worked .. the character i send the spawn packet to , will see the character i send the spawnpacket from ... ... it was not follow my moves ... and just update the (x,y) when i send it again via command but ....... it workd !!!

you did not explain anything , or hits or advices or whatever , ... and yet i know my question is "pretty stupid" and yes i do not understand the concept behind the process and therfor i dont know how to implement it successfully . and the only advice i got out of here is > if you dont understand it then DONT try to understand it !!! and still most of my "stupid" questions was never about code it was all about how to UNDERSTAND the conecpt behind the process ...
i got ( 8) lines of almost insult and advice to leave it all and not to try ... while if you put the same (8)lines of some Explaining would be much very apreciated . and yet i pressed Thanks for both of you .
but .... i have no other way to learn .... Try and Error . and believe me ... .. i will get it .... you will just make it shorter in time for me .
Old 07/10/2012, 18:49   #5

elite*gold: 28
We're not saying if you don't understand it then don't try to.
We're saying don't attempt a source from scratch if you don't understand how to accomplish the task.