Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to make my own map?

Discussion on How to make my own map? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to make my own map?

Hello,

Is there any chance to make my own map for co? , I don't need to make something special just a simple map without anything , only with few things like squares on it!
Old 09/04/2011, 23:13   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Not without a lot of work.

A few people have worked on such a thing before (including myself) and there is definitely map editors in existence (yakuza co has a very, very privately kept one as well as many other tools no one else has).

In reality though you'd have to write it all yourself if you wanted it to work properly.

if you just want a simple map though it would be very easy to do manually(ish). Make a little dmap creator to set the access information for tiles and then just make some dds squares for tiles, link them together for your puz file and add it to gamemap.dat.

Would take some work but a SIMPLE map would be easy. Map editors become tricky when you start looking at making full complex maps with map objects and such.

For example, my map reader works just fine but doesn't even begin to touch map objects (trees, bridges, portals, etc). In my latest version I've started to account for dmap data which would in theory work as a map editor/creator with a bit of work but it's not a simple task.
Old 09/05/2011, 00:03   #3

Thanks for answering but I'll really appreciate if you can explain better please I don't want to make something hard ..just a simple map with a square on it...
Old 09/05/2011, 00:44   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeBK View Post
Thanks for answering but I'll really appreciate if you can explain better please I don't want to make something hard ..just a simple map with a square on it...
Old 09/05/2011, 00:55   #5

Yea I know....never mind thanks pro4never....still confused but nvm
Old 09/05/2011, 05:37   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
It doesn't matter what kind of map you want to make...

It's like saying "I don't want a nice car, I just want to build a car!". Yes.. fancy cars might have more 'complexities' to them but they still have a TON of stuff that needs to work correctly in them.

Creating a simple square map is simpler then making a super fancy map but by no means is it easy.
Old 09/05/2011, 09:06   #7

Yea , but It would really help if I know what tools do I need to start
Old 09/05/2011, 09:35   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Go to my wiki and download my gamemap.dat reader. Use the identities to teleport to maps that you've loaded and find one that matches what you need. Don't try creating a map. That's insane.
Old 09/05/2011, 19:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Go to my wiki and download my gamemap.dat reader. Use the identities to teleport to maps that you've loaded and find one that matches what you need. Don't try creating a map. That's insane.
I don't want to be a pain in *** but could you help me via ym?or pm?

ok so I need :
1.To find a similar map to what I need
2.Edit all dds files