Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Dev]PVPServer - No name yet

Discussion on [Dev]PVPServer - No name yet within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Dev]ProjectX Reopen

Alright, I have got some request the last days, if I could make a PVP Server again, so that's what I'm going to use some time on. I have a lot good things in mind and as well I have got a lot good suggestions from other peoples. If there is anything you would like to be in it, then feel free to suggest it. There is no name yet, so name suggestions are open as well, some have suggested me to use my old servers name again ProjectX, but for me the name is not the most important, but the content of the server. To give you a bit information about what it's going to be, even things can change, then I would like to let you know.

--
Okay so I have chosen to use ProjectX, because that's what peoples wanted.

At the moment no tournaments are done, but there is a list of tournaments that could be or will be implemented to the server.

Tournament System
There will be 3 different types of tournaments. Single tournaments, where it's All vs All, 2 Teams tournament, where it's Team 1 vs Team 2 and at last 4 Teams tournament, where it's Team 1,2,3,4 vs each other. Now that's not very unique, but the way the tournaments will work on will be like in different categories at the time of an hour. Not exactly decided what time the categories should be set at, but could be something like following:
Code:
00 - 10 (4 Teams Tournaments)
20 - 30 (Single PK Tournaments & Misc Tournaments)
40 - 50 (2 Teams Tournaments)
Now how will that work all together? One category, might contain different tournaments, which will rotate around every hour. That means you cannot always know what tournament will come, but only what category it will be from. The point is also to make it possible having a lot different and unique tournaments.

Current list of tournament suggestions by others and what's been on mind.
Code:
Team Deathmatch - 4 Teams - Most kills win.

Freeze Team Deathmatch - 2 Teams - Freeze the other team to win, unfreeze own.

Spawn War Team Deathmatch - 4 Teams - Take the other teams spawn to win.

Capture The Flag - 2 Teams - Get the other teams flag to win.

Domination - 2 Teams - Has to take over 3 certain spot in the map to win and have it for the longest time.

Steedrace - Single - Get to the end first

Soccer Tournament - 2 Teams - Use FB/SS to give/take ball. Team with 10 points first win.

Super Hero - Single - You get a random super power, which will give you some special abilities, such as more health, faster speed etc.

Pole War - 4 Teams - Basically like Guild Wars, but with teams vs teams instead.

Deathmatch - Single - Most kills win.

Monthly PK - Single - Most kills win.

Weekly PK - Single - Most kills win.
Team sorting:
The teams will be sorted fair and not random. I were used to sort teams random, but DreadNought (Aka. John) told me it was better to do it like checking a team had lower players than another team etc. like an algorithm to check teams, pretty simple, but it will make sure the teams will get as fair as possible. It's really annoying if you get in a team alone and maybe 10 in the other team, so I'm trying to avoid that. It's done by something like this: (Example for 2 Teams tournament.)
Code:
            if (TeamType == Tournament_Team_Type.TwoTeams)
                return (Teams[0].Clients.Length == Teams[1].Clients.Length) ? 0 : 1;
Rewards:
There is 3 different kind of rewards that tournaments can give. CPs, Money (Silvers) or and Item. I will not be using the money feature thought, I just implemented it. You use CPs to upgrade your stuff with and it's only gained by tournaments, no donations at all. From vote you will get bound CPs (Not sure, if I should make it actual CPs.), which you can buy stuff for, but it's irrelevant right now. You can either gain CPs or an Item from a tournament, the amount of CPs will be all after your team score, your own kills and what tournament it is. if you have made no kills and it's a team tournament, then you will get nothing at all. If you have more deaths than kills, then you will get lower amount etc. I have not made the system yet as I have only made the tournament base and not that far yet.

Arena will also be added, but with fb/ss and 5 points to win a turn.

It will be target at a monk patch, not chosed what patch or whatever yet to be, but that means you can use Monk gears and Ninja gears, except for weapon.

It will also be old jump.

If you got any suggestions regarding tournaments, please feel free to let me know.

Update 2 | 29-07-2011
Gears & Upgrading
Bonus +
You will get CPs from tournaments and other events, like stated before, as for upgrading + you will use CPs and not stones. You can make free +9 gear from command, but to upgrade from +10 - +12 you will need to pay CPs, the prices are not decided yet, but it will not be something you will get fast and it will require some time playing. The items made from command is free items thought, which means you cannot trade them!

Refenary
I'm not sure if I should implement it or not, but if I do, then it will work like you will buy refenary from vote points (Bound CPs), which you gain from voting for the server. It will be free, so you can only upgrade free items with them, in order to get non-free refenary items, then you will need to win tournaments and events and then buy it for real CPs.

Soul Gears
I will not be using Soul gears probably, it depends on how players say after the server has been on for a while, but if I was about to implement them, then it would be very rare to upgrade your items to it and it should be expensive. It should be something for those who win a lot tournaments etc.

Item ID Switch
I will make a NPC who can change an equipments item ID to another, this would be in case if you wanted to switch a blade to a sword or something. Maybe I will do a command for it and then it just charges the price, but either way won't make a different.

I will update this thread with more information etc. once I get suggestions and so, but this is what I got so far.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2011, 02:53   #2

if it's eu host= **** if it's us host=good
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/28/2011, 02:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnS33nPro View Post
Right!
Old 07/28/2011, 02:55   #4

Quote:
Pranay I got a fetish for you.
Old 07/28/2011, 19:37   #5

elite*gold: 28
Spelled my name wrong, noob.

<3
Old 07/28/2011, 19:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Spelled my name wrong, noob.

<3
Read again
Old 07/28/2011, 19:40   #7

elite*gold: 28
'naw, so kind.

If there's anything I can help you out on you've got my source and my msn
Old 07/28/2011, 19:42   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
'naw, so kind.

If there's anything I can help you out on you've got my source and my msn
Yes<3
Old 07/28/2011, 20:49   #9

Quote:
Soccer Tournament - 2 Teams - Use FB/SS to give/take ball. Team with 10 points first win.
That would be more like Last Man Standing, don't you think? Maybe Capture The Flag(ball).
Old 07/28/2011, 21:16   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTek View Post
That would be more like Last Man Standing, don't you think? Maybe Capture The Flag(ball).
Why when it works like you have a goal and shoots the ball around, it will be a flash effect on the player having it. If you got the ProjectX source, then I made a small event with soccer, it will be something like that.
Old 07/28/2011, 21:19   #11

Quote:
Other way around for me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2011, 21:37   #12

Reducing the revive time would be nice. Also a US host, cough cough cough. & Custom maps, tc, jail eh.
Old 07/28/2011, 21:52   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiest View Post
Reducing the revive time would be nice. Also a US host, cough cough cough. & Custom maps, tc, jail eh.
Reduce it why? Because you're a lazyass? :3 I don't know editing, but I will not be using typical maps, but mostly non-used maps etc.
Old 07/28/2011, 22:02   #14

Quote:
i agree
Old 07/28/2011, 22:06   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
Reduce it why? Because you're a lazyass? :3 I don't know editing, but I will not be using typical maps, but mostly non-used maps etc.
or the maps in the Chinese Co client ._.
Thanks
1 User