Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Conquer Heroes] 5517 Based Leveling Server

Discussion on [Conquer Heroes] 5517 Based Leveling Server within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[Conquer Heroes] 5517 Based Leveling Server

Conquer Heroes is officially launched!

Conquer heroes has been in development for the past year and a half and is finally ready for players to log in and start causing plenty of havoc! We're incredibly excited to see the community's response to the project and to start delivering some really exciting custom content.

Conquer heroes is a partnership between myself and Roy (infamousnoone) with a huge shoutout to Angelus who worked on the project for an extended period of time.

What is Conquer Heroes/Why should I play?

There are currently a large number of both classic and modern servers but not a whole lot in between. Heroes is targeting patch 5517 which means it brings a ton of modern gameplay changes while still appealing to those who might not enjoy things like chi or jiang or assassins/epic classes.

Heroes also gives us freedom as developers to introduce significant balance changes, custom expansion packs and completely new features that were never in the official game. We're not binding ourselves to a specific key phrase of "classic" or "modern" but rather picking a patch we find offers a ton of flexibility and then working from there.
  • Ninjas and Monks added/re-balanced
  • Fan/Tower/Riding Crop added
  • Poker Added for testing
  • Clans, Guild Recruitment, Arsenal, Subclasses and much more added
  • Reworked economy and lottery systems
  • Mentor and referral system added
  • Qualifier/Team qualifier added

What are the rates?

ConquerHeroes is a mid rate server - players will need to work for their levels and items but we dont want it to feel punishing. There should always be a quest or event or tournament for you to work on advancing your character.

Exp/Prof/Skill Rates: 3x
CP Drops: 4-12 CP packs drop around 1-500 monsters

Players can earn CPs by selling items to other players or trading DragonBalls to the CP admin in market. We do NOT sell CP on our website nor do we sell any player equipment.

Players can earn lottery tickets by completing daily quests, killing dura monsters, kings and bosses. These lottery tickets can be used for free lotto plays or traded between players (unless the tickets are bound from daily quests). The lottery rewards a mix of cosmetic items, convenience items and boosts for your items. It does NOT reward sockets or high +s as that would unbalance the game economy.

As a special bonus. Players can take all the +1/2/3 items found from hunting and mass grind them up into + stones!

Souls/Artifacts may not be made permanent on our game. Instead we allow you to decompose souls that you don't want to use into points. These points can be used to extend the duration of your other souls by 7 days. The cost to extend increases based on the amount of times you've already done it. This is to ensure that people cant simply use the same souls for months and months. There should always be a healthy market value for souls regardless of their strength.

Play now:
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/08/2016, 19:14   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Nice to see this finally out, and as a leveling server as well! That's so exciting! I played for a few hours and really enjoyed myself; now I just need to find more time to play. Congratulations to the three of you for making such a nice server. It'll be cool seeing what plans you have for the server once it picks up.
Old 10/10/2016, 01:12   #3

elite*gold: 28
The sad moment you see a server you want to test out but realise you have a mac with the lack of energy to run a vm

(just noticed I have a aqua star now, ayy)
Old 10/10/2016, 02:20   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
The sad moment you see a server you want to test out but realise you have a mac with the lack of energy to run a vm

(just noticed I have a aqua star now, ayy)
sorry to hear that. Unfortunately due to the extra client hooks and injection we do, creating a separate mac version would be... rather difficult.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2016, 18:03   #5

elite*gold: 0
This server is def worth checking out; while it may not be my style AND it's a EU server - I found myself "testing" well beyond actually testing. It's enjoyable. Easily made me forget all the old "i hate this and that" jaded requirements and just leveled up and did some events. Look forward to seeing this as a new standard for private sources along this patch for years to come.
Old 10/10/2016, 23:19   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteMagus View Post
This server is def worth checking out; while it may not be my style AND it's a EU server - I found myself "testing" well beyond actually testing. It's enjoyable. Easily made me forget all the old "i hate this and that" jaded requirements and just leveled up and did some events. Look forward to seeing this as a new standard for private sources along this patch for years to come.
Glad to hear the positive feed back and you can be sure it will improve over time
Old 10/11/2016, 00:09   #7

elite*gold: 200
Best of luck to this project.
I'm pretty confident it will exceed any expectations that one might have !
Old 10/11/2016, 16:13   #8

Great.. need to try this one..
Old 10/14/2016, 18:49   #9

Thanks for the kind words everyone! We're really excited to start releasing a lot more exciting custom content in the coming weeks. Mainly our tournaments which will include exclusive in-game cosmetic rewards and prizes with real world value! Those are targeted for next week for testing.

Today's update also includes a rather cool new system for VIPs. A lot of people found that while the text notifications on rare drops was useful, it could still be hard to locate the item you wanted to pick up. Today's patch adds an effect to these items so that they are easier to spot on the ground.

We may change the effect in the future but this seemed the best 'non intrusive' way to show off rare items on the ground to players.

For those who like sneak peeks, here's a preview of the new tournament interface we're designing.

Note: this is all placeholder we're just working on layout, theme and functionality. One is the PS concept and one is the demo CSS template for the top 8.
Old 11/02/2016, 16:10   #10

OK! the elite PK interface is finally ready for testing (was busy with other stuff but back on track now).

These images are from the live server in our test earlier this morning. NOTE the previous winners will be jumbled because it groups win records based on day of week. Obviously we're doing multiple tests per day so there are multiple records per day. That's a 'non issue' in the actual system. We've also disabled the top8 view for now because we wanted to test the auto updating of the table view. It's fully working as shown in the previous images and tested already.

Based on player feedback we're pretty happy with the initial 'layout' but will be cleaning up the art assets including replacing the page background to make it blend in with the rest of the game more smoothly. We'll also be making a number of css tweaks to make sure it's consistent and 'pretty'.

For those not familiar with tournament brackets, all players are forced into two equal sized brackets which is where the "BYE" entries come in. Those are padding to make sure each side of the tournament bracket have an equal number of players to avoid issues where uneven player entries auto advance through multiple rounds.

Players can spectate any active match but cannot interfere in any way (obviously). They can leave the map through a portal only accessible by them or can simply use the interface to jump into spectating a different match.

There will be 5 versions of this event in total. Each event will include prizes of jewels (cash), titles, halos, exclusive temporary garments and dragonballs based on your final rank inside the event.

#1: Elite PK

Standard vanilla tournament. 1v1 all skills, potions, all that where you simply kill your opponent to advance through to the next round.

#2: Team PK

Standard vanilla tournament. Everyone in your team is included (allows for uneven teams if you can only gather up 1 friend, no problem). All skills, potions. Kill the enemy team to advance to the next rouund.

#3: Skill PK

Same as standard except that all items are CAPPED at +5 -5 1 socket. Your stats, skills and level of items will not be changed so you will still have a reason to level and hunt at least some basic items but it's to ensure that the footing is fair for all players who have already worked on their characters.

#4: Skill Team PK

Same as above but with teams

#5: Fastblade PK

FB/SS is always very popular. This is completely hit based with the first player to reach 10 hits on their opponent advancing to the next round.
Old 11/14/2016, 21:07   #11

Today's update addresses a number of player concerns and sets us up for some exciting new content.

#1: Quality of life changes.

-Giant 5,000 arrow packs are available in the mall
-CP bags now drop from monsters but DB rate is lower (total earned per hour is similar to before)
-Fixed a number of pesky display issues which were confusing players.
-Furnaces have been added. These 'consume' mined ores and once their durability reaches 0, they spit out a random gem (of any quality or type). Makes mining much more convenient.

#2: Updated functionality

-The Elite PK windows are finalized thanks to player testing. Solo/Team, Standard/Skill all modes working properly and we will be enabling full rewards/schedule in the coming days.
-CaptureTheFlag is finalized and the window complete. All that is left right now is a tutorial video. The event runs every Saturday at 23:00

#3: Custom features/gameplay changes
-The stone compose window is now enabled for players! Place as many + stones in as you wish and it will combine them into higher tiers.
-Mini map icons have been updated so we can display as many as we wish with any icon we wish. This is used for CTF but will be expanded for other purposes as well.
-Weapon proficiency now give sub-attributes when leveled past 12. EG: Katanas give critical strike chance where shields give block and bows give accuracy.
Old 12/02/2016, 22:31   #12

Holiday Quest #1 Released

We have multiple holiday quests planned for heroes throughout december but the first has officially been released for players! Every day when you log in you can find one of Santa's missing presents (drops from any monster) and once found you can claim a small daily reward. The rewards are different each day and include all sorts of goodies including VIP, 2x/3x exp time, CPs, Jewels, Cosmetics, Furniture and much more!

You will notice a small treasure chest in the bottom right near your chat window. It will start closed each day and once you've found a present it will glow as shown in the screenshot. Once you've claimed the reward it will switch to an idle mode simply saying "Claimed".

City Decorations

I mentioned furniture above didn't I? Not that many people care about decorating their homes but what we're offering is something else entirely! During the holidays there will be a number of ways to get your hands on Christmas trees, wreaths and snowmen. These items can be placed in any major city (cannot be placed near portals or other map objects) so help liven things up!

Please note that players who abuse this privilege to cause issues will be warned and possibly jailed temporarily. We have the ability to delete these decorations with a click of a mouse.

Cash Tournaments

This has been live for a week now but since it's passed initial testing it's type to let others know! Each week there is 4 Elite PK tourmaments. Winning these tournaments rewards DBs for the top 3 players but if you emerge as champion you receive 500 Jewels! These jewels can be used to purchase various items in our cash shop but may also be withdrawn from the game using exchanges and sold for cash. This amounts to approximately $40 USD in prizes per week granted to the winners of these tournaments.

Capture the Flag

It's passed testing and runs every single Saturday. The winning guild each week will receive 3000 CPs for their efforts

Upcoming Changes
Now that the server has been online for a month or two and all the major complaints have been worked out and tons of new content has been added, we will be spending the month offering many different events and recruitment options for players. There will be 2 more holiday events launching this month, a revamped referral system, vote rewards and much more! If you've been waiting to see what will be special or changed with the server, now is the time to jump in and start collecting your daily advent calendar rewards!
Old 12/10/2016, 21:04   #13

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Hey Chris, I noticed your website's login system exposes your server's account ids like most other servers I've tested this on. Invalid account gives "DatabaseObjectNotFound" while an invalid password gives "IncorrectPassword". It should just give a general "Invalid Account/Password" message so people can't exploit this.
Old 12/10/2016, 22:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Hey Chris, I noticed your website's login system exposes your server's account ids like most other servers I've tested this on. Invalid account gives "DatabaseObjectNotFound" while an invalid password gives "IncorrectPassword". It should just give a general "Invalid Account/Password" message so people can't exploit this.
Definitely an oversight. That will be corrected in tonight's update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/11/2016, 09:29   #15

i can't login, the game is stuck on "logging into the game server".
Closed Thread