Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SerenityCO Almost Classic CO

Discussion on SerenityCO Almost Classic CO within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SerenityCO Almost Classic CO

Updated: 8/21/2014

A fresh server- Hard Mode will be open late August 2014.

What exactly do we mean by Hard Mode?

Higher Difficulty level - We wanted to make conquer hard enough to need an actual human to play it and not just an auto-clicker.

Bring back the Classic Experience - Hard Mode attempts to bring Conquer back to the way it was designed to be played. Back to how the veterans of CO 1.0 remember it.

Make use of low level content - There are enough servers out there that focus on endgame and rushing to maxed gear. We wanted to slow things down and enjoy the lower levels.

The server will still be much faster to complete than retail CO, but you will probably die a lot more getting there unless you're good.

With that in mind people don't get on and complain that it's too hard or too slow... we have a higher rate server as well. This server is for people that want the closest to classic experience you'll find on a Conquer Server these days.

Only slightly faster than x1 rates.
Re-balanced monsters - Monsters are strong enough to actually need to heal unless you have good gear.

Daily Bosses it will take nearly the entire server to defeat.

Community strongly encouraged. Players leveling together buffed and plvling straight to max is discouraged.

Get Permanent Bonus Stats for leveling without plvling.

Leveling with friends improved. Gain exp from a teammate up to 100 Coordinates away.

Additions unrelated to difficulty-

Several Tamable beasts added to Guild Hall that can be spawned at Guild Wars to help defend the pole.
Example of obtaining a Guild Hall pet: Defeat Terato Dragon and stealing a dragon egg.

Hunger Games Arena - Start with nothing. Find everything you need inside the arena and defeat the other tributes.

Other than that Hard Mode uses most of the features of the Classic Serenity Server.

The server is currently in Closed Beta and is being hosted as an open GM Command for all server for testing.

We look forward to seeing you in game!

Back to original post.

Here’s the stuff about the regular server that you probably want to know:

Accelerated drop rates and level rates- (About 5 times faster than regular.) It won’t take you a year to max out but you won’t be able to do it in a week either.

Playable Classes: Trojan, Archer, Warrior, Water Taoist, Fire Taoist ONLY.

Max level- 137. Second Reborn. Max +12, HP +255, DMG -7.

Removed- Many of the stupid new features such as Potency/Battle Power, Item Lock, Talismans, Horses, Mentors, Trade Partners, VIP system, Quest system and the inability to PK in TC have been removed. While good newer additions such as dmg -7, +12 and HP Bonus have been kept.

Other info about the server:
Client Version- Our server runs on the patch just after Ninja's were implemented. (5165) (Ninja has been locked)

Donations- We've tried very hard to make it so you can succeed without donating. Rates are high enough that some hardcore players have maxed out without donating in like a month. As with probably every other Private Server we give out In-Game rewards in the form of VIP that gives Auto loot and other convenience features, and CP which can only be spent in the Item Mall on DBs, Mets, Exp Potions, Garments.

New Additions Not present in original Classic CO:

While we are trying to make the game have a classic feel, we don't entirely limit ourselves to copying Classic CO exactly. Here's a list of some of the Non-Classic stuff you can expect:

Modified Mining system where you can level up your mining skill to improve what you get while mining and how fast you mine. Mining was made faster and more interesting and also much harder to bot.
An NPC you can pay to mine for you for various times. Come back when the times up and he'll give you what he's found.

An NPC to gamble with Unidentified items. Similar to the Gambler in Diablo 2, Pick an item from a list to buy, and it identifies it and give it to you. Anything from normal to maxed out gear is possible. LOTS of time spent balancing it.

Three round Guild Wars to let people from different time zones in on the action, the GL of the winning guild is rewarded for each round their guild wins.

New Conquer 3.0 Maps.

Offline Market Shops.

Auction NPC.

Guild Chat goes to all ally Guilds as well as your own.

Right clickable from inventory features: Meteors into MetScrolls from inventory same for dbscrolls. +1 Stones into +2, Normal Gems Composed into Refined, Lab Diamonds into Rewards, ect.
Transfer Virtue Points between Characters.

Unique Custom quests such as the Hitman quest where an NPC give you a contract to PK another player and rewards you with gold when you have completed the task.

FastBlade / ScentSword 1 HP tournaments. Test your FB skills against others in an arena where every hit deals one damage and everyone starts out with 1 HP. Gain 1 HP for each person you kill. Last man standing wins.

Two different Super Bosses spawn every day, rotating off every 5 days.

Tons of attack related changes:

Attributes re-balanced to be useful and give players more options when deciding a build.
Strength Stat Increases Damage output by a lot as well as Health.
Agility Stat Increases Attack Speed like it should.
Spirit increases Magic Damage and Cure strength as well as Mana.
Vitality Increases Health as well as Defense.

Proficiency plays a much greater role in Increasing Damage.
Backsword Proficiency increases Spell Damage and Cure effect.
Shield Proficiency increases Defence.

Fury gems increase every aspect of speed. Attack speed, Archer damage, Dodge and Accuracy increased.

Moon Gems increase rate of Weapon skills going off.

Kylin gems can be used to increase Max Durability.

Lesser used Weapon skills given special attributes:
Hook - Life Stealing.
Scepter - Mana Stealing.
Dagger - Armor penetration. Double damage against target for 4 seconds after skill goes off.
Hammer - Dodge De-Buff. Archers do double damage to target for 4 seconds. (good against guild pole.)
Axe - Stun. Target cannot attack or use skills for 4 seconds. (they can still move though)

Custom Skills added to give classes other than blade/sword wielders a skill-to-hit attack.

Moves that hit in a line where you right click like Fastblade- ManaPulse(Taoist) IcyImpact(Spear)
Right clickable AOE like Boreas but with lowered damage like Hercules- Shockwave(Poleaxe) InfernalBlast(Glaive)
Right clickable AOE like Hurcules- SonicBoom(Longhammer)

Potions have a 5 Second cooldown. You no longer have to 1 hit someone to be able to kill them, as they can no longer just pot to full HP instantly.

Water Tao Revive limited to 1 Revive every 5 seconds. (for a more fair guild war)

Other Stuff:
USA Hosted.
Great mostly English speaking community. 100+ Players Online at any given time.
Active Server Host. Problems that pop up get fixed same day.

We know that by accepting donations we have committed ourselves to this project.
This is not another server that will be shut down in a month. We are here to stay.
We are grateful to all the people that have donated over the past few months, and the server has made more than enough to cover the running costs for several months.

Check out our recently overhauled website at:
I promise you won't be disappointed.

-Saturn

Here's a few Screenshots of in-game:

Some areas of the new maps look really nice.

Daily Boss Slain.

All content done up to 137 monsters in Frozen Grotto 3 with Terato Dragon Boss.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/24/2013, 00:15   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityCO View Post
• Client Version- We're running on the oldest client we could find that supports newer operating systems. (5165)
... any client version should work on newer operating systems.

5065 for example requires one very minor swap in the files to make it work on win7/8.
Old 11/24/2013, 00:33   #3

Yeah probably true... There were other reasons for choosing 5165. 5165 was out around when I quit playing and has the additions I consider "Classic". Also it has LOTS of guides and information available and we are NOT professional programmers. Just a couple guys that want to make a decent little private server for a game we played as kids.
Old 11/24/2013, 02:43   #4

I just started this server a few hours ago and I can say It really mixes a good balance of old school classic fun and some of the convenient features of the newer CO, up to patch 5165. The leveling and gear making is slower but fulfilling and there are multiple events and custom quests to take part in to help with breaking the grind every now and then. Overall I'd say if your looking for a fun, newer server that mixes classic and standard conquer experience, where you certainly aren't going to be handed everything on a silver platter from level 1, than give this one a shot.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2013, 02:44   #5

I really hope you're not using newestcoserver. If so you're already doomed.
Old 11/24/2013, 05:28   #6

So far, so good. Real enjoyable. Lots of customization and creativity!
Old 11/24/2013, 07:12   #7

Fun people on this server lol :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2013, 09:46   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Please, stop with the destructive commenting. Nothing good comes from it. I understand your good intent, but you sound like you're accusing the op of a crime. If he's having fun and he's trying to add his own quests and ideas to the server, who cares what source he's running. He's already much better than the other hundreds of copy servers out there just for making the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityCO View Post
Yeah probably true... There were other reasons for choosing 5165. 5165 was out around when I quit playing and has the additions I consider "Classic". Also it has LOTS of guides and information available and we are NOT professional programmers. Just a couple guys that want to make a decent little private server for a game we played as kids.
Good luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2013, 11:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
Please, stop with the destructive commenting. Nothing good comes from it. I understand your good intent, but you sound like you're accusing the op of a crime. If he's having fun and he's trying to add his own quests and ideas to the server, who cares what source he's running. He's already much better than the other hundreds of copy servers out there just for making the effort.

Good luck.
Man, no offense but who are you, the Internet Police? Let the man say what he thinks. He wasn't destructive commenting he was just saying that if he was using NCOS, he's doomed. He was meaning something like "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight". It sounds to me like you're defending the OP and your opinion should be unbiased, being part of the staff. Opinions vary, that's why the adv section was created, to get feedback from players.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2013, 15:55   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post

Good luck.
I'm free to state whatever I opinion I have as long as it's not a personal attack, which it clearly wasn't. You're basically promoting **** servers, it's because of you more of these servers with people who put little to no effort can keep going on, because nobody can say anything back to them. If nobody tells them they're wrong, then they will never know it, which is exactly why someone has to say something about what they do.

Making a Conquer Online PServer is not something you do for fun, it may be, but as long as you're advertising and making it public; that is the moment it becomes a business and a competition to other servers. If you cannot make something that's worth playing, something that is unique and something that you have put effort into then you shouldn't even bother.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/24/2013, 18:53   #11

Quote:
Making a Conquer Online PServer is not something you do for fun, it may be, but as long as you're advertising and making it public; that is the moment it becomes a business and a competition to other servers
If it isn't fun, then why did he put all that time into fixing problems with the source and then to dedicate a machine to running it 24/7? It says right on the main site page that it isn't a pay to win server like many of the other people run for business. You can donate for what, scrolls and garments? I get that, it cant be free to run a computer all that time. I quit playing co to get away from the business mentality of it, and I'm sure a lot of others on here are the same. Nice avatar btw super, wish I could draw like that
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/27/2013, 18:35   #12

Come play!
Old 11/29/2013, 13:23   #13

Quote:
How come? Please explain.
And
Quote:
Making a Conquer Online PServer is not something you do for fun, it may be, but as long as you're advertising and making it public; that is the moment it becomes a business and a competition to other servers. If you cannot make something that's worth playing, something that is unique and something that you have put effort into then you shouldn't even bother.
How can you say that making a conquer online private server, is not something you do for fun? I am making a server for fun, 5165 using the NewestCOServer. For FUN and to learn. OK, so maybe he wan't to advertise for his server. Doesn't mean he is trying to get it to the top, and best servers in the world. Maybe he is just making it for him, some friends, and some more people just for fun.
Old 11/29/2013, 14:16   #14

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by xScylez View Post
How come? Please explain.
It has long been considered one of the worst sources ever released.

Then again it has a lot of competition from the newer trinity leaks when it comes to being the biggest pile of garbage ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xScylez View Post
How can you say that making a conquer online private server, is not something you do for fun?
The point they are trying to get across is that if your main goal is 'fun' when creating a private server, you will likely not take it seriously enough to put in the massive amount of time required to properly manage, update and advertise a public private server.

If you want something to just mess around on with a few friends then that's all well and cool but any public server you intend others to join quickly becomes a huge time suck and if your only goal is 'fun' then you will become bitter quite quickly and the server will soon die.

Playing on a fun sponsored pserver is a recipe for losing all time invested in your character as you can pretty much guarantee that the server will be shut down within a few weeks/months.
Old 11/29/2013, 14:41   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
It has long been considered one of the worst sources ever released.

Then again it has a lot of competition from the newer trinity leaks when it comes to being the biggest pile of garbage ever.

The point they are trying to get across is that if your main goal is 'fun' when creating a private server, you will likely not take it seriously enough to put in the massive amount of time required to properly manage, update and advertise a public private server.

If you want something to just mess around on with a few friends then that's all well and cool but any public server you intend others to join quickly becomes a huge time suck and if your only goal is 'fun' then you will become bitter quite quickly and the server will soon die.

Playing on a fun sponsored pserver is a recipe for losing all time invested in your character as you can pretty much guarantee that the server will be shut down within a few weeks/months.
So what you are saying, is that if i go to every single "top" servers out there, contact the owner, and ask if he has to server just for fun, or for business, his answer will be "business"?

Tags
serenityco private server