Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Faster jumping ??

Discussion on Faster jumping ?? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/19/2013, 03:34   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaehtin View Post
Yes, but this is TQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Lol'd. That was my though.
LooooooL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
They cannot rely on that measurement because of the ping variation.

Yes, server side time needs to be used and compared against the received timestamps BUT for accuracy in a non exploit environment requires the client timestamp.
exploit in the time ? how ??,,, anyways the ping in my client when using speed hack will be very very big how can i avoid this ? i know its invalid ping but i want the user see the real valid ping ..
Old 05/19/2013, 04:58   #17

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqx111 View Post
LooooooL

exploit in the time ? how ??,,, anyways the ping in my client when using speed hack will be very very big how can i avoid this ? i know its invalid ping but i want the user see the real valid ping ..
Replace the ping in the returned packet with the time the last ping packet was sent.

EG: On Client>Server ping packet (1009 subtype 27) you overwrite the timestamp with your speedhack stamp. You then save current time as lastPingTime.

On Server>Client ping reply packet (1009 subtype 27) you overwrite the timestamp with lastPingTime.

This will ensure your client displays the proper ping at all points. Bit of extra processing but a VERY easy workaround.
Old 05/19/2013, 05:13   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Replace the ping in the returned packet with the time the last ping packet was sent.

EG: On Client>Server ping packet (1009 subtype 27) you overwrite the timestamp with your speedhack stamp. You then save current time as lastPingTime.

On Server>Client ping reply packet (1009 subtype 27) you overwrite the timestamp with lastPingTime.

This will ensure your client displays the proper ping at all points. Bit of extra processing but a VERY easy workaround.
Yeah it show the real ping now, Thank you.