Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Servers down for 30m changed something

Discussion on Servers down for 30m changed something within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/20/2007, 01:54   #31

elite*gold: 0
i dunno what happend but thas is for all people dam
Old 09/20/2007, 01:55   #32

i have troble too

i dunno what happend but thas is for all people dam
Old 09/20/2007, 04:19   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaha View Post
Hmm, I would say that a client update would be needed as the client wouldnt be able to understand any new packet that the server sends, this can cause unwanted effects, happened when i was coding a private server, kept causing the client to just close.
the "new" packet is just new for us, if they planned that before, its not new for the client. They are just sending them now, but it was already coded in previous patchs as someone above said. Well, but i wont defend this idea without any proof.

I wonder how good for all would be if every one keep your proxy private... well i think we would hear people screaming at every corner...
Old 09/20/2007, 04:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacometti View Post
the "new" packet is just new for us, if they planned that before, its not new for the client. They are just sending them now, but it was already coded in previous patchs as someone above said. Well, but i wont defend this idea without any proof.

I wonder how good for all would be if every one keep your proxy private... well i think we would hear people screaming at every corner...
You make a very valid point. I guess the server is requesting a "new" packet from our clients. That we did not know it could create =P
Old 09/20/2007, 07:13   #35

All Wrong, they have simply updated a packet :P..
Which bypasses the proxies.. Some LOL
Old 09/20/2007, 15:37   #36

it was prob a mistake o their part, since when does TQ actually go out of their way to stop the bots and do a good at stopping them .
Old 09/20/2007, 19:09   #37

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha View Post
it was prob a mistake o their part, since when does TQ actually go out of their way to stop the bots and do a good at stopping them .
They didn't do a good job. All they did was change 1 value and the alignment. That's pretty much it.
Old 09/20/2007, 21:36   #38

Only realised 10 mins ago when I saw this that my proxy wasn't working...took about 5 minutes work to get it working again though...it's just one small change in the first packet you receive from the server (one with the server ip etc).

Half a hex pair changed xD
Old 09/20/2007, 22:58   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some-Guy View Post
Only realised 10 mins ago when I saw this that my proxy wasn't working...took about 5 minutes work to get it working again though...it's just one small change in the first packet you receive from the server (one with the server ip etc).

Half a hex pair changed xD
Kindly provide the Values the new value and old value as the appeared before and after, and yourll get my Thanks Cheers
Old 09/21/2007, 00:02   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Of-Evil View Post
Kindly provide the Values the new value and old value as the appeared before and after, and yourll get my Thanks Cheers
If your proxy is working the same way as mine, you'll be looking for a packet with "1F 04" as the 3rd and 4th hex pairs as the first packet from the server, this has been changed to "1C 04" meaning your proxy will not recognise the packet ID and not try to retreive the server IP/Port which the client needs to login (As I'm sure you know ).
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2007, 18:02   #41

Quote:
If your proxy is working the same way as mine, you'll be looking for a packet with "1F 04" as the 3rd and 4th hex pairs as the first packet from the server, this has been changed to "1C 04" meaning your proxy will not recognise the packet ID and not try to retreive the server IP/Port which the client needs to login (As I'm sure you know ).
Well I tried to find it in my asm but no luck I dont have the pleasure of Jav files to work with, only ASM, but if you wanna take a look at the V3n0M-4356-Build4 ASM to see if you can spot what needs to be changed its here
Attached Files
File Type: rar V3n0M-4356-Assembly.rar (40.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 09/21/2007, 18:46   #42

Quote:
Well I tried to find it in my asm but no luck I dont have the pleasure of Jav files to work with, only ASM, but if you wanna take a look at the V3n0M-4356-Build4 ASM to see if you can spot what needs to be changed its here
ASM confuses me :/ I've only had to do a little in it before...what are you using to compile? (masm + tasm don't like your code )

Edit: Since the servers are down it's possible that TQ may make some more changes, so we'll have to wait for that anyway.
Old 09/21/2007, 19:23   #43

Quote:
ASM confuses me :/ I've only had to do a little in it before...what are you using to compile? (masm + tasm don't like your code )

Edit: Since the servers are down it's possible that TQ may make some more changes, so we'll have to wait for that anyway.
Neither Im being REALLY Awkward and using Hex, I just use IDA Pro, Load the exe file, then compare ASM to Hex, and change all the values on the Exe using HexWorkshop If you could spot what needs changing, Id be able to do it in hex.

Nah servers going dwn shouldnt change anything, there just resetting all the GM/PM passes, Account info is being roll'dbackd, and there admin Passes are being changed, I think they finally worked out there admin security was comprimised
Old 09/21/2007, 22:20   #44

Quote:
Neither Im being REALLY Awkward and using Hex, I just use IDA Pro, Load the exe file, then compare ASM to Hex, and change all the values on the Exe using HexWorkshop If you could spot what needs changing, Id be able to do it in hex.
Well, without logging in I can't find out if the packet id is used again, but try changing all occurances of '0x41F' in the source to '0x41C'. There should be 7 mentions of '0x41F' in total, so just use find + replace on them.
Old 09/22/2007, 00:12   #45

elite*gold: 20
Quote:

Nah servers going dwn shouldnt change anything, there just resetting all the GM/PM passes, Account info is being roll'dbackd, and there admin Passes are being changed, I think they finally worked out there admin security was comprimised

Something had to be changed because cotobo still doesn't work after the servers were yet again brought back up after server rollback today..I dunno if the proxy is effected or not but i'm pretty sure they did something to stop cotobo as far as i can tell this is only thing not working. My Sv 1.20 still works fine so i dunno it makes no sense they would only kill cotobo and not sv or anything else *shrugs*