Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 03:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Finding the REAL MeteorDove

Discussion on Finding the REAL MeteorDove within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hey guys, I'm new on this forum ^.^ .

Last night I got this idea, I've read quite a lot of posts on this specific forum and ran into something that intrigued me!

I've read that you can change the name of items via some hex-editing or something...

And BAM!!

First things that came to mind involved posts concerning finding the REAL meteordove that supposidly drops like 5 mets.

Ok so here it goes, think I figured it out:
( Please keep this secret, don't want the real ones overcamped ! )

What you will need:
The Original Post:

Download the DeEn.zip, unzip it and follow the instructions in the readme.

After you have decrypted the Monster.dat and got the Monster.txt <decrypted monster.dat> file, open it and search for MeteorDove.

Bang!!
There are 2 entries! Assuming that one of them are for the normal MeteorDove's... then the other must be for the REAL MeteorDove's!

So here is the problem...

I don't have a high enough lvl char to test this, but the idea would be to test:
1. Under the first entry change the following:
[MeteorDove] -> [Profit]
SizeAdd=1 -> 4
ZoomPercent=100
MaxLife=10000
Level=32
BornAction=315
BornEffect=MBStandard
BornSound=none
ActResCtrl=0
ASB=5
ADB=6
BodyType=0
TypeID=8415
AntiType=0
Armet=0
RWeapon=0
LWeapon=0
Misc=0
Mount=0
----------------
And now:
1. Save the file.
2. Encrypt it again using the program.
3. Load up ConquerOnline
4. Go to the MeteorDove's and kill the ones that are bigger than the others ( easier to spot ) and have the name Profit
5. If the above named MeteorDove's are very common ( lots of "Profit" named MeteorDove's around ), UNDO the changes done in monster.txt and change the attributes on the second found entry in monster.txt and encrypt it into monster.dat again using the program!

Viola!!!

Now the real MeteorDove's should be renamed to Profit and should be easier to spot because of their larger size!

Profit!!!

Please post a reply if you gotten this to work, if it DOES work, +k would be appreciated :>.

Good luck and have fun all!

A secret stays only a secret if it isn't well known!!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/21/2007, 07:03   #2

it wont ll work, on monster spawn packet(its the same as player spawn) it tells the name of monster(or player) then the client looks at monster.dat for that name("MeteorDove"), so if u change one of then still ll have same size if u modify boths name it ll be recognized as a player and all fake doves 2. the unique way is finding something on that packet that differs the fake from the real dove, and make a proxy to identify then.
see ya

Green.
Old 07/21/2007, 08:41   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellros@Jul 20 2007, 16:09

Last night I got this idea, I've read quite a lot of posts on this specific forum and ran into something that intrigued me!

I've read that you can change the name of items via some hex-editing or something...

And BAM!!

First things that came to mind involved posts concerning finding the REAL meteordove that supposidly drops like 5 mets.

What you will need:
The Original Post:

After you have decrypted the Monster.dat and got the Monster.txt <decrypted monster.dat> file, open it and search for MeteorDove.

Bang!!
There are 2 entries! Assuming that one of them are for the normal MeteorDove's... then the other must be for the REAL MeteorDove's!

I don't have a high enough lvl char to test this, but the idea would be to test:
[MeteorDove] -> [Profit]
SizeAdd=1 -> 4
ZoomPercent=100
MaxLife=10000
Level=32
BornAction=315
BornEffect=MBStandard
BornSound=none
ActResCtrl=0
ASB=5
ADB=6
BodyType=0
TypeID=8415
AntiType=0
Armet=0
RWeapon=0
LWeapon=0
Misc=0
Mount=0
----------------
And now:
1. Save the file.
3. Load up ConquerOnline
4. Go to the MeteorDove's and kill the ones that are bigger than the others ( easier to spot ) and have the name Profit
5. If the above named MeteorDove's are very common ( lots of "Profit" named MeteorDove's around ), UNDO the changes done in monster.txt and change the attributes on the second found entry in monster.txt and encrypt it into monster.dat again using the program!

Viola!!!

Now the real MeteorDove's should be renamed to Profit and should be easier to spot because of their larger size!

Profit!!!

Please post a reply if you gotten this to work, if it DOES work, +k would be appreciated :>.

Please post Please post a reply if you gotten this to work, if it DOES work, +k would be appreciated :>.

pathetic.... >.> have u tried u self 1st?
Old 07/21/2007, 08:41   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by bgreen@Jul 21 2007, 07:03
it wont ll work, on monster spawn packet(its the same as player spawn) it tells the name of monster(or player) then the client looks at monster.dat for that name("MeteorDove"), so if u change one of then still ll have same size if u modify boths name it ll be recognized as a player and all fake doves 2. the unique way is finding something on that packet that differs the fake from the real dove, and make a proxy to identify then.
see ya

Green.
As the man said, it won't work. I tried doing this like 2 years ago and again recently to verify game mechanics hadn't changed while I had stopped playing.
Old 07/21/2007, 08:45   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by hellwolfz+Jul 20 2007, 23:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hellwolfz @ Jul 20 2007, 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kellros@Jul 20 2007, 16:09

And BAM!!

What you will need:
The Original Post:

Bang!!

[MeteorDove] -> [Profit]
SizeAdd=1 -> 4
ZoomPercent=100
MaxLife=10000
Level=32
BornAction=315
BornEffect=MBStandard
BornSound=none
ActResCtrl=0
ASB=5
ADB=6
BodyType=0
TypeID=8415
AntiType=0
Armet=0
RWeapon=0
LWeapon=0
Misc=0
Mount=0
----------------
And now:
1. Save the file.
3. Load up ConquerOnline

Viola!!!

Profit!!!

Please post Please post a reply if you gotten this to work, if it DOES work, +k would be appreciated :>.

pathetic.... >.> have u tried u self 1st? [/b][/quote]
Yo, dont flame him, he was only contributing. How would you like it if everyone jumped on your ass? Not very much right? Yeah, golden rule.
Old 07/21/2007, 10:32   #6

You sir, are confused.

Everything you edit client side is only visible to you, let me try explain this:

[MeteorDove] (The Name you read in the bar)
SizeAdd=1 (The size of the monster on your screen)
ZoomPercent=100
MaxLife=10000 ( The hp you "see" the creature has, editing this won't give the monster less or more hp, if you example set this to 100 and the creature only has 15 hp server side, the creature will die when he takes 15 damage, not 100 )
Level=32 ( This changes the color of the name of the creature, black, red, white, blue. Making it higher won't give you more xp, just instead for example if the creature had a white name when you are lvl 30 and you set his lvl to 100, he would have a black name )
BornAction=315
BornEffect=MBStandard
BornSound=none
ActResCtrl=0
ASB=5
ADB=6
BodyType=0
TypeID=8415 ( This is the unique ID that distinguishes between a real meteor dove and a normal one, the one has the ID 8415 and the other 8416. Other than this value, all the other values are exactly the same for the real meteor dove and the normal one )
AntiType=0
Armet=0
RWeapon=0
LWeapon=0
Misc=0
Mount=0

Try it out.
Old 07/21/2007, 11:57   #7

you dont have a high lvl enough char? are u kiddin? lol ... u need a lvl 70+ char to go there to check this...

So acctually u could try it.... and if it works ur gonna be the karma monster on these forums lol...

acctually i dont think this is possible, because so many ppl tried it and didnt succeed... this wouldve been just too easy ^^
Old 07/21/2007, 13:36   #8

nice try :P, but next time do a lil more research
Old 07/21/2007, 14:15   #9

yea, well he did said he dont have a high lvl to test it yet, so dont flame him, well Kellros ur idea is very interesting, i would like to try it out but my serv has conduc location issues. Guilds are fighting over it, cuz of the over plvling.
Old 07/21/2007, 18:29   #10

won't work... normal and real birds are the same entry in monster.dat

the server even fakes the hp to you so qoproxy can't identify them... but there is a way
Old 07/21/2007, 18:36   #11

elite*gold: 20
Only way to find real meteordove is using a proxy and finding the packet of the real one while running past all other ones..Works like a charm
Old 07/21/2007, 19:07   #12

elaborate lol, dont just tease us Tw3ak or if it was already listed, link to forum page
Old 07/21/2007, 20:42   #13

So... What's the way? You guys keep saying there's a way, but none explains which one...
Old 07/21/2007, 23:12   #14

i tried this ones it messed my conquer had to redownload conquer i duno if it works now but in old times it didnt
Old 07/22/2007, 01:51   #15

as with tw3ak said it's using a proxy, but there's still more ways... proxy is prolly the most direct and fastest way tho...
Closed Thread