Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 10:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

strange file types

Discussion on strange file types within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I recently un-lurked to ask about terrain file modification for the Desert maps, I was pointed to some threads about it, but the files to download and unpack didn't work because I've had to reinstall windows and had to do a fresh install of CO.
I did find 36 Sand files, but they were .scene file type, Windows doesn't know what they are, (personally I find that more comforting then not :P) but I tried to find them myself, and the web tried to give me run around.
Eventually (at 3 am, I always do my best work at night) I found a free software that can at least read the code of the files as they are. This is all well and good but we hit a huge snag in that, I can't code, I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag if my life depended on it, much less anyone else's life :P so if anyone can make use of this info it'd be really cool.

(utter code-noobie question, can someone use some of the code from play.exe to make a file viewer for the different files? since that program has to read the files anyway? ok I'll shut up now.)
Old 01/02/2007, 13:33   #2

elite*gold: 0
yea, if anyone knows how to view .scene/.part files, or has any information on them that may me understand them better, it would be greatly appreciated.

i believe that the christmas wreath picture (the one you actually see when its hanging up) is a .scene file, and my current goal is to edit what it looks like. if anyone knows something that i dont, like how to edit the file for the wreath, again, it would be greatly appreciated.

~EleventySeven11