Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 11:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

can someon tell my how

Discussion on can someon tell my how within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/18/2006, 16:41   #16

elite*gold: 0
Not allowed to post links to download illegal versions of software. Go to the microsoft website, you can get a free version there. Or check p2p software. Visual Basic is not a dying language nor is it not useful. Companies all the time are hiring for people that know Visual Basic. It is still widely used. It also used often in websites. Visual Basic is also a high level programming language. Meaning its just as good as C++. C++ is great to learn as well, and C# is a lot like C++ but with some differences. So if you want to get started in the programming field, go to your library and get some books. Or see if a class is offered at your school. Usually VB6 or C++ is taught. Both languages have there pros and cons, its just a matter of which is right for you. Both are equally as complicated to learn.

~Chris
Old 07/18/2006, 16:59   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisR872@Jul 18 2006, 16:41
Not allowed to post links to download illegal versions of software. Go to the microsoft website, you can get a free version there. Or check p2p software. Visual Basic is not a dying language nor is it not useful. Companies all the time are hiring for people that know Visual Basic. It is still widely used. It also used often in websites. Visual Basic is also a high level programming language. Meaning its just as good as C++. C++ is great to learn as well, and C# is a lot like C++ but with some differences. So if you want to get started in the programming field, go to your library and get some books. Or see if a class is offered at your school. Usually VB6 or C++ is taught. Both languages have there pros and cons, its just a matter of which is right for you. Both are equally as complicated to learn.

~Chris
VB6 is a dieing language, its still useful (I use it for .NET frontends), companies are only hiring cause they have systems to big to re-write, realistically most new systems should be in .NET, I wouldnt want to work for a Company that isnt looking at future technologys and wants to stick to the past.

The bit about hiring in companys is about .NET I dont know about where your from, but the country i live in 95% of companys hiring for .NET will specify C# about 0.5% will specify VB and the rest just say .NET, in the realworld theres no difference between the 2 but for a company there is a perceived difference.
Old 07/18/2006, 17:02   #18

elite*gold: 20
Actuall, Visual Studio 2005 is free, provided.
-You have a legit copy of windows
-You download it before October.

About the above. VB is very far from 'as good as C++.' and both are equally complicated to learn? Yeah, right.

You are not likely to find many jobs requiring VB. The language is more or less obsolete. The only time it would be used in business now is for companies that already have VB systems in place, and can't afford to upgrade the whole thing (there you would be maintaining software rather than building much). VB is an awful language, stay away from it.

VB.Net is alot more powerful, and can do practically everything C# can. It isn't much different from C#, but it has a much uglier syntax and is becoming less used, and there is less support for it. Only reason to use VB.Net is if you're a VB programmer and upgrading to .Net.

So, learn C#. You have alot more prospects from doing so, and you're using up to date technology, which WILL get you work if you want to. You'll also find it much easier to learn new languages with C# knowledge over VB.
Old 07/18/2006, 17:28   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by unknownone@Jul 18 2006, 17:02
You are not likely to find many jobs requiring VB. The language is more or less obsolete. The only time it would be used in business now is for companies that already have VB systems in place, and can't afford to upgrade the whole thing (there you would be maintaining software rather than building much). VB is an awful language, stay away from it.

VB.Net is alot more powerful, and can do practically everything C# can. It isn't much different from C#, but it has a much uglier syntax and is becoming less used, and there is less support for it. Only reason to use VB.Net is if you're a VB programmer and upgrading to .Net.

So, learn C#. You have alot more prospects from doing so, and you're using up to date technology, which WILL get you work if you want to. You'll also find it much easier to learn new languages with C# knowledge over VB.
thats what i ment

although I dont agree on the syntax part, but I guess thats cause I am from a VB6 background. You're going to end up with nearly identical MSIL code at compile time and, for the most part, the code will have little performance difference. If you can use one .NET language you should be able to pick up any of them, so like me I eventually will try to learn C# (ONLY because employers *THINK* C# and VB.net are different) and the biggest stumbling block I can see is that I will have to remember my semi-colons and braces
Old 07/19/2006, 18:22   #20

I wana ask u is imposible to make programs like copartner or COtobo w C#
Old 07/19/2006, 18:45   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by saulius321@Jul 19 2006, 18:22
I wana ask u is imposible to make programs like copartner or COtobo w C#
very possible but u need a very good understanding of the language and that wont come over night

« lab 2 spawn | C# »