Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

REAL Classic conquer?

Discussion on REAL Classic conquer? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
REAL Classic conquer?

I'm sick of playing the said to be "classic" servers. For me, classic means aged, I really miss the old times when you were able to wipe out guildwar with unique gears, where you hunted for months to find a single dragonball - or even more likely none!

I wish TQ would start a REAL classic server. If there is one and I missed that somehow, please let me know! I got no response other than "It can't be more classic" on the official forums, so I'm trying here, hello by the way.

I recently discovered that there are quite a few private servers but sadly it appears that they follow TQ's path...

Is there a way to create a "classic" server somehow? Any resources for more dated patches? I have no Idea what kinda version it was back in the days, but back in 05 there was no fancy login screen and no horses. Just 4 simple classes, level 130 (I think) and thats it.

- Okay after trying to search this forum I don't think there is anything available, well to be honest I don't really know which keywords to use..
Old 05/24/2014, 16:19   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic* View Post
I'm sick of playing the said to be "classic" servers. For me, classic means aged, I really miss the old times when you were able to wipe out guildwar with unique gears, where you hunted for months to find a single dragonball - or even more likely none!

I wish TQ would start a REAL classic server. If there is one and I missed that somehow, please let me know! I got no response other than "It can't be more classic" on the official forums, so I'm trying here, hello by the way.

I recently discovered that there are quite a few private servers but sadly it appears that they follow TQ's path...

Is there a way to create a "classic" server somehow? Any resources for more dated patches? I have no Idea what kinda version it was back in the days, but back in 05 there was no fancy login screen and no horses. Just 4 simple classes, level 130 (I think) and thats it.

- Okay after trying to search this forum I don't think there is anything available, well to be honest I don't really know which keywords to use..
You should check out our server, we haven't started advertising yet so we have a fairly low player base, but our over all goal is "slow progression." It has some what a of 'classic' feel to it as we value skill much more than we do anything else, but we're working on shaping the game in a completely different direction than any other server has done in the past. You can find out more here /
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/24/2014, 20:13   #3

released not long ago a classic server just the way you want it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2014, 09:49   #4

I looked int ConquerPS, it looks highly interessting, will check it out!

I tried United Generals but i prefer a english speaking playerbase
Old 05/26/2014, 09:50   #5

Quote:
I looked int ConquerPS, it looks highly interessting, will check it out!

I tried United Generals but i prefer a english speaking playerbase
if you want something TQ like. Well, not like the bullshit they use to do now, but back in the days

Server was launched a few months ago, nobody has maxed out gears yet - but the rates are not as low as you want them to be im afraid.
Old 05/26/2014, 18:33   #6

Received Thanks: 2,518
I wouldn't bother with the server Yuki advertised, its dead for one and is just a collection of features from other servers dumped into one. Its also hugely p2w what with you being able to purchase 105dbs for $100, its effectively a money grab.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2014, 13:20   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
You should check out our server, we haven't started advertising yet so we have a fairly low player base, but our over all goal is "slow progression." It has some what a of 'classic' feel to it as we value skill much more than we do anything else, but we're working on shaping the game in a completely different direction than any other server has done in the past. You can find out more here /
After checking out Conquer PS I have to say that its innovative, but I did not get the "feeling" of playing a classic server. The one Yuki advertised is decent and they are even working on a new source I heard on the chatbox.

Gonna look around a little more and see if I can find something with more players.

- Oh seems like the Dragonball droprate is pretty high on there, they have a chat message if someone finds one, happens regularly. I dont belive many would buy Dragonballs in that circumstances.
Old 05/28/2014, 10:19   #8

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
After checking out Conquer PS I have to say that its innovative, but I did not get the "feeling" of playing a classic server. The one Yuki advertised is decent and they are even working on a new source I heard on the chatbox.

Gonna look around a little more and see if I can find something with more players.

- Oh seems like the Dragonball droprate is pretty high on there, they have a chat message if someone finds one, happens regularly. I dont belive many would buy Dragonballs in that circumstances.
We don't expect anyone to buy anything, that's the whole point. We want gear progression over all to be slow. Sure, quality is easily achievable, but bless, sockets and + are significantly harder to achieve and that's what basically throws off the balance between defense/offense.

Well, I'm glad you at least gave it a shot.

And sure, we're not asking people to grind like it was required in CO 1.0, no MMO should require you to do something that is an out right grind as a core requirement of playing; That's just poor design. But, that doesn't mean that leveling doesn't get significantly harder after rebirth. It's a logarithmic graph.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/28/2014, 12:16   #9

My apologizes, i tried the multi-quote thing but it didn't work in the end, the purchases were aimed at Yuki's server, yours just didn't give me the feeling of playing a classic server. It looks amazing but its not what I seek
Old 05/28/2014, 12:41   #10

Have you tried Love2Hate? While the EU server has been adapted and features some content which would no longer make it a true 1.0 server, the US server is very much just a standard 1.0 server.

One of them might fit what your looking for?
Old 05/28/2014, 13:55   #11

elite*gold: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I wouldn't bother with the server Yuki advertised, its dead for one and is just a collection of features from other servers dumped into one. Its also hugely p2w what with you being able to purchase 105dbs for $100, its effectively a money grab.
First off, It ain't dead, We're just in the process of moving into our new scratch coded base, So most of the players are actually on the test server with us. Please double check your resources before saying its dead or that its a "money grab" cause it ain't, As for the donations, This aint a p2w server, Infact I would've had meteors there as well if it was a p2w, It's known to be one of the best servers out there, Check our adv thread.
Old 05/28/2014, 14:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
First off, It ain't dead, We're just in the process of moving into our new scratch coded base, So most of the players are actually on the test server with us. Please double check your resources before saying its dead or that its a "money grab" cause it ain't, As for the donations, This aint a p2w server, Infact I would've had meteors there as well if it was a p2w, It's known to be one of the best servers out there, Check our adv thread.
I checked and there were 12 people on it when I posted that, that to me says 1 thing. And p2w when you can buy such a large amount of power in 1 transaction, and a money grab for the same reason. It's definitely not known for being one of the best in the slightest lol.
Old 05/28/2014, 16:34   #13

elite*gold: 26
I know what p2w is no need to explain it to me, But really you're clueless of what it is, We're having a low player count these days due to the reason I stated earlier, We're moving to a new base that is being coded from scratch, Surely you must know the amount of work such project would need. We've reached maximum of 61 players and we're constantly above 20-30 ish these days, Rest of the player base are actually helping us develop our new base, We've assigned most of them tasks such as testing coded features to bug reporting, some of them are actually working on scripts. So once again someone as knowledgeable as yourself should further investigate stuff before spreading out stuff that aren't true but hey! thats just what I'd do :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/04/2014, 08:02   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I checked and there were 12 people on it when I posted that, that to me says 1 thing. And p2w when you can buy such a large amount of power in 1 transaction, and a money grab for the same reason. It's definitely not know for being one of the best in the slightest lol.
DB are not op you make your gear super then what? what was op is unlimited mets so we the player base asked for them to be removed and they where.
What is and should be hard is finding +1 items and getting sockets. i have played there for months and have reborn 30+ chars and have one 2 socket item to show for it.
The server has some of the best Gms around that are very helpfull and when the new source is finished i expect it to be one of if not the best original conquer server out there
Old 06/05/2014, 03:58   #15

i recommend love2hate & serenityco