Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 06:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Socket Trick in CO 1.0??

Discussion on Socket Trick in CO 1.0?? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Socket Trick in CO 1.0??

Hey i'm playing on a classic 1.0 server and i've read that there was tricks to get sockets back in the days.
So i was wondering if someone here is sitting on them and could tell me in this thread or pm?
It would make my day as i've never made a socket in TC and been spamming like fk
Old 12/29/2012, 08:14   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
There were never any socket tricks.

It was all superstition and people who were luckier than others.
Old 01/04/2013, 00:50   #3

There has been soooo many bugs/hacks and exploits available in the game since day one of Conquer. And yes there were socket tricks such as using the NPC in bird island that sockets weapons but to instead get him to socket any kind of item.

Also where you could put in ores into sockets and have them become super gems.

To my knowledge, there currently aren't any similar exploits on conquer retail servers so if you want sockets, just get a bunch of mets and spam.

Assuming you're playing on a private server, it really isn't possible to tell you what kind of exploits there are available as it entirely depends on what kind of source they are using and how it was coded.
Old 01/04/2013, 01:10   #4

i guess yes any system having exploits and i don't think that is called tricks
it's called exploit including and not limited to what you mentioned above
but to add a bit to your knowledge there was backdoor in trinity to be gm/pm and there is more than 8 npcs exploits which can give max silvers possible (check the thread in my sig.)
but i don't agree that private servers doesn't have exploits , i never and i mean never did test a private server and found it free of exploits , even l2h even any server (only hybird server and it's exception)
i don't really think that exploit is the same as trick but lets assume that yes exploit is trick , then lemme assure you that it's only luck , there isn't such a thing called luck , it's all math and randomness
and to give you a better view
there isn't any check for where you stand
there isn't any check for what time is it
and back to the times i was writing my source the only check i've added beside the socketing rate was if the member is vip which give him better luck at socketing but that isn't really popular

so trick for socketing ? no
is there another exploits ? yes
is there public encryption and proxy base ? yes
Old 01/04/2013, 06:49   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
It depends on the server. No global character change is just client-sided; the actions have to go through to the server. If the server is programmed properly with some exploit protection in mind, they'll have checks against such exploits. Else, if you know how to exploit such features, you'll have an advantage.
Old 01/04/2013, 22:14   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigorio View Post
There has been soooo many bugs/hacks and exploits available in the game since day one of Conquer. And yes there were socket tricks such as using the NPC in bird island that sockets weapons but to instead get him to socket any kind of item.

Also where you could put in ores into sockets and have them become super gems.

To my knowledge, there currently aren't any similar exploits on conquer retail servers so if you want sockets, just get a bunch of mets and spam.

Assuming you're playing on a private server, it really isn't possible to tell you what kind of exploits there are available as it entirely depends on what kind of source they are using and how it was coded.

Sorry let me correct myself...

I'm referring to socket tricks as in meteor spamming. There has been SO many theories and superstition surrounding socket times, locations and specific methods. All of them are complete bullshit.

There have most certainly been other exploits allowing you to get sockets (you covered most if not all of them) but they abused poor coding in the original tq sources. They do not exist (as far as I'm aware) in binaries and therefor will not exist in any binary based servers.

As also mentioned though, any custom source can have many exploits and it's really up to you to figure out how poorly coded it is. It'd take a very special butterfly though to code the socket system and not check that a socket existed in the item. I'm sure they exist but any server running such a source isn't really worth hacking imo.
Old 01/17/2013, 21:46   #7

I think that it's no socket trick. I have listened a lot of bullshit like if you will stay at lucky coordinates you will get a socked from 5 met or that after maintenance chances to get soc are increased but it don't work. There's no socket trick. Just buy items in shop and spend mets. There is no socket trick!

Tags
classic co, co 1.0, socket trick, sockets, tc