Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does anyone remember me?

Discussion on Does anyone remember me? within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Does anyone remember me?

Hi guys.

Oh boy, it's been a while to say the least since I visited these forums. Am I still remembered? Had a good laugh at every post and thread I made when active here, but it was some good times.

How is the CO dev? Is it still as active as three years ago? Have Hybrid/Ulti/Tao/Haydz etc left the business?

Update what I've been doing, if anyone actually cares
Since CO dev-times, I've been going nuts on programming. For three years straight I've been doing programs, mobileapps, webapplications etc etc for different companies around the globe.

I thank this forum for that, actually. This is how I first got into programming, and trust me, I didn't know what I was doing by looking at all the threads I made. My code was awful, and I get, now, a couple of years later, why people 'flamed' me.

Anyhow, later on, I've been doing web, and like it a lot. I'm running three companies, whereas two are worldwide - and making great money from it.

Would be cool to see if anyone I used to chat with are still here.

And to whoever moderates this forum nowadays, I am sorry for posting this is the wrong area, although this is where I likely get most response since this was the part of the forum I posted mostly.

Cheers!
Old 07/01/2012, 20:25   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,142
So you left around the same time as me, I take it?

Well anyway, yes, they're periodically active.
Old 07/01/2012, 20:26   #3

elite*gold: 130
Welcome back.
It isn't really as big as it was back in the day though.
AFAIK for Hybrid and Ultimation, Hybrid stopped with private servers and is now busy with bots and Ultimation has his own PVP server.
Old 07/01/2012, 20:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
So you left around the same time as me, I take it?

Well anyway, yes, they're periodically active.
I don't really know when I left, but somewhere around 2009-2010. I don't recall your name though, and I'm pretty good with names. Have you changed nick?
Old 07/01/2012, 20:30   #5

Upon reviewing your activity, you've barely been gone a year..

No, I have not. I left before you were "active" but I do recall having a few debates with you a while back over some things I don't quite remember. You say people "flamed" you, that's probably because back then I remember you having a tad of an elitist attitude/claiming some things that were sometimes not true/etc.

I can understand it, and I'm pretty sure you were fairly young at the time? Anyway, welcome back. Glad to see you've changed your ways, gained some experience, and have come back to hopefully share with the community what you've learned.

Edit: Also, global/worldwide companies? lol
Old 07/01/2012, 20:39   #6

Quote:
Upon reviewing your activity, you've barely been gone a year..

No, I have not. I left before you were "active" but I do recall having a few debates with you a while back over some things I don't quite remember. You say people "flamed" you, that's probably because back then I remember you having a tad of an elitist attitude/claiming some things that were sometimes not true/etc.

I can understand it, and I'm pretty sure you were fairly young at the time? Anyway, welcome back. Glad to see you've changed your ways, gained some experience, and have come back to hopefully share with the community what you've learned.

Edit: Also, global/worldwide companies? lol
Im refering to the time I was really active, daily. I stopped with CO completely in the late 2010 I believe.

Yea, pretty much. It hasn't been that long, but I've still grown as a person. I don't know if I have anything concrete to contribute with, as I've pretty much gone into web. Maybe some tutorials about web and how you can apply it to and with your server, such as direct payments for item/points or whatnot - else I really don't know.

Yes, I work for Fiverr.com, also in charge of a bettingsite.
Old 07/01/2012, 20:46   #7

elite*gold: 20
This has absolutely nothing to do with Conquer at all as it is just a "I'm back" thread but I guess I could leave it around for a while for nostalgia reasons. I remember your LOTF releases.
Old 07/01/2012, 20:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
Im refering to the time I was really active, daily. I stopped with CO completely in the late 2010 I believe.

Yea, pretty much. It hasn't been that long, but I've still grown as a person. I don't know if I have anything concrete to contribute with, as I've pretty much gone into web. Maybe some tutorials about web and how you can apply it to and with your server, such as direct payments for item/points or whatnot - else I really don't know.

Yes, I work for Fiverr.com, also in charge of a bettingsite.
The time I remember you being active was around 2008-2009. I remember being confused as to why you bothered with LOTF lol. I worked with CoEmu a lot (Though, looks like some of my threads are missing. No idea..)

Web is an okay type of coding to be in, I rather like PHP (first language I ever learned.)

@Kiyono; yeah, like most of the **** that gets posted here.. lol. But I guess at least this isn't just "men i canoot find start manu"
Old 07/01/2012, 21:35   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with Conquer at all as it is just a "I'm back" thread but I guess I could leave it around for a while for nostalgia reasons. I remember your LOTF releases.
Hey, I remember you. Creqaw right? Cool to see you've become a mod. Ah, thanks mate, feel free to remove it in a couple of days if you wish, just want to see if I can connect with any old buddy.

Quote:
The time I remember you being active was around 2008-2009. I remember being confused as to why you bothered with LOTF lol. I worked with CoEmu a lot (Though, looks like some of my threads are missing. No idea..)

Web is an okay type of coding to be in, I rather like PHP (first language I ever learned.)

@Kiyono; yeah, like most of the crap that gets posted here.. lol. But I guess at least this isn't just "men i canoot find start manu"
Exactly. Haha, I don't know really, but at the end I gave it up. Oh, I'm talking about PHP, but been working with ASP etc aswell.
Old 07/01/2012, 22:03   #10

You probably don't know me as I'm mostly a lurker, but I've seen you around the forum before.

As your a web developer have you tried out Ruby on Rails? I just had class on it and it's a pretty awesome framework.
Old 07/01/2012, 22:10   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblackbelt View Post
You probably don't know me as I'm mostly a lurker, but I've seen you around the forum before.

As your a web developer have you tried out Ruby on Rails? I just had class on it and it's a pretty awesome framework.
I haven't, but then again, I only learn what I have to learn, if you understand me. Most development when it comes to web is in ASP or PHP, even though there surely are benefits with other. Why I haven't (well, barely) touched Rails is because it simply can't do anything PHP can't, and doesn't work all too good with SQL. Also know that Rails is more or less a framework for Ruby, while PHP is a programming language.

Edit: Just read that you pointed out it's an framework. But yeah, I'm sure it's good, but if you're aiming at becoming an webdeveloper, try to focus on whatever will be needed, for what you need done or for clients.
Old 07/01/2012, 22:11   #12

Quote:
Hey, I remember you. Creqaw right? Cool to see you've become a mod. Ah, thanks mate, feel free to remove it in a couple of days if you wish, just want to see if I can connect with any old buddy.

Exactly. Haha, I don't know really, but at the end I gave it up. Oh, I'm talking about PHP, but been working with ASP etc aswell.
Ahh okay, I never got into ASP.NET. Been thinking of taking a look at it, though.

Quote:

I haven't touched Ruby in three or four years, since testing proved that it allocated 16MB of memory at least to print "Hello, world!" Has it changed?
Old 07/01/2012, 22:41   #13

Quote:
I haven't, but then again, I only learn what I have to learn, if you understand me. Most development when it comes to web is in ASP or PHP, even though there surely are benefits with other. Why I haven't (well, barely) touched Rails is because it simply can't do anything PHP can't, and doesn't work all too good with SQL. Also know that Rails is more or less a framework for Ruby, while PHP is a programming language.

Edit: Just read that you pointed out it's an framework. But yeah, I'm sure it's good, but if you're aiming at becoming an webdeveloper, try to focus on whatever will be needed, for what you need done or for clients.
It's fairly good, but the hard part is that you have to do things the "Rails" way or else you'll be fighting with it. Once you know how to use it though it speeds up dev time tremendously.

Quote:
Ahh okay, I never got into ASP.NET. Been thinking of taking a look at it, though.

I haven't touched Ruby in three or four years, since testing proved that it allocated 16MB of memory at least to print "Hello, world!" Has it changed?
ASP.NET is really nice for web development, especially with Visual Studio. I'm currently using it at my summer intern-ship. Unfortunately however they use VB.NET with it

I haven't used Ruby since my class a few months ago but it was still very slow and a memory hog(especially on windows). It may have gotten better since then though.
Old 07/01/2012, 22:44   #14

Quote:
It's fairly good, but the hard part is that you have to do things the "Rails" way or else you'll be fighting with it. Once you know how to use it though it speeds up dev time tremendously.

ASP.NET is really nice for web development, especially with Visual Studio. I'm currently using it at my summer intern-ship. Unfortunately however they use VB.NET with it

I haven't used Ruby since my class a few months ago but it was still very slow and a memory hog(especially on windows). It may have gotten better since then though.
Yeah.. I wouldn't use VB[.NET] for anything, but that's a personal opinion. As for ruby, let's hope so. It was terrible.
Old 07/01/2012, 22:54   #15

Oh man, watching my old threads is hilarious. My arrogance, poor english and childishness is killing me!

Anyhow, I think I'm going to stick around for a bit, seeing as the scene is still as active. Is there anything I can contribute with when it comes to web? Probably some tutorials, in form of videos, that could higher the standards of servers and their websites.