Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 06:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to set up CoEMU Rev 15

Discussion on How to set up CoEMU Rev 15 within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Alright first things first. This is my first post, I'm making the guide because it annoyed the crap outta me trying to find everything I needed.

So now you think you are ready to start setting up you DB? No... You are gonna need to download some apps and files first. What I would suggest doing is making a folder and download everything first.

What you are gonna need:
Conquer Online 2.0(duh)
I believe anything pre-4331 will work but I used the Conquer1207 installer.

Tortoise SVN:

The Nov 3 DB:

PostgreSQL:

DotNet Framework:
If you already have this don't worry about it.

So, now you have downloaded everything I would begin by installing the DotNet Framework. I would maybe bookmark this page for quick reference because you will need to restart once the .Net Framework is complete. Once that is installed I would install Tortoise SVN, this is what you download the server with.

Tortoise SVN tutorial:
Once you have it installed you are going to need to make another folder within your big downloads folder mentioned before. Call it something along the lines of COEMU.
Now that you have that folder you should right click it and then click SNV Checkout.
The address for the COEMU repository is:
Make sure you put 15 in beside the word revision.
Then Click ok

After that finishes downloading, you should now install PostgreSQL. It is pretty strait forward, it will make an account for it to use you just need to give it a password when it asks. Just keep the database connections at its defaults.

Open up windows explorer
Go to Tools->Folder Options->View->Advanced Settings
Scroll to the bottom of the list and uncheck Use Simple File Sharing
~Please note: If you are sharing files on a network and a machine running 98/95 needs them simple file sharing must be enabled~
Click ok

Now you will need to make these folders:
C:\COFullDB
C:\COFullDB\Main
C:\COFullDB\Main\AuthTables
C:\COFullDB\Main\CharacterData
C:\COFullDB\Main\Indexes
C:\COFullDB\Main\OtherData

Go to your C: Drive and right click COFullDB
click Properties->Security
Under the list of groups and usernames click the button Labeled "Add"
Now in the textbox type the name of the postgresql account. If default it will be postgre.
Click Check names to be sure. If its right it will add your computer name and a slash to it. If not a window will pop up with a bunch of options. Just cancel it again and check the account name.
Click OK
Click the bux under Allow next to Full Control.

~~! Note: I did this with XP Pro I am not sure if you can do this in Home. If you aren't able to do this or just don't to go through all that log onto the prosgre account and make the folders using that account. Any changes you might do to these folders will need to be done by the postgre account. !~~

If you made the folders in the postgre account do this from there. You probably don't have to, but just to be safe.

!!!!!! POSTGRESQL IS CASE SENSITIVE !!!!!!

Open up pgAdmin III, and double click on the only server under "Servers". It will prompt you for your password. Enter it and click ok.

Now you need to right click TableSpaces and click new tablespace.
In the window that just poped, you need to put in this information:
Name: co_AuthTables
click ok

If a message poped up saying "could not set permission on directory". The easiest thing to do is just delete COFullDB folder and remake it signed in as the postgre account. Then try making the table spaces again.

Now do it again for these 3 other tablespaces

1. Name: co_CharacterData
1. Location: C:\COFullDB\Main\CharacterData

2. Name: co_MainData
2. Location: C:\COFullDB\Main\OtherData

3. Name: co_Indexes
3. Location: C:\COFullDB\Main\Indexes

Hopefully by this point you were like me and were really into getting this working, but if by now you think you are in over your head you might want to stop. A fair warning is this, it took me a good 5 hours or more to finally get it all up and running and just being able to get to char creation.

Ok, so now you have your tablespaces made. Now you are going to need to restore the COEMU database.

Right click Databases and select new database. The only thing you need to enter is the name.

This is very important, it HAS TO BE "Conquer" (without quotes).

Now that the Conquer DB has been created, you will need to right click it and select restore.
Click the "..." next to the filename textbox and browse for the .backup of the Nov 3 DB.
Click ok and let it do its work. Don't close it after its done. At the very bottom there should be an error count. If you have a number around 5-7 you probably messed up your table spaces some how.

You will need to delete them and remake them. To delete them you will first need to stop the Postre Service. Then you will need to log into the Postgre account and delete everything inside the 4 folders inside C:\COFullDB\Main. Now start the service back up and redo the restore. This time around there will be a crap load of errors because a lot of the stuff its doing is already there and done.

If the first time you did the restore you got 1 error you did good. It worked and it only freaked cause a default language was already there.

Now that you have that set up you will need to find your ip. this is very easy all you will need to do is open up command prompt and type in ipconfig. I would leave that window up if you don't have a very good memory for IP addresses.

Ok go back to pgAdmin III expand the conquer database.
Goto Schemas->public->Tables
Click servers click on the icon at the top that looks like a little data table. It's tool tip will say "View the data in the selected object".
Now what you are going to need to do is change the ip address beside Donna. Double click it and type in your ip address. Click the button that looks like a floppy (it writes that data to the database).
Close out of that window.

Now do the same thing with the Account table.
This time you will be adding a row. To do this just change the values of the row labeled with a * on the far left. Just add your account name.
If you want GM powers put the value 8 in the column called Flags.
Click the floppy again and close the window.
When you log into the server the password you use becomes the password that will be in the database.

Now, if you've done everything right you are done with the database. You can close pgAdmin III.

Right now, I'd take a short break. Maybe get something to drink. But, hopefully it's almost over.

Now make these folders:
C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0_b\ini

put GameMap.dat from C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0\ini into C:\Program Files\Conquer 2.0_b\ini

Now you are going to need to edit your Server.dat The values will be like this:

Code:
Server1=Donna
Ip1=<your ip>
ServerName1=Donna
HintWord1= 
Pic1=servericon54
Now you need to go the folder where you downloaded the server from the SVN. Go the bin folder then to the Release folder.
Now make a new .txt file and put the following lines into it then rename it to run.bat.
Code:
"CO Full Server.exe"
Pause
This is just incase the server has a problem and it shutdown. The command prompt will wait for you to hit a key to close.

Now you will need to edit your Config.ini. The code will be like this:
Code:
[Database]
DBname= postgres
Password= <your db password>

[Server]
Default-IP=<your ip>
Pserver1-IP=<your ip>
Now all you have to do is execute run.bat.

Hopefully your cmd prompt will look something like this:

Code:
Connecting with Database Name: postgres
Connecting with Database Password: *******
Database Connect: Successful
Loaded:21884 items from DB.
Loaded:201 NPC Spawns Locations from DB.
Loaded:7 Monster Stats from DB.
Loaded:34 Portals from DB.
If it gets stuck in a loop about the db server the username or password in the Config.ini are wrong.

If it crashes while its loading anything from the DB your table spaces are screwed up you will need to redo the whole database.

If while logging into the server it disconnects you and says something about the auth tables your table spaces are messed up and you will need to redo the whole database.

If when you create your character it disconnects you instead of saying character created don't worry its just being stupid.

If when you login you aren't your character its supose to be that way. Just attack the character you are supose to be. This is called selecting, its a neat idea props to the COEMU guys.

If when you login there is nothing there just the selecter char you are using a client that is too new (post-4331).

Final note. I got tired of loging in and out of accounts on my computer so I made a virtual machine. If you are lucky enough to know how to use VMware go for it. If you have no clue what that is forget it. Don't whine that something isn't working. Everything here plus probably more that I foregot happened, happened when I first tried to get the server working. Just look through this thread it has lots of answers.

And please don't forget the search... It's your friend.

As of when I wrote this (1/6/2007) their website was still down. So yea... I hope this tutorial helps some.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/31/2007, 18:20   #2

What is the SVN password plz?
Old 04/01/2008, 02:52   #3

the nov ? i need it on the step and the link its wrong :s ?
Old 04/04/2008, 08:27   #4

I log in, and it says Unable to Connect to Game Server.

run.bat was successful and connected.

Do I need to forward router ports?

Oh, heres the DB i used:
Old 04/30/2008, 21:10   #5

heh he forgot in his quide that u have to make in Postgre admin role nammed conquer or u will get errors when u restoring the DB

Quote:
If it gets stuck in a loop about the db server the username or password in the Config.ini are wrong.
well to not forgot I got these 2 files
Quote:
"CO Full Server.exe"
pause
Quote:
"CO Full Server.exe" >> Err_log.txt
pause
btw why I cant BUILD it up ?? Visual Studio 2005 Express
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2008, 00:00   #6

CoEmu is shitm go code your own Server
Old 05/01/2008, 02:07   #7

yeah coemu sucks xD
Old 05/01/2008, 14:40   #8

hmm I gave up its so messed propably will try later again
(to build some server)
maybe after (2)year at holiday time
Old 05/01/2008, 19:01   #9

Wall of lines :|
Old 05/06/2008, 18:20   #10

elite*gold: 111
Im gettn this error when i run CoFullServer.exe
Could not start database with that Username/password combination
Database connect: Sucsessfull
I know i wrote right user/pass so what cn i do?
install postgress again n add new pass?
Old 06/04/2008, 10:24   #11

nice but the database backup link* is invalid could some one please fix??
thanks
Old 12/06/2008, 15:29   #12

elite*gold: 20
it would be nice if some1 could upload a new DB link?
Old 02/05/2010, 09:55   #13

elite*gold: 20
Bump... need the DB backup please