Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 02:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PC shutdown commands xD<< very useful

Discussion on PC shutdown commands xD<< very useful within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
this is not a hack, tool, bot..... etc.

Anyone ever have the problem where parents give out to you for leaving your pc on at night? well here is a solution ive been using (and since i couldnt find anything like it here i said id post). well first of all to all the people out there that are great with computers and prob know this already im guessing there are other people who dont. It is a pretty simple idea, anyways here's how to do it:

1. log on your co or whatever you wish to leave running (a download or w/e)

2. open the command console ( those using windows xp (my one anyways) the command console can be found in Start&#092;All Programs&#092;Accessories&#092;Command Prompt)

3. when this is open type in this command "shutdown -i" (this will open up a window asking for details bla bla)

4. first off their is a box with add remove and browse to the right click on add

5. now we want to add your FULL computer name to the list. (dont know your full computer name, right click on My Computer (making sure its not a shortcut) click on the tab called computer name and you should see directly across from Full Computer name, the name of your computer copy and paste that to the add part and click ok)

6. next box is what we want the computer(s) to do well we just choose shutdown because we dont want anyone knowing that it was left on xD

7. id advise leave the warn users of the action box ticked so you can see the countdown

8. now the display warning sign is the length of time you want the pc to stay on. its in seconds and i know its so annoying to just use the calculator (or for really smary people their brains) to work out that;
3600 seconds = 1 hour
2700 seconds = 45 mins
1800 seconds = 30 mins
900 seconds = 15 mins
60 seconds = 1 min
ya and basicall you work out how long you want the pc to stay on in seconds and put that into that box

9. as for shutdown event tracker leave the option part the same and put w/e you want into the Comment part (yes you have to put at least one letter&#092;number...)

10. Click ok and a warning sign will pop up on screen telling you how long is left

11. (OPTIONAL) if you screw up your times there is a command to cancel all this the command is "shutdown -a"

and anyone wishing to flame me, for step 8 put in 1 and carry on and click ok before you start your flaming

Anyways i thought id contribute to this place since so many people are complaing about how noobs dont post (me being one) but just remember the noobs with low post counts arent flamers ;P

any karma if you want to give me any is appreciated

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=THANK YOU!!!' border='0' alt='THANK YOU!!!' />
Old 01/06/2007, 03:12   #2

wtf is this 0_0 should this even be in the guide section I mean anyone want to point out to me how this can ever be remotely useful in CO?
Old 01/06/2007, 03:14   #3

+k
Old 01/06/2007, 03:16   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by xthinhx@Jan 6 2007, 03:12
wtf is this 0_0 should this even be in the guide section I mean anyone want to point out to me how this can ever be remotely useful in CO?
i use it mainly for co its only cause my parents frown at the pc being left on over night and i get a lecture if they see it this is a simple way without d/l anything to get the pc to shutdown. and im sorry if this doesnt work for you but it works for me and i only use it with co its true it can be used for anything but i use it for co and thought it might help someone sry if it annoys you
Old 01/06/2007, 03:20   #5

elite*gold: 20
Love this guide, My parents dont stop me, But sometimes I go to like an Internet Cafe or something, and want my PC to be shut down at a certain time, I normally ask family to, And last time I done that, I came back 3 days later, My PC was still running -.- Anyways +k
Old 01/06/2007, 03:23   #6

glad to see people interested if you've any problems with a step just pm me and ill try get back to you asap
thanks
Old 01/06/2007, 03:30   #7

ic ic ty for informing me =D but i dont have that problem lol my comp runs 24/7 =p
Old 01/06/2007, 04:32   #8

HAHA~!!!!! yes!!! finally i know how they do that!!!
at my library they always do that... now i know how to cancle it! xDDD will test it out +k
Old 02/14/2007, 12:42   #9

great guide, really comes in handy before your parents come home from night shift xD
Old 02/14/2007, 15:58   #10

Download "switch off" program... and it will shut down/restart/log off/hibernate/more on time and date which u choose... u can also set lock your pc 5 days later at 23:34:59
With this program u dont need any edit etc and thats free

)
Old 02/14/2007, 22:16   #11

Awesome, I got the same parent problem tnx +k
Old 02/15/2007, 17:55   #12

shutdown -s -t

-s (shutdown)
-t time in seconds

example : shutdown -s -t 600 the personal computer will be forced to shut down in 600 seconds!
Old 02/15/2007, 18:22   #13

Um, search? I already made a shutdown timer (points at sig)
Old 02/21/2007, 00:37   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by pokey2+Feb 15 2007, 18:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pokey2 @ Feb 15 2007, 18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Um, search? I already made a shutdown timer (points at sig) [/b]

lol check the dates and instead YOU SEARCH lol i was only explaining how to do it without downloading anything therefore not having to take a risk of keyloggers... etc. and btw this was posted before yours was

thechaoshydra~ ya i get ya there but i like my way ehhehe

<hr>Append on Feb 21 2007, 00:52<hr><!--QuoteBegin--Nando
@Feb 14 2007, 15:58
Download "switch off" program... and it will shut down/restart/log off/hibernate/more on time and date which u choose... u can also set lock your pc 5 days later at 23:34:59
With this program u dont need any edit etc and thats free

)
[/quote]
lol nice but i said without downloading anything hehehe
btw all its a fun trick to do on a friends pc esp when he doesnt know wtf is happening putting in a message like

"Due to major bullshit put through this pc, the system has been forced to shut down for a period of 8- 10 weeks in which one of our technicians shall come and repair your fuckups. for more information call free phone 0800 bullshit"

i dont know use your imginations xD
Old 02/21/2007, 05:49   #15

Very Very Very Nice You rock, I got the same prob, and seeing as my Dad made it so that I only get 3 hours of internet a day on weekdays (It shuts off for mine) On weekends, I like to leave it on, well, he gets very mad when I do, xD, Thanks +1K for you ^^