Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 08:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How did you get into Archlord?

Discussion on How did you get into Archlord? within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/03/2016, 18:33   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleau View Post
Lead Rebirth Gaiahon

mick666 brumhart lead lesviocskools (quebec)
Yes thanks it was on gaihon ^^ I remember it cz it was the first time i logged in archlord that i saw that name In green.
Old 06/18/2016, 17:52   #32

Crazy how people are still hanging on to Archlord! was a great game of its time! Still remember alot of the names mentioned on this post, always thought scarface got banned due to duping :L (no offence intended)
Old 06/18/2016, 19:36   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughish View Post
Crazy how people are still hanging on to Archlord! was a great game of its time! Still remember alot of the names mentioned on this post, always thought scarface got banned due to duping :L (no offence intended)
Its unique thats why
Old 06/19/2016, 17:13   #34

whats the most popular private server these days?
Old 06/19/2016, 22:31   #35

there is only one atm (if we wont count classic-al)
Old 06/20/2016, 02:11   #36

elite*gold: 53115
A Friend found the Game Archlord in 2008, we played togehter 1/2 Year.
We was fast addict, every day after school until night. The whole weekend.
He Stopped after that half year.
I continued playing and found a very familar Guild "LunariS". There was really really nice people.

After reaching "pvp lvl" (about lvl45 idk) i went to PKU4Life
but always hold the contact to LunariS.

Actually i have still contact with one PKU4Life CM Member "Syonera" Mage,
and two of Lunaris. ("Bolterus" Sorc and "Lutscha72" Zerk)

Dat memories.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2016, 21:41   #37

I started in 2006 or whenever the game came out and played till like 2013? On and off in those periods because of sports. My dad bough two physical copies at walmart because the game looked cool.

I started off on gaiahon I think where I saw huge guilds like EyesofWar, NewXposed, and such. I made a moonelf and my first in game friend was Sakura a moonelf ranger. Seeing the high levels in tullan made me jealous and want to level. I remember seeing high level players like
Hell, Juggs, Titanium, Arcane (Mage in EoW?) those are just a few I remember.

I then jumped on to Evergarda when that came out. I joined Hykren's guild for a while "Warlords" maybe? Something with a W, and then I had some fall outs with Hykren, Muffins, Plox/Skittles because I was young and PVP orientated. I then moved onto ROGUE with Chained, Muggs, Nexus, and a couple of others. The highest point was taking Tullan for a week with Mindbomb as our leader. This was where I had the most fun and made friends I am still in contact with today. And also not in contact with a couple of people I wish I still was. And on an even more sad of a note Chained my long time AL buddy passed away a couple of years ago.

Then when Cyprius the PVP server came out I made a knight and was one of the highest levels for about the first month and then all my sporting seasons took flight.

Then Webzen came out and I only played on and off because I wasn't a fan of the new Episodes. And all I ever did was sell and trade accounts because I would grow bored of spending money to level up, only wanted to PVP.

Archlord is definitely one of the best games I have ever played and the game had so much potential. But rushed Episodes and poor game owners ruined it and now it shall lay in peace. I keep hoping to check forums one day and see that Codemasters is buying it back and starting the game over from scratch.. but sadly that day will never come.
Old 07/17/2016, 23:35   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3ak3rs View Post
I started in 2006 or whenever the game came out and played till like 2013? On and off in those periods because of sports. My dad bough two physical copies at walmart because the game looked cool.

I started off on gaiahon I think where I saw huge guilds like EyesofWar, NewXposed, and such. I made a moonelf and my first in game friend was Sakura a moonelf ranger. Seeing the high levels in tullan made me jealous and want to level. I remember seeing high level players like
Hell, Juggs, Titanium, Arcane (Mage in EoW?) those are just a few I remember.

I then jumped on to Evergarda when that came out. I joined Hykren's guild for a while "Warlords" maybe? Something with a W, and then I had some fall outs with Hykren, Muffins, Plox/Skittles because I was young and PVP orientated. I then moved onto ROGUE with Chained, Muggs, Nexus, and a couple of others. The highest point was taking Tullan for a week with Mindbomb as our leader. This was where I had the most fun and made friends I am still in contact with today. And also not in contact with a couple of people I wish I still was. And on an even more sad of a note Chained my long time AL buddy passed away a couple of years ago.

Then when Cyprius the PVP server came out I made a knight and was one of the highest levels for about the first month and then all my sporting seasons took flight.

Then Webzen came out and I only played on and off because I wasn't a fan of the new Episodes. And all I ever did was sell and trade accounts because I would grow bored of spending money to level up, only wanted to PVP.

Archlord is definitely one of the best games I have ever played and the game had so much potential. But rushed Episodes and poor game owners ruined it and now it shall lay in peace. I keep hoping to check forums one day and see that Codemasters is buying it back and starting the game over from scratch.. but sadly that day will never come.
Great story. Sorry for your loss. I wish I had kept in contact with the friends I made as well. Maybe it's too late for Archlord, maybe not. Some of us can only hope, which is more than enough and few of us with the resources can work hard to prove it can still be saved.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/21/2016, 14:07   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3ak3rs View Post
I keep hoping to check forums one day and see that Codemasters is buying it back and starting the game over from scratch.. but sadly that day will never come.
Well, a whole bunch of older games are poping out in Steam. And lots of players are joining them.
I dont think Codemasters will buy the game back, but maybe another company focused on older games will someday.
Old 07/21/2016, 14:36   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc4rf4c3 View Post
Well, a whole bunch of older games are poping out in Steam. And lots of players are joining them.
I dont think Codemasters will buy the game back, but maybe another company focused on older games will someday.
I would hope so but I believe it's very unlikely. I've done some research and even the engine license costs like $250.000 + some more per programmer. I would imagine the game itself would cost quite a bit as well. You may think that price is insane but considering how much MMORPGs make it's nothing for big companies. I don't think any sane company would risk that much money considering how low the popularity of the game currently is. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 08/04/2016, 11:09   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldonx View Post
I got 20 boxes around somewhere. Good times.

Friend recommended the game in 2006. 10 years later and I'm still browsing Al related forums lel.
I feel with you: once Archlord - always Archlord.
I think its just a matter of time when we return. I already returned 2 times for half a year then quit again...

The reason I started playing AL, leads back to when a friend watched the movie BenX and was totally dedicated about the game. So I gave it a try and well here I am now...

special greets to you voldy

Just realized I just did my first post here. WoW, how did I even get here?
Some recognize me as Erebos, the real and only one. Hope we can spend some time together in future days.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2016, 12:04   #42

My Story is pretty simple
I was a kid, tired of playing console games , I wanted to play with people, so I asked my bro if he could find some good online game, he found Archlord, we started playing it together, we had tons of fun, it was epic times, Archlord conquered us, and since then(2006), we are attached to this game with nostalgia, and playing it is a different feeling rather playing other mmorpgs, brings us good old times^^
Thanks
1 User