Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 20:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can't play AL anymore.

Discussion on Can't play AL anymore. within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Can't play AL anymore.

So yeah I created this topic in the Webzen forums but haven't gotten help so far, so I'm wondering if the brilliant minds over here in epvp can help. So I copied the whole thread and posted it here aswell, so thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me about putting this to work

"So yeah, first of all I'm sorry for another thread like this since these have been running rampage, I tried not creating this topic from the beggining cuz of this very reason, so I tried to ask some of the V's themselves for help, but none could actually help. Thanks a lot anyways guys I know if you could, you'd help.

So basically after the new install I can't run the game anymore with the same graphic settings I had on the previous install.
Please bare in mind that I downloaded and installed the game 6 times by now so it can't be an error that occurs from the installing itself.

The problem itself is that I try to open AL with window mode OFF and when it was supposed to reach the "Webzen" white loading screen, it shows a like lightish blue color on all my monitor, and it's like its frozen, I can't use the task manager, go to windows, etc, my only option is rebooting. I didn't install any software nor updated/deleted/modified/whatever any of my drivers or something that could screw up the game being played.

What I find odd is that I can run the game with those previous graphic settings but with window mode ON, but no, I don't want to play AL in window, cuz it is too slow I've tried it several times before (which is odd aswell but nvm that's not the issue right now).

So I just want to know how can't I run AL without window but I can run it windowed with same graphic settings, since in the earlier install before all these changes I was able to do it without any problem at all.

Thanks a lot again to the V's who tried to help, and thanks in advance to everyone who can help at all or posts any helping comment."
Cheers
Old 04/07/2011, 11:33   #2

post your computer settings too
Old 04/07/2011, 12:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P!tch View Post
post your computer settings too
My computer settings shouldn't be of importance since, as I stated, I could play with the same settings aswell on the old install, but hey anything that can help you guys help me
Maybe this way is easier than writting

PS: yeah BADDD computer I know
Old 04/07/2011, 12:39   #4

u tried with all gfx on "low" mode?
Old 04/07/2011, 13:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by P!tch View Post
u tried with all gfx on "low" mode?
Yes I tried with the game settings at "Speed", with Low textures but it didn't help at all. The pic I put there regarding the graphic settings on the game was the one I used on the old install and it worked.

Now the only thing that actually works is starting it with Window Mode ON, but as you have read, I don't want it that way, I wouldn't mind playing with Speed/Low settings aswell, just want to play with Window Mode OFF, but either way, I can't start the game with window mode off.
Old 04/07/2011, 13:13   #6

prd0x , put texture on high and try to start game.
Old 04/07/2011, 13:32   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joca554 View Post
prd0x , put texture on high and try to start game.
Window mode ON/OFF and other setting you want me to change or just the texture to high?
Old 04/07/2011, 13:44   #8

Well tried with textures in High settings, and the rest I let it be as I usually use them (see the pic in the comments above) but the lightish blue screen (where the white Webzen loading screen should be) appeared and froze my computer, as usual.

And btw sorry about the double post :l
Old 04/07/2011, 14:07   #9

What if you press "Enter" when u see the light blue screen? Sometimes when I start AL without windowed mode and GameGuard fail to connect it gives an error message that I cant see, but hitting Enter closes the game. (Hight chance that won't be the solution for you, because you use Xp but i would try it.)
Old 04/07/2011, 14:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by botpet View Post
What if you press "Enter" when u see the light blue screen? Sometimes when I start AL without windowed mode and GameGuard fail to connect it gives an error message that I cant see, but hitting Enter closes the game. (Hight chance that won't be the solution for you, because you use Xp but i would try it.)
Hi there botpet, partied and chatted to you a bit ingame when the scions were out since you and me created one at the same time ^^
Doesn't work, when I first "got" that the blue screen froze my computer I tried to click anywhere with the mouse, tried enter/escape/space/windows keys, and none worked.

Tried to use the task manager aswell, but it didn't work either
Old 04/08/2011, 02:02   #11

your not missing much if you dont play AL
Old 04/08/2011, 02:19   #12

u got like no ram =[ i had x5 that. Anyways set the button to speed.

Download gamebooster:

Clean ur pc in 5 mins with Ccleaner:

Last Resort: redownload game if above fails to get game working again, if you have UAC on (user account control) turn it off =]
Old 04/08/2011, 04:16   #13

Gamebooster messed up my system, now it is more laggy than ever before :P Maybe because of new client has some graphic improvements?
Ccleaner is good and i can recommend you.
@ prd0x:
Yes I remember you How is your scion? ^^
You get BSOD (blue screen of death) or something else? If you get BSOD you should note the error message and maybe you can post that in here (or search on google).
Old 04/08/2011, 19:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerklown View Post
your not missing much if you dont play AL
Well I still miss it though, idk why, I just miss it that's the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgizle View Post
u got like no ram =[ i had x5 that. Anyways set the button to speed.

Download gamebooster:

Clean ur pc in 5 mins with Ccleaner:

Last Resort: redownload game if above fails to get game working again, if you have UAC on (user account control) turn it off =]
Having no ram isn't the problem, since I could play AL before with the same ram memory :P
Gamebooster didn't help at all cuz the lightish blue screen appeared and froze my computer (as usual)
I use CCleaner A LOT so no help there :P
I won't redownloaded the game for a 7th time, and I'm using XP so no UAC for me ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by botpet View Post
Gamebooster messed up my system, now it is more laggy than ever before :P Maybe because of new client has some graphic improvements?
Ccleaner is good and i can recommend you.
@ prd0x:
Yes I remember you How is your scion? ^^
You get BSOD (blue screen of death) or something else? If you get BSOD you should note the error message and maybe you can post that in here (or search on google).
Did it really have some graphic improvements? No one told me that, or it wasn't specified in Webzen's website aswell :\ and when I go in WINDOWED it seems to be the same as ever :P
Well my scion is dead now :P the most fun I had was at the start of it, cuz I didn't like it that much :P seems like you didn't level your one aswell :P
And thankfully no BSOD here ^^ (yet :x)
Old 04/08/2011, 20:04   #15

Mine is Lv39 with a kark, but no priority on him/her/or what is he/she/it.
I sent you a PM.

Tags
archlord, ideas, problem