Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Ace Online / AirRivals
You last visited: Today at 01:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AirRivals:Changes against gamedying!

Discussion on AirRivals:Changes against gamedying! within the Ace Online / AirRivals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation AirRivals:Changes against gamedying!

Hello community

I wrote already a similar topic nearly one year ago. It is sad how fast things past away, espacally in that game here and nothing has been changed. Just for a short time after my appel. This time i will write it in simply english, so that EVERYBODY can or has the chance, to understand my matter. But you can trust me that it is not just me thinking like that. I am speaking for a lot of people who love the real game, but do not have an account here or do not have the courage to discuss about the problems WE ALL deny the whole time.
First: I suggest to change the topic for those who can not see the reality. But i can recommend the following letters....

Sometimes i realy ask me about you guys (develper/server owner): ARE YOU KIDDING ME?...Realy, are you kidding me?! Just let me get this straight: You all do have the knowledge to set up and create a server and what is the result of it? The same server garbage as we do have already about 10 of it on the market, point! That is like "Oh that guy drives a Bentley in silver?..Just let us buy one in white, it is sure completely different.."..Oh no no, there ar not that many differences between yours and an other server which you guys always announce on your mainpage. Sure there are self create weapons, maps and armors. That much work for that irrelevant settings, excuse me for saying that, but shall i show you something?:

-Mostly Free level 110 or 123
-Mostly Free SPI (Money)
-Normal and hyper evasion|defense cards
-Mostly E16 or higher the enchat limit (Enchat cards e14/e12 payable for cash)
-Mostly EP 3.5 or 4. basicsettings

Yes! Thank you, perhaps some attentive persons have noticed something.The most important settings which makes the game realy different from others, do not excist on any server! And that is the point ladies and gentlemen! Anyone still do not get it? The list exaclty inclouds these things which are responsible for beeing different

-Limit level 100 or 110 (Yes I am informed about the problems with the files because level 100)
-Normal armors of EP 2.5
-Limit enchat e12 (Former weapons on airrivals/sco were maximal on that enchat level with some rare exceptions)
-EP2 map system (The fightrate is noticeable higher)
-No evasion & defense cards, neither the hyper

But the excuses why it is "not possible" to create makes me blaffed: Argue about the money and the invests. Hahah men men the truth is another one
Dear developers: To be honest, some of you just create servers to earn money and NOT just for an entertainment for the users, is it not? But you just do not think like a "real" business man:
One server with that settings will bring you more old users which will be ready to donate than new users which will quite because the game is completely different.

Sure there is the SPI and level rate. But is it not normal to grind? Is it not normal to earn the game money while getting higher in experience and level? That all with higher ground rates? Is it not more interesting? I think it is and i am sure mostly of your have the same opinion...
MasangSoft,Gameforg4D and Subagames destroyed our game with the updates. But you do have the chance to make something against that commercial:

I am asking the server owners: Why do you not create together a server like the earliere times? Why do not be different as the other ones?! I just do not get it why you are still blindet!Because mostly users you search are oldschool players which are changing every second month the server in hope to find a better one. But they are waiting for a server like earlier days from SpaceCowboyOnline or AirRivals EP2 ...not that rubbish like nowadays..

I would realy think about that if your are interest to revive the airrivals community. If not, sooner or later these servers will ending the airrivals era...

Greetings
TheResurrection
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/17/2013, 22:47   #2

elite*gold: 338
A game is like a human beeing. It changes all the time. You can't just stop developing because that will cause a loss of players. You need to hold the game interessting. If somebody starts a "old time" server there wouldn't be a lot of players.
Old 12/18/2013, 17:33   #3

You are right with the game developing. But i will show you an other comparison between an human beeing and a game:

A human beeing is not virtual. You are not a company prodcut with the ambition to bring in money. You on your own decide how you will change in your life.
Example: If you try to search the person of you life or a girlfriend/boyfriend, you try to be attractive. But you shall be still the same person. If not, sooner or later she/he will leave you..And that is what i mean with airrivals

SCO/airrivlas was created for the joy of the user, like every other game. It stands to reason that the company needs the means to earn some money for the developing.
Now the comparison: airrivals has been changing a lot in that 5 years to be attractive, but it is not the same game anymore. The ambition and basicsettings are completelty different. Many user left the game because these changes.

I can tell you about oldschool server i played on. One of them was ep2realoaded. The developer worked with an other guy togehter wich had the original files of episode2 (Yes they are still somewhere and not broken). On the first 3 days we had more oldschool and new user than other server together. Just for saying that.
Unfortunately, they had a difference of opinion and the other guy wiped the server... But i think that should be enough to show you there are still enough player with that attitude.

Greetings
TheResurrection
Old 12/19/2013, 16:07   #4

i want an old-sever
Old 12/19/2013, 19:08   #5

I see, another one who is writing with the same attitude
Old 12/20/2013, 16:00   #6

Ok guys.

I mean i can understand your topic but the point ist that there are not enough players who want to play on a "old-school" server and the second point is that a public 24/7 server is very expensive if you want to let the game run without laggs. So you need to get some money from the players and if there aren't any you got big costs. The new files, you would need for a good server, are expensive too.

So considering the fact that money is important for developing a server, you need to act like a company and think about what you could do to pay your costs.
Old 12/20/2013, 18:16   #7

Bring back Battlegears with almost same rates/stats etc. like it had. Only few small changes. It was best the server ever...everything was fine balanced. Lvl 100 was fast and after that (before MD/IA) it took long to grind to lvl 110. 2h EXP /1h WP HH. During WP HH Arena was full. Usually 3 teams per nation waited for 12 v 12. Everything was gained via WP. Alot of wars, active nations and no need for DGA (we had maybe 5 in 3 Months). No donate items, no broken stuff, no credit whores. Rebuild it, add Membership for Cash. increase the base WP rewards so Membership will give more advantages. Same for exp. Dont increase SPI drop buy much and you gonna have a server where spi is worth something. This way you "must" buy membership and you can keep the server alive.

R.I.P. Battlegears
Old 12/20/2013, 21:06   #8

There are still as more as enough player with the same mind as we do have. I have seen that on BattleGears, i have seen that on X-rivals. I know what i am talking about. There we almost had the same user number as on the golden days of Skyfighter.

We always talk about the invests, now again:

You never can make a profit when you create a server with almost the same settings as the other 20 garbage server outhere. That can not work that is logic (?!). Why do have Skyfighter/ DarkRivals and all the others sometimes problems with the costs/user? --> Almost the same settings on to many server insteat of ONE.

But if you create that one solid server like BattleGears/ X-Rivals/ EP2-Reloaded for example, without the evasion/defense cards and the basicsettings from 2.5, there will be enough user for donating the server. Mostly of us do have just enough from the "new kind of fight". Kit and hide, best equipment-win duels and NO SKILL, that is the airrivals of today that is fact!

Greetings

TheRessurection
Old 12/22/2013, 08:28   #9

Hi,

I am new here, I have tried this game after seeing many entertaining videos on youtube, and I wanted to share my experience with everyone here interested in this game.
First of all it took me ages to download the installer, and even after the installation, it took me again ages to update the launcher. More or less 1 day with a decent connection.
But that was not the end of it, because I still had error msgs and so on, so anyway after reading the forum, I could find a fix.
Not a very good start to say the least.
But anyway, I started to play and realized how different it was from the video, how repetitive it was (killing crabs-like monsters), and a bit stupid.
Anyway as I'm familiar with MMO, I know you need time to acquire items, experience, skills, grind is part of the process.
I also noticed that in order to acquire certain items, you needed to get warpoints by winning events, but also pay with your own money (which is fine by me). But the truth is and that is quite a shame, you need to "gamble" to get good equipments, without even knowing the % of success. This is not even legal in many countries !
You can end up wasting a lot of money for nothing.
And that's not even the end of it.
I also found out, that the game team gave totally broken equipments to a few individuals who "own" this game
See below

Those equipments make them virtually unkillable and dominate everything.
Despite bringing this pb (occuring for more than a year) to the team, they haven't changed anything and have been quite rude (I'm new I don't know anything, etc etc).
Also by reading the forums, I have seen many threads about those equipments, a lot of negativity, laxism, lack of judgements, stupidity, trolling that makes this game, this community in particuliar a very bad environment to play.
You can see those threads here

And the response from their Community Manager speaks volume : "Deal with it"

I therefore strongly recommend anyone who might be interested in this game to "Deal with it" and to not even waste their time downloading it

THank you.
Old 12/23/2013, 12:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheResurrection View Post
Why do have Skyfighter/ DarkRivals and all the others sometimes problems with the costs/user?
^^ They don't have any problems with money. They are just lazy.
Old 12/23/2013, 12:07   #11

Mostly arguments you wrote are right, but the problem wer are talking about are not the official server. One thing to the Community Manager: it is right since ThePit took the lead many people left the server. But you missed the days with Emerelle. She was CoMA before ThePit took place on her seat because she was mobbed out the team but mostly gamers respect her, she had an ear for our favour...

At the beginning it is normal that you have to shoot low monster and so on, that game concept is still the same.But when we talk about fights, nowadays and the former days are not comparable. And that is why i am talking about like a server which is going back to the roots...

I hope i could help you

Greetings

TheRessurection

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwave8 View Post
^^ They don't have any problems with money. They are just lazy.
And how they do have problems But your fact is another truth.
The user rate once was over 1'000, now they are about 200-400 or something. If it changed already again, then i missed something. But we had an amusant discussion once on our teamspeak about that.

Greetings

TheRessurection