Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 02:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question on MMO server files.

Discussion on Question on MMO server files. within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Question on MMO server files.

Hello all.

Im just wanting to ask any programmers out there or anyone who understands this.

Where do people manage to find server files from MMO's? Like, for example, WoW. They are loads of private servers for wow because someone managed to obtain server files but how do they do it? Why isnt 9D like that already?

Just a question of curiosity. Thanks
Old 09/02/2012, 04:27   #2

Most WoW Private servers are run off an emulator program.. This includes the databases, etc.. How people get them/make them I cannot answer
Old 09/02/2012, 05:25   #3

90% bought from bad GM ... 10% of hacked ...
Old 09/02/2012, 05:46   #4

Ah ok >< fair enough. Thanks!
Old 09/02/2012, 07:56   #5

i want to know where the hell the ppl got the files i only know about the hexpor files and seems like the people got something what we dont have
Old 09/02/2012, 08:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik_gray View Post
i want to know where the hell the ppl got the files i only know about the hexpor files and seems like the people got something what we dont have
this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {VN Coder} View Post
90% bought from bad GM ... 10% of hacked ...

But regarding the OP's question, many a emulator was built from scratch. It's easier when the client-server "communication protocol" is somewhat sane. With cryptic and mind bending ones by mentally deranged devs it's a whole different ball game...

But in the end it always comes down to how many man hours you're willing to put into it.
Thanks
2 Users