Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

The Burning Crusade P.Server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Hello everyone,

I made this tutorial for my guild, in french, to help them playing The Burning Crusade Closed Beta on Forte's , Wansyth's and Wraithion's server.

Yew you want it, it's here

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Hello. This guide is made to help you play the Beta of The Burning Crusade without having a beta-key.

Follow the guide!

I) Presentation

II) Tutorial

III)How can I receive updates (patches) again?

IV) Problems and social rules about the server.

V) Questions & Problems.

VI) FAQ

I) Presentation

Hello, all. I'll give you instructions on hoe to set your BC files up, as well as how to play, on the server.

It's illegal to play the Burning Crusade Closed Beta without having a key, due to the following reasons:

- It's forbidden to have a private server.

- It's forbidden to play the closed Beta without their permission.

Avertisement:

Links in this guide are int he form of hxxp:// , which Emupedia requests. Therefore, you'll have to replace the xx with tt in order for the links to work.

Exclamination marks (&#33 indicate importance, as they are official downloads.
Arrows indicate a greater importance.

II) Tutorial

First stage: First of all, you will have to obtain the files in order to play. The files can be downloaded at this links, with their respective client versions. e.g. frFR, enUS, etc.

Officials Links:

Agree with the Terms of Use, and choose your respective language. However, be aware, that you won't be able to change the language after you've downloaded the files.

Then launch the Blizzard downloader, and after it's downloaded you got the installation files. Install the game by clicking on the installer.exe which is located in the folder where you downloaded the Install files to. After that, launch it.

You'll end up with this screen:

Enter some account information randomly, (Name of account + Password), you may enter any username and password that you want to enter, it doesn't matter.
You'll get a screen saying you're downloading something, (which is the new client/patch installer), and after it ends up at 100%, the Blizzard downloader will pop up again, making it available for you to download the next patch. At the moment, there's only one patch, but there will be more in the future, just insert a random name and password again to get another patch, if that occurs.
If you don't have a program called 'Notepad', you'll be needing it, download it here:

Notepad, Install it, and copy it to your Burning Crusade files: (For example:
C:\Program Files\Burning Crusade).

Look for the file realmlist.wtf, rightclick it, and search for the program Notepad to open it.
After that, you'll see this:

set realmlist beta.eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

Change it to:

set realmlist darktidegaming.com/

Save the changes.

Next, go to this site:

You'll be making your account here. Enter the information you want, and subscribe.

Now, you're ready to play!

Just launch the game, (launcher.exe or wow.exe) located in your BC directory, and enter the information you've just entered on that site. Cause that's your account information.

Read: Alls races are now availables ! But it could exist some bugs again.

III) How can I receive updates (patches) again?

In order to receive updates (patches) again, you must change the file realmlist.wtf with Notepad again. Replace the line with:

set realmlist beta.eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

Launch the game, enter any information, and you will be able to download the latest patches.realmlist.wtf after you're done with patching up, change the line back to:

set realmlist darktidegaming.com/

Your account and characters will still be there.

WARNING!

Before updating and getting new patches, it is wise TO WAIT and see what the developers say abiout the new patches, cause there's a HIGH POSSIBILITY, that their source doesn't work with the new patch anymore. this results in YOU NOT being ABLE to play the game anymore, without reinstalling the whole game, as there is now way to downgrade, UNTILL the developers adjusted the source and made it compatible with the new clients (patches)

IV) Problems and social rules about the server.

I have to remind you that you're playing on a private server, for this reason, you have to respect the developers, the server and the other people playing on it. You must behave yourself well against the other players, as well as not making the server to crash or spam with macro's, and respect the authors.

Also, this server is not compareable with Blizzard servers. Take in mind that you'll have lots of lag, serveral crashes a day and not all functions are working properly.

In addition, for our French friends, the names of Mobs will be in English, as well as the interface of the server (Panel JcJ, Inscriptions with the battle fields...).

At any moment, and if they would want to, the developers (Forte and Wraithion) have the right to kick you off the server and ban you. However, if you behave well, this all won't happen.

V) Questions & Problems

If you have questions about this guide, just reply in this thread and I'll gladly answer them all.
You can post your problems here, but also PM me or send me an email, if you would wish to do so. (My MSN address is available in my profile).

Of course, the FAQ will be updated and will have to be read carefully, as well as the other posts inthis thread, before putting questions, or announcing problems, so I don't have to answer the same problems over and over.

FAQ:

VI) FAQ :

Q: When I try to connect, the message " Unable to connect " appears, what is it ?
A: If you have this message, it could have 2 possibilities :
- The server is currently down, if it is, you only have to wait.
- You haven't enter the good account / password, or the Realmlist isn't the good. See in your realmlist if it is : set realmlist darktidegaming.com

Q: I have the message " disconnected from the server " immediatly after being connected. WTF ?
A: If you have this message, it's because the server is down or disabled. So, wait the server is up, you can't do anything to that.

Q: Wich version does the server supports ?
A: The server currently supports the version 5991 AND 6022, but KEEP THE 5991 VERSION IF YOU DIDN'T UPGRADE YET! The 6022 version crashes when you cast a spell, or die, etc. So, keep the 5991 version for the moment.

Q: Wich langue does the server supports ?
A: You can play with ALL LANGUES : enGB, enUS, frFR, deDE etc. The mobs names, quests etc. will be IN ENGLISH, because it depends of the server, not of your client ! But the descriptions of your spells, and a part of the Interface will be in the langue of your client.

Thanks to Emupedia for making it possible for me to write a good guide.

And most, after all, have fun playing the Burning Crusade

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich sag nur noch eins ....der server is net imma online ...man muss schon glück haben drauf zu kommen ...

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Thx
;P

Old   #3

^^ np...
aba kann von mir aus mal geschoben werden ^^
Old   #4

elite*gold: 40
kanns bitte einer auf deutsch übersetzen?
mfg

Old   #5

Kann mir einer helfen? Immer wenn ich mich einloggen will steht fehlgeschlagen was kann ich tun??
Old   #6

da tutoriel is von geklaut tz tzs man schmückt sich nicht mit fremden federn! :P
Old   #7

dan schreib wenigstens den link richtig -.-

Old   #8

@Shadowxellon
ich weis das das von emupedia is ...und steht ja auch da -.- hab ja nur den link für andere hier gepostet
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by Soluhe@Nov 16 2006, 17:46
@Shadowxellon
ich weis das das von emupedia is ...und steht ja auch da -.- hab ja nur den link für andere hier gepostet
ne da steht nur in bezug auf emupedia

Quote:

Thanks to Emupedia for making it possible for me to write a good guide.
und das sagt nicht aus das du das nicht geschrieben hast
Old   #10

thanks for this easy nice guide
Old   #11

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 4,764
Account Create Page does not work.