Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Wow Private server error - help pls.

Discussion on Wow Private server error - help pls. within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hello,

Installed a private server and I am running into this same error. I have tried different emu's to get the same error. The emu works fine on my old p4 but not on my amd 3800 (single core). The server crashes and gives this error when I ping the server or I try to connect to it.
Here is the error:

Thanks in advanced
Old 03/27/2006, 09:49   #2

elite*gold: 0
Hi

You mean you got this error on Multicore system? There is an known Problem with Hyperthreadding and WoWEmu.
Found this:
If you have HT technology here is a fix to run your emu:

1) Ok if you have HT technology then use this patch to try and fix the Emu crash (Don't use this if you don't have HT, and there are two links provided both are the same just using different hosts):

If you run this patch and get a CORRUPT FILE or VIRUS WARNING-

Delete wowemu.exe
Delete wowemu.exe.bak

Rename wowemu.HT1 to wowemu.exe
Rename wowemu.HT2 to wowemu.exe.bak

This will restore the original files.

Next

Edit WoWEmu_No_HT.bat
You can use any text editor.
Locate the section-

Quote:
:PATCH
if exist wowemu.exe imagecfg -a 0x1 ".\wowemu.exe"
if exist WoWemu.exe.BAK imagecfg -a 0x1 ".\WoWemu.exe.BAK"

and place a REM in front of line 2 in that section.

Quote:
:PATCH
if exist wowemu.exe imagecfg -a 0x1 ".\wowemu.exe"
REM if exist WoWemu.exe.BAK imagecfg -a 0x1 ".\WoWemu.exe.BAK"

Save the changes.
Run the patch again.

2) If you have NOD32 antivirus, then put ignore on wowemu.exe in AMON and IMON.

3) If you have a firewall turn it off, then try running the Emu again

4) THIS IS IF NOTHING ELSE WORKED: uninstall your antivirus and switch of your firewall, if the Emu now works then re-install the antivirus and it should be ok, if the Emu didn't work then re-install your antivirus and go to the last step.

5) You will have to download windows 2000 pro, and get the patch service pack 4 for it.

If I misunderstood you and your system is single-core just try another repack, UWC Repaks are the best imo.
cheers seth