Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

slight lack of exp from monsters

Discussion on slight lack of exp from monsters within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
it seems every server i run does not give exp when you kill a monster, you can only get exp from quests. anyone know how to fix this?
Old 12/28/2005, 13:27   #2

Weird, got never Problems like that, first I used Raidens Repack V6 and now Ramas Repack 1.0.5. Try a fresh clean install (you can keep the maps directory) with one of those (ramas has a nice parameter in the startup.tcl for setting an XP-rate multiplier - very nice, mine is currently running on 4x, would recommend 3x for getting not grey quests at the end of each Zone)
cheers seth
Old 12/28/2005, 14:13   #3

Every Emulator gives XP by killing Monsters, maybe you edited something on the Globals or so?
Old 12/29/2005, 12:49   #4

hmm im sure i didnt edit anything cause i dont mess with what i dont understand which is most of this. im trying Ramas Repack 1.0.5 with a fresh install includeing maps. also im not sure if this is fixable or not but in the previous verions i tried there were monsters that would walk a little then go up and down then walk normal again. any fix for that? i dunno if 1.0.5 does it since its still copying stuff but if it doesnt ill just edit this out.
*update*
monster dont jump around at all in 1.0.5
Old 12/29/2005, 13:11   #5

okay so instaling that version fixed the exp problem, but i keep gettin this error msg(server side) and i get dropped
7:08:37:E:WSASend failed WSAECONNRESET (10054)
7:08:40:M:WS4:Connection from [192.168.1.1:4985] closed
seems to happen regardless of server version
happens mostly when i click on items
im using 1.8.0 client is there a better one to use with 1.0.5 repack?
Old 12/29/2005, 15:03   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by irmrbean@Dec 29 2005, 13:11
okay so instaling that version fixed the exp problem, but i keep gettin this error msg(server side) and i get dropped
7:08:37:E:WSASend failed WSAECONNRESET (10054)
7:08:40:M:WS4:Connection from [192.168.1.1:4985] closed
seems to happen regardless of server version
happens mostly when i click on items
Seems that your Firewall or your Antivirus Software is blocking the traffik.
Try to add Port-rules and manually "free" these ports 8080, 3724, 8085.
Well 8080 is only needed if you want people to be able to create Accounts on your Server via Web (the url for this would be http://<yourIP>:8080 -> only plevel 0 CHars can be created there - so no panic )
Then it should work...
Hope this helps
Cheers seth
Old 12/30/2005, 08:10   #7

hmm i opened the ports on my router when i first started and the only thing that never seemed to work was th web page but i suspect my isp blocks outgoing port 8080 (i know they block port 80) but the computer i get the crashes on is internal and has no firewall.
owell ill just have to live with it, this emu was still alot easyer then Aegis was for RO
Old 12/30/2005, 08:44   #8

Here an link to possible explanation of the WSAECONNRESET

Maybe your Windows need an upgrade?
Be sure to have .net framwork 1.1 installed:

(try the .net thing first to install, its well known that some WoWemu Versions need it)
Hope that helps
cya seth
Old 12/30/2005, 10:06   #9

that seems to have fixed the problem installing the .net framework.
thanks for the help
Old 12/30/2005, 10:12   #10

nice to hear it helped!
Was a pleasure to serve you
cheers seth