Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] General Connection Troubleshooting (English)

Discussion on [Guide] General Connection Troubleshooting (English) within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] General Connection Troubleshooting (English)

Connecting to server troubleshooting guide

This guide is something I threw together because it seems most people here are too lazy to try to help people who don't speak German.
If you think this relates to you, it probably does, considering only one of my posts have been answered on this site. So consider yourself racist for not helping someone who posts a question in English on an English web site, but answering only German ones, if you can read this...

---
Anyhow, The point of this guide is to help some learn how to iron out bugs, stopping them from connecting if they can already connect to the server from their computer.
If you can't connect to your game from your own computer, you probably have something else wrong.

Most common Problems:
If you are getting a generic error that you can't connect from the internet, but you can from your network:

-Have you already properly set realmlist.wtf? Make sure no ports are set in the realmlist, otherwise it can get stuck.
One line should say "Set Realmlist (your Server's IP address)".
Not your Network IP, your (IPChicken.com).

-Make sure you already have actually CREATED an account on your server. Look in your repack's "readme" for how to create an account on your server if you don't know.
NOTE: Username and Passwords have the possibility of being CaSE SenSiTivE.

-If you are running Windows Vista/7, try Right Clicking each program required to run the server, and click "Run as Administrator". If you don't do this for anything now of days, little weasels will come up through the ground from hell, and nibble at your ankles.
It's easily overlooked, and nobody knows why.

-If you are using something like Monster WoW's Repack, make sure you are opening it with THEIR version of WoW.exe to connect.
(EG: Open MonsterWoW.exe, NOT wow.exe or LAUNCHER).
And make sure it's in the same folder!

Those are the easiest to check and fix, and often an overlooked problem, but if it still doesn't work:
1)Check your router (). Follow those steps to make sure the ports in -ALL- Config files (AuthServer, WorldServer, and MySQL) are set to forward to the server computer's IP address.
Note: I could tell you the ports, but you should look it up in your files to learn something, such as the possibility that WAMP, XAMP, or other related programs may be conflicting with each other (Especially another MySQL conflicting).

2)Go to your windows firewall (from the Windows Control Panel), and make sure those same ports or programs as above are allowed in the exceptions tab.

3)Make sure you are using the right version cataclysm client (Beta Client does NOT work on this).

If it still doesn't work, please read this over again.

If you had a problem and read this over again, please go back to chorus.

If you sang this the last time, please call a psychiatrist.