Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Cataclysm Installation

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cataclysm Installation

Ok, I have installed Novo's WoW, and I just need to get the client working.

I did what the one download said, and installed WotLK to 3.3.3, then Installed the Cata Beta... but in a different folder.

I can't connect, and I don't know if it's because of that, or if it's because I'm opening the wrong WoW, or what. Which WoW and realmlist.wtf do I change the server on and run? Is there anything I need to do besides just edit realmlist and connect?

Thanks in advance

Old   #2

Is there anyone here who speaks english who can help me?
Sorry to double post, but it seems like I can't get any help just because I don't speak German... Should I just post with Google Translate or something?

Old   #3

I've installed Cata by using the launcher from blizzard.
This was the easiest way.

Of cause you have to copy your old WoW in an other folder while you playing wow 335 or something else on an other private server.
But please don't start this copied wow until you've patched your cataclysm wow.
The reason is very simple, if you're starting your copied wow it will update the wow path in your registry and the cataclysm patch will be installed at your copied folder.

Okay if your launcher doesn't patch your wow you have to download the patches from other sources like .
If you're using this sources you have to install the patches by clicking on the downloaded file.
This patchfile will look at the registry for your wow-path and instal it to the given directory.
Old   #4

Thanks alot for the response Like your avatar BTW XD

So you're saying the most recent WoW Cata that the downloader would install would work, right?

I'm kind of slow sometimes at picking things up, but I usually excel as something once I learn it... sorry if I'm a nuisance, just try to make sure I do something right the first time or 2, so it's not 15x trying to fix it. XD

-Edit: I got it working, thanks for the help. Problem is, I only can get it to connect from behind my network. I have changed my IPs in realmlist.wtf and connection settings in novo's to my WAN, and have even set it up behind a DMZ and taken down Windows Firewall to test it.

It connects when I access fine it via LAN, but WAN just gives me a "failed to connect" error.
Any thoughts? Thanks again in advance