Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Compiling problem

Discussion on Compiling problem within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Compiling problem

I followed tingle's guide and I did everything the same as he did to step 6.0.0

When I looked at the picture I saw he has .dll files and I have not.

Anybody knows what I am doing wrong or do I miss something?

Thx in advance
Old 02/03/2008, 12:32   #2

well 1stly you should of posted this in the tingle's thread itself

2ndly read 2.1.0

2.1.0 - Downloading/Setting up Folders

The Rev (Revision/Version) and files you download will change/update everytime you do this. So when you do this part the possibility of the things you see in picture 3 are different is pretty high.

so i rekon the bad thing about this guide is that the files vary, tingle should of put them into a .rar and uploaded to here

P.S. i can NOT understand german, English pls XD
Old 02/03/2008, 16:54   #3

ok my fault but I had this too before reading this guide, I just wanted to know how others did this...
But the .dll files are essential and if I try to start the world server is says it misses the .dll files.
So how does it come he has some .dll files with his compile and I don't..

PS: I have many experience with p. servers but only not with compiling...
Old 02/09/2008, 10:35   #4

first off post in my post to problems with my server,
second off if you would of read the changes that i add then you wouldnt have this problem.

Third and last your dlls are not copyed to the bin/release folder atm (or anymore ?) they are now found under: Ascent\Ascent Compile\dep\lib32 and there are 2 .dll files (they only show up after you compile ascent... *duh*