Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server > WoW PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 08:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Tingle's Private World of Warcraft Server Tutorial

Old   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreaq View Post
I am having some trouble on step 7.0.0 with the file configs, I cant seem to find them or seem to open any file.

This is what I have You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Can anyone help me? I looked for the configs that I am suppose to edit in my SERVER folder but cant find them.
* From Tingle's Post*
There have been changes they might be put back to the way they where but for now 30.02.08 ill explain what must be done different:

The .dll's and .config you normally get when compiling in the bin/release folder are not there. Copy and paste the ddls and configs from the folder:

C:\Ascent\Ascent Compile\dep\lib32 dbghelp.dll, libeay32.dll and libmySQL.dll
to your server folder

C:\Ascent\Ascent Compile\src ascent-logonserver.config, ascent-realms.config, ascent-world.config
to your server folder and then configure the .config's
unless your using voicechat you do not need to copy the ascent-voicechat.config

When you compile you will get 4 .exe's now. ascent-logonserver.exe, ascent-realmserver.exe, ascent-voicechat.exe, ascent-world.exe
All you need to start is the ascent-logonserver.exe and ascent-world.exe

*my post*
Hmm im stuck on opening wolrld and logon i even tried realms and voicechat, i managed to get voicchat on but the other 3 doesn't work it says user@root acess denied using password ("YES") and im like -_- all the time wasted how to fix? pls tell me

When i open 127.0.0.1 it gives me this error
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
how to fix that? i think thats the problem..

After that i try to make a account and this is the error i get
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 479

so i checked C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 479
$logincheck = mysql_num_rows($uniqueuser);
what is the correct code?

Old   #47

elite*gold: 20
Ok sieht n1 aus mach alle dl's dazu, und tingle wär n1 wenn du alle dl's oben reinpacken würdest unter "Downloads needed", ich war etwas verwirrt weil dachte das wärn alle aber dickes gz echt n1 tut werds zuhause mal versuchen
Edit: Welche WoW Version ist das eig? 2.3.3?

Old   #48

any of you guys have a MSN so you can help me with the server?
Old   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemuna View Post
Ok sieht n1 aus mach alle dl's dazu, und tingle wär n1 wenn du alle dl's oben reinpacken würdest unter "Downloads needed", ich war etwas verwirrt weil dachte das wärn alle aber dickes gz echt n1 tut werds zuhause mal versuchen
Edit: Welche WoW Version ist das eig? 2.3.3?
umm i cant understand german sorry english pls xD?

Old   #50

Thanks jimme, I got it, thanks that helped alot, now I can probably finish, thanks again.

But I am having problems configuring ascent-realms.config, I cant find the codes I need to change in the config.
Old   #51

Quote:
Thanks jimme, I got it, thanks that helped alot, now I can probably finish, thanks again.
lol welcome, if you do finish -_- tell me how.. cant seem to connect to db have to change some files or something -_-
Old   #52

Yea, but I cant find the codes I need to change for ascent-realm.config all I can find it LogonServer and Realm 1 cant find World or Character codes that need to be changes any help? But for logon-config I found easily.

Can I add the codes my self somewhere into the code or no?
Old   #53

Quote:
Yea, but I cant find the codes I need to change for ascent-realm.config all I can find it LogonServer and Realm 1 cant find World or Character codes that need to be changes any help? But for logon-config I found easily.

Can I add the codes my self somewhere into the code or no?
in tingle's guide
ascent.config = ascent-world.config
realms.config = ascent-realms.config
logon.config = ascent-logon.config

you gotta change the codes from all 3 inside
also in ascent-world.config there are die commands there is some in the middle and the end bit you gotta delete it, it is like DIE> something something

Anyone help? i open ascent-world and i get a error saying :
"sql: Select of Database fialed due to 'unknown database' world'"
"sql: Main database initialization failed. Exiting"

fix -_- btw i got my db to connect this is just the problem..
Old   #54

thanks again, lol
Old   #55

I just asked for which version the server is an if he could put all dl's into one file or one point anybody reporting bugs so far?
Old   #56

Quote:
I just asked for which version the server is an if he could put all dl's into one file or one point anybody reporting bugs so far?
I got my server to work (Offline) but the version is all the way back it doesnt have burning crusade, I cant be blood elf or Dranei so the version is old Ill have to update and when I try commands like .set level 70 it said Motd has been set to level 70 and when I tried .setlevel 70 said there is no such command or you do not have access to it when I gave my account GM AZ
Old   #57

i dont believe that its without bt....
Old   #58

Quote:
i dont believe that its without bt....
Well then I dunno, I started up the server and when I hit create char, I couldnt create a BE or Dranei so I think it is without BC and you need to update.
Old   #59

Ok, having some problems with ascent-world.exe when I changes the address of the realm, I set it to my external IP in the config and my realmlist.wtf and when I tried to run ascent-world.exe I get an error.

NEVERMIND: I got it to run but then it cant connect to my external ip? lil help?
Old   #60

I got eror 2003 it said cant connect on local host 10061 on my sql connect /cry