Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server > WoW PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 08:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Tingle's Private World of Warcraft Server Tutorial

Old   #166

elite*gold: 0
Hey. Your guide is awesome. I thank you much for making it. Just wondering if the files are being updated for 2.4.0?

Old   #167

im having an issue with 5.0.0 ive reinstalled everything, and when i try to compile I get this:
------ Build started: Project: pcre, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
pcre_chartables.c
pcre_xclass.c
pcre_version.c
pcre_valid_utf8.c
pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c
pcre_try_flipped.c
pcre_tables.c
pcre_study.c
pcre_refcount.c
pcre_ord2utf8.c
pcre_newline.c
pcre_maketables.c
pcre_info.c
pcre_globals.c
pcre_get.c
pcre_fullinfo.c
pcre_exec.c
pcre_dfa_exec.c
pcre_config.c
pcre_compile.c
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\pcre___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
pcre - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
adler32.c
zutil.c
uncompr.c
trees.c
inftrees.c
inflate.c
inffast.c
infback.c
gzio.c
deflate.c
crc32.c
compress.c
Creating library...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\zlib___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
zlib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ascent-shared, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
Database.cpp
c:\ascentsource\ascent\branches\3_8_stable\src\asc ent-shared\AscentConfig.h(82) : fatal error C1070: mismatched #if/#endif pair in file 'c:\ascentsource\ascent\branches\3_8_stable\src\as cent-shared\ascentconfig.h'
Log.cpp
c:\ascentsource\ascent\branches\3_8_stable\src\asc ent-shared\AscentConfig.h(82) : fatal error C1070: mismatched #if/#endif pair in file 'c:\ascentsource\ascent\branches\3_8_stable\src\as cent-shared\ascentconfig.h'
Util.cpp
StackWalker.cpp
MersenneTwister.cpp
MemoryLeaks.cpp
CrashHandler.cpp
CallBack.cpp
ascent_getopt.cpp
ThreadPool.cpp
Mutex.cpp
CThreads.cpp
SocketWin32.cpp
SocketOpsWin32.cpp
SocketMgrWin32.cpp
Socket.cpp
WowCrypt.cpp
Sha1.cpp
MD5.cpp
crc32.cpp
Compiling...
BigNumber.cpp
Config.cpp
DBCStores.cpp
DBC.cpp
dbcfile.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\ascent-shared___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
ascent-shared - 21 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ascent-logonserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
LogonStdAfx.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\ascent-logonserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
ascent-logonserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ascent-realmserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
RStdAfx.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\ascent-realmserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
ascent-realmserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ascent-world, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\ascent-world___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
ascent-world - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: ascent-voicechat, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
VoiceChat.c
Main.c
ConfigReader.c
Generating Code...
Linking...
Embedding manifest...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\branches\3_8_stable\win\VC9 0\ascent-voicechat__2008_release\BuildLog.htm"
ascent-voicechat - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Below is the code change:
/** Use memory mapping for map files for faster access (let OS take care of caching)
* (currently only available under windows)
* Only recommended under X64 builds, X86 builds will most likely run out of address space.
* Default: Disabled
*/
//#define USE_MEMORY_MAPPING_FOR_MAPS

//#define HOARD

#endif //__ASCENTCONFIG_H

im new to programming, but this piece of code seems to be missing the #if statement. where in this section of code would the #if go? Thanks

EDIT:

reworked the code and it worked

Old   #168

elite*gold: 20
I have a question can I use: Microsoft Visual C++, Professional Edition for Compiling?
Old   #169

If it is the 2008 version, it should. I have 2005, so I had to install the 2008 express version linked in the guide

Old   #170

for all the people having problems USE Visual C++ 2005! not 2008! because thats where the most problems come from... and i wrote the guid thinking that the people that will use it have compiler experience you might have to add windows server 2003 sdk files to it. if you dont know i guess ill tell you do this:

first download the sdk and install it it to its default: Click Link

now goto Tools> Options > Projects and Solutions > VC++ Directories

In the upper right drop down box, select "Executable files" and add "...\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin"

Then select "Include files" and add "...\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include" and "...\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include"

Then select "Library files" and add "...\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib" and "...\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib\x86"

In the Solution Explorer right click your project, and select Properties, then

In your project properties window, navigate to Linker -> Input
Select the 'Additional Dependencies' box. Then click the '...' on the right hand side of the box

If there is already an entry here, take a new line after it (a space will suffice if you cannot create a new line), and type 'user32.lib' and 'kernel32.lib' with a space between them, and without the quotes.

then repeat this process for the other porjects if there are more.

now you shouldnt have any problems anymore. and remember this guid is for Visual C++ 2005!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #171

updated the guid and updated all links for visual c++ 2005
Old   #172

im having trouble with the dbc file spell.dbc could someone send me a copy of theirs?? thanks

Edit: problem fixed. ran extractor on friends pc to get the file
Old   #173

I got Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Autoren Edition can I use it, too?
Old   #174

Windows is bugging around cant download 2005
Old   #175

ive got everything running, but i cant get past handshaking when i run WOW. anyone know what i can do to get it to get past this point?
Old   #176

Hallo zusammen. Erst mal danke für diese coole Tutorial.
Aber ich habe ein Problem das beim compilieren auftritt und zwar krieg ich als Fehlermeldung:
3>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-realmserver\RStdAfx.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory

Kann das sein das bei den neuen Links die zlib.h nicht mehr vorhanden ist? Falls es so ist wie krieg ich es dann kompliliert?

Hier der komplette Text:

1>------ Build started: Project: ascent-shared, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Extracting SVN revision...
1>SVN Revision Extractor
1>Written by Burlex, 2008/02/20
1>Branch: 4.3-TRUNK
1>Could not open entries file. This may not be a SVN checkout? Assuming revision 0.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Extracting SVN revision..."
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-shared___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>ascent-shared - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: ascent-logonserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: ascent-realmserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
3>Compiling...
2>LogonStdAfx.cpp
3>RStdAfx.cpp
3>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-realmserver\RStdAfx.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-realmserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>ascent-realmserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-logonserver\LogonStdAfx.h(36) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-logonserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>ascent-logonserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Build started: Project: ascent-world, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>Compiling...
4>StdAfx.cpp
4>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-world\StdAfx.h(52) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-world___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
4>ascent-world - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 4 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Ich danke schon mal im Vorraus
Old   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin2000 View Post
ive got everything running, but i cant get past handshaking when i run WOW. anyone know what i can do to get it to get past this point?
i got same
Old   #178

thats a common problem people have if they didnt set there password corretly in the cfg files better said that also sometimes comes when trying to connect to your own computer considering ascent wasnt created as a 1 player server. if your passwords are correct try hammering the Enter key untill you get threw.
Old   #179

Windows is bugging around cant download Visual Basic 2005 could sbdy plz upload it with rapidshare.com? or can i use Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Autoren Edition, too?
Old   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin2000 View Post

this could be from not all of the SQL updates have been done. there is a section on the guide about updating the logon, world, character updates. basically to be sure you get them all start at the highest one and continue to do the updates utnil you get an error. when you get your first error you are updated.

thats teh easiest way to be sure your updated.