Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server > WoW PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 09:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Tingle's Private World of Warcraft Server Tutorial

Old   #151

elite*gold: 0
NICE TUT I REALLY LIKD IT IM STARTED ON MY WoW SERVER KNOW ( I BET U ALL THINKING WOW AN ENGLISH PERSON ON A CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG GERMAN SITE)

Old   #152

I have a problem at step 5.0.0

I don't have #define HOARD but #define OPTIMIZE_SERVER_FOR_MYSQL 1

so i changed it to define HOARD, but I only have 1 sucess and 4 failed.

Here is what happen :

1>------ Build started: Project: ascent-shared, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: ascent-voicechat, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
1>Extracting SVN revision...
1>SVN Revision Extractor
1>Written by Burlex, 2008/02/20
1>Branch: 4.3-TRUNK
1>Could not open entries file. This may not be a SVN checkout? Assuming revision 0.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Extracting SVN revision..."
2>VoiceChat.c
2>Main.c
2>ConfigReader.c
2>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-shared___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>ascent-shared - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>Linking...
3>------ Build started: Project: ascent-logonserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Compiling...
3>LogonStdAfx.cpp
2>Embedding manifest...
3>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-logonserver\LogonStdAfx.h(36) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-logonserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>ascent-logonserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Build started: Project: ascent-realmserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>Compiling...
4>RStdAfx.cpp
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-voicechat__2008_release\BuildLog.htm"
2>ascent-voicechat - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-realmserver\RStdAfx.h(40) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-realmserver___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
4>ascent-realmserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
5>------ Build started: Project: ascent-world, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>Compiling...
5>StdAfx.cpp
5>c:\ascentsource\ascent\src\ascent-world\StdAfx.h(52) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\AscentSOURCE\Ascent\win\VC90\ascent-world___Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
5>ascent-world - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I hope somebody will be able to help me. I tried to redownload everything but I still have the same probleme.

That's what I see in AscentConfig

Old   #153

Ok well thanks for your help ...
Old   #154

First off thank you for writing this guide as i can see alot of people have gotten it to work. but for me

i am also getting cant find zlib.h errors like kargrim.

any help is appreciated.

Edit: After reading some of the readmes that are included and the cpp files it seems that there are some missing files in the svn right now. i downloaded the newest version from the ascentemu.com and it fixed alot of the errors but i got into needing another file that wasnt in the zip i found. This was mentioned by Ryu_Takahashi on page 15.

just looks like there is files missing from the downloads right now. Tingle mentioned on another page that he was out of town one weekend. i suspect he is out of town now also which is why this isnt updated.

ill keep searching from teh readmes and stuff but i suspect it will be useless until he gets back and adds more of the proper files.

Old   #155

found out why it doesnt work. the trunk versions are not 100% guaranteed to work. when you do the file updates instead of getting the trunk get

when you do the complile go off the branches version. im using another guide now but thats why. the branches are 100% guaranteed to work and the trunk is them doing updates.

i found this guide

that im using and its working so far almost exact same setup as this one but he uses the branches which for me is compiling fine.

Edit: guess i cant post the link to the other guide but just do a google search for ascent guides and there is a few out there to help out. although i prefer the rest of this one over everything else i ahve found.
Old   #156

elite*gold: 20
That sucks that tingle dont react at this problems... The Links are just not functionable ...
Old   #157

i read it again it looks like he wont be back till 3/30/08. but anyway his whole guide works fine the only thing that you need to do different is compile the branches instead of trunks. which requires downloading the whole file. basically when you do the export dont type in the trunk portion of the link.

make sure you do all of the updates like he has an example for also. it took me 2 days to figure that out haha
Old   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutym View Post
i read it again it looks like he wont be back till 3/30/08. but anyway his whole guide works fine the only thing that you need to do different is compile the branches instead of trunks. which requires downloading the whole file. basically when you do the export dont type in the trunk portion of the link.

make sure you do all of the updates like he has an example for also. it took me 2 days to figure that out haha
Where do I gut those files?
Old   #159

Ascent:
Moon++:
NCDB:

as you can see i just dropped the "trunk" portion off the end.

now there will be a folder called branches. also i dont know why yet but they released patch 2.4 and this rev wont work with it although it will work with the rest of the patches previous to it.
Old   #160

If i follow the tut with these links it will work?
Old   #161

I just updated all the links and remade my server following exactly what i said - sooo, the server still works without a problem - people with problems are the problem ^^
Old   #162

i still cant get the trunks to compile it shows missing random files here and there. the branches work perfectly for me. Other than that your guide is hands down the best out there that ive seen thanks for it.
Old   #163

Update. the reason that mine didnt work before and others here are getting errors with files not found when doing the trunks here is the fix.

There is a readme in the ascent trunk files for windows people. Follow those instructions and it will do the updates that is needed for all the files that the trunk is claiming that is missing. it worked perfect for me.
Old   #164

umm... i'm trying to do the TortoiseSVN export, but its getting an error. When i type the website in my browser (IE/Firefox) it comes up with the password box. I type in anonymous and leave password blank, but it doesn't work. can you help me tingle?
Old   #165

Oke I tried the new Links with Ascent and MOON++ db but the size of the Downloaded files is a little simall hum?
Look at the pic
|
V
Plx Help
**** Visual C++ Test runned out can anyone give me a key ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tortovise.JPG (39.9 KB, 22 views)