Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server > WoW PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 01:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Midnight Gaming | Blizzlike 3.3.5a Server

Discussion on Midnight Gaming | Blizzlike 3.3.5a Server within the WoW PServer Advertising forum part of the WoW Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Midnight Gaming | Blizzlike 3.3.5a Server

Midnight Gaming

Hello, I would like to introduce you to our newly founded community Midnight Gaming. We just opened the doors to our first ream Molten Core.
Our server is a Wrath of lich king patch 3.3.5 blizzlike server. We aim to give you the experience back that you had when WotLK was first released, the best expansion blizzard released.
Server language is english and is hosted in Europe, which gives the best ping for most players.
To celebrate our opening server rates has been increased for a limited time. XP gains are increased by 7 from quests,mob kills & exploration.
Money drops from mobs is increased by 5x.

While the WotLK expansion was great as it was we added some new features to make it a more enjoyable experience like:

Auto Learn Talents
Instead of running to a class trainer when you level up to learn new spells you will learn them instantly for free.

Transmog
We added a transmog NPC in Orgrimmar & Stormwind so you can transmog your favourite itemset.

Heirlooms
We added a heirloom vendor in every starting zone, gear is obtainable for free and will give you a big XP boost.

1vs1 Arenas
You can choose to play 1vs1, 3vs3 & 5vs5 arenas.

Our goals

Our goal is to become one of the biggest blizzlike private realm, and only YOU can help us achieve this, so we hope that you will atleast give us a try.
If you loved the wotlk expansion I am confident you will love this server too.

If you are interested you can join us at:
Realmlist: realm.midnightwow.com

NOTE: We offer recruit a friend bonuses, for now to minimize abuse you need to open a ticket ingame and ask us to link your accounts together. So when you and friend plays together you will gain even more experience.

I hope to see you ingame!

Old 05/11/2019, 13:14   #2

Now to my defacto default critique for any 3.3.5a server that pops up:

You are just like the others that have started in the last 6 months, why would anyone switch from the server they are currently playing on, to your server? And even if just today I wanted to start playing WotLk again, why would I chose your server over one with let's say 500 players?
Right, there is not a single reason to either jump ship or even start on your server, while there are project with player numbers in the hundreds if not thousands, which give me similar rates, the same feature set with NO DRAWBACKS!

You guys should always think of doing a wow project in terms of opening a small business selling fast food, right next to a KFC, Burger King, and a McDonalds, etc.
If you don't provide something ALL THE OTHERS don't, your idea will fail because you can't outcompete the big players on their own turf.

So let's see what you have done in preperation for this project:
- spent a few bucks on a server
- downloaded and compiled a wotlk core (or used a repack, which I would shame you for!)
- Installed FusionGEN with the most boring and default WotLK Theme
- Installed phpBB with a not even similar Theme (really, couldn't even be bother to find a blue-ish one?)
- put an ad out and hoped to make it big?

Really, all in all you spent what? 6 hours setting this up and you think you can grow to be biggest wotlk server? Honestly, what a joke!

Even the RAF stuff, you couldn't be bothered to write a system that checks a few requirements to link accounts? It's not even that much you would need to check:
- Not registered by the same IP
- Have both to be online to activate RAF (again not from the same IP)
- XP Boost only applied while both players are in a group (again not from the same IP)

And there, you have an RAF system that is as hard to abuse, as doing it via ticket... and it's pretty easy to implement, may have taken a few hours of coding and testing, delayed the start of your project by maybe a few days depending on much methods of potential abuse you wanted to test for.

I know it's not easy to come up with something unique while still being blizzlike, but guess what being blizzlike only really feels rewarding if you have the playerbase to support it.
If there are only 30 people around, you have to farm your own resources, because nobody will sell his resources on the auction house, instead of using them to enhance their gameplay experience. Getting a dungeon group or even a raid together becomes a test of patience.

I'd honestly, rather see new WotLK Server build a scaling system, that allows for a low population server to actually be fully playable even if there are only 5 people who want to raid, where resources can be bought from vendors so people can focus on two crafting professions and farming gold (which has more options), rather than farming the resources themselves.
At least you would have a chance of maybe growing large enough to allow for the switch to a more blizzlike experience over time and make you interesting enough for some people maybe even a few guilds to check your server out and stick around, because they get caught up on their previous activities quite fast, while still having a somewhat different experience getting to that point.

Old 05/11/2019, 13:30   #3

Is there progression ?
Old 05/16/2019, 16:11   #4

For at least 2 days the website only shows an error. No information about what is happening, what caused the error, when it will be resolved...

They managed to set a Website and WoW server up, but aren't capable of switching to a maintenance 5-minute-to-make website telling people why the project currently is undergoing maintenance.
Probably says it all about the quality and conviction one can expect from this project...